Thread: Compatible mods

Default Compatible mods

Since almost all of us use some combination of mods (dust, blood, music, loading screens, units etc.) I thought it would be useful to have a thread which specifically deals with compatibility of other mods with NER.

So, fire away, please add your experiences!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Compatible mods

This makes sense, thanks.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I think any mod that changes only graphics files - flags, uniforms, terrain - will work with NER.

Also, any sound or music mod should work.

That's a good start.

Currently using (with no crashes):

Bart07 mod w/ AORvanilla (units are not balanced for NER)
    Primergy Grass mod
    NTF 1.9
    Better Renders Mod V3
    Brigadiers Drum roll cadence v5
    Diggy PoP muskets
    Radious No Dust
    SirDCC LoadScreens
    Proper Hats mod
    + few other retexture mods
    Last edited by ahedgpe; April 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM.

Alan.rio's Avatar Libertus

Hmmm. While I think this thread is a good idea, it might be better to specify which mods
    A. Work with NER but changes aspects NER changes too (and specify those changes)

and

B. Work with NER without changing any aspects that NER has already changed (for example mods for music, graphics, flags, SFX etc.)

It all depends on your definition of "compatible" I guess.

(The reason I write this is because I observe ahedgpe has included Bart07 mod which will introduce lots of units that haven't been balanced to work with NER. Correct?)
    Last edited by Alan.rio; April 28, 2010 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan.rio View Post
    Hmmm. While I think this thread is a good idea, it might be better to specify which mods
    A. Work with NER but changes aspects NER changes too (and specify those changes)

and

B. Work with NER without changing any aspects that NER has already changed (for example mods for music, graphics, flags, SFX etc.)

It all depends on your definition of "compatible" I guess.

(The reason I write this is because I observe ahedgpe has included Bart07 mod which will introduce lots of units that haven't been balanced to work with NER. Correct?)
    Exactly, Bart07 mod is the only one I had to "adjust"...I went through and balanced (for my liking) the units manually in many areas with PFM to bring them as close as I could to NER. Very time consuming, but works well. I updated my post to reflect that by default, Bart07 mod is not balanced for NER.
    Last edited by ahedgpe; April 28, 2010 at 10:24 AM.

If you know Desaix from legio clan (he's a NER MP steamgroup member), he is reworking all the maps again.

He already has quite a few "real-ified" and they are a vast improvement for MP battles

I use Brigadier's total music mod without any problems.

yup, Brigadiers music and graphic mods works fine with NER i'm using them too

Quote Originally Posted by ahedgpe View Post
    Exactly, Bart07 mod is the only one I had to "adjust"...I went through and balanced (for my liking) the units manually in many areas with PFM to bring them as close as I could to NER. Very time consuming, but works well. I updated my post to reflect that by default, Bart07 mod is not balanced for NER.
    I would love to be able to add new units to this mod.

If it is not too much trouble or dangerous could you explain how you "adjust" the units manually?

Also do you know how to turn the voices off (i>e those responding with the wrong names: revolutionary guard, etc?).

Help would be much appreciated.

Default Re: [Tech Help] NER Tech Corner

Can NER be used with Napoleon all in one mod?

Moved to the right thread/DV
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 08, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

Hey guys is there a working fire by rank mod that is compatiable with NER?
    Cheers

Libertus

Can you run this with total factions?