Thread: question about character names (ministers, agents...etc...)

Default question about character names (ministers, agents...etc...)

Hi all,

I have noticed that some characters only have first names, any guesses why? ...and is there a way to change it?

Thanks in advance,

rfa

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Default Re: question about character names (ministers, agents...etc...)

Never noticed any that had only one name ... but, no I do not think you can change a characters name I wish you could ... like with the name of units.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

I haven't seen it yet, except by kings, but that's pretty normal (even today). It's a bit of high class when you are only know by your first name. napoleon, for example. Michelangelo, Rafael, Madonna, if you wish

Thanks gents,

I should have made a disclaimer, as I play almost exclusively as the PLC in campaign mode. I tested this thoroughly, firing minsters, and observing unit leaders, as well as agents. It seems that every third "character" only has a first name - takes away from the overall experience for a gamer like me. I want my justice minster to have a memorable name, not simply "Radoslaw".

That being said, I thought that some first and last name combinations simply have too many letters - and the game allows only for so many letters. Still, one of the original generals in the game at campaign start is Stanislaw Poniatowski. Using DBEditor, I took a look at the available names the game pulls from to generate character names. There are very few first and last name combinations that exceed this general's letter count - certainly not enough given the list of names to yield single name characters as often as I get them.

I wonder if that is a bug, given how other factions do not have this problem.

never noticed that ... and BTW I Don't care about names
    Germany For Ever

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

yeah i never ntoiced it too, and names aren't that important