Thread: Uniform Skin Suggestions

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Default Uniform Skin Suggestions

The Released Mod thread is getting kind of crowded with all of the works that people are putting up. I don't know much about the uniforms worn during the Nappy War so I am asking the community to make suggestions based upon the released skin mods which would be best (and most historical) for the following time periods:

1805~1808

1808~1812

If you can help by suggesting which time period and which faction to use the modded skin that would be great. I have found that some of the mods have mixed skins ranging from 1805 all the way through 1812 and beyond.

Cleomenes's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Uniform Skin Suggestions

Some of the units from the egyptian campaign and the italy one should be used instead of the ones in the grand campaign, for example, the basic line infantry for france in the grand campaign is in accordance to the Bardin regulations of 1811, if im not mistaken, and apparently just a small part of the Grande Armee received new uniforms in time for the russian campaign.
    Plus lots of regiments refused to switch to the new regulations, like some hussars, chasseurs and elite regiments, still wore colpacks, and bearskins during the whole of the napoleonic wars.
    Prussia too, should not have so many shakos, nor austria. The units we have in game are mostly 1813 -1815 styled.

I'm using emperorbartman's hats mod.

I find this website to be rather accurate : http://www.darnault-mil.com/Galerie/index_galerie.htm
    this website is also very good, but most of the uniforms deal already with the late period : http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napole..._uniforms.html
    "Waterloo will wipe out the memory of my forty victories; but that which nothing can wipe out is my Civil Code That will live forever."
    Napoleon of France

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Uniform Skin Suggestions

If anyone wishes to work on full 1805-era uniforms, the can use my mod as a base.

I've noticed the Russians have all-in-all changed the least in uniforms, keeping that pea jacket, high-collar uniform through most of the war.