Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Region based Recruitment

Default Re: Region based Recruitment

but PB could you implement Retinue Longbowmen and Swisspikeman and Haliberds at least for this update?

Not sure about the LBmen, but maybe Landsknzeknechkts (jeez who can spell that?) and Swiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Landsknzeknechkts (jeez who can spell that?)
    Landsknechte?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    but PB could you implement Retinue Longbowmen
    Eck, god forbid we make public to every faction one of the most historically English-identifiable warfare units. It's bad enough as it is that any invading army can recruit regular longbowmen in addition to hiring welsh longbowmen mercenaries. Making the Retinue Longbowmen yet another public levy would be to void all factional relevance of the English. I'm sure we'll receive outcry from the-monetary at this blatant logic, but I think the more logical fanbase would hold to this reasoning.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Longbowmen Retinue longbowmen its all the same. Allright Swiss is a start Thank you PB i look forward to it.

Retinue LB are Late Pro and as such won't be made AoR.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Quick Q:

Has the latest version of RC/RR implemented any form of AoR units for the byzantine area - in the old Oct 30th files the Byz units were only recruitabale by byzantines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Quick Q:

Has the latest version of RC/RR implemented any form of AoR units for the byzantine area - in the old Oct 30th files the Byz units were only recruitabale by byzantines.
    The Mourtotai (Sp?) is available for all factions who conquer the Byz lands. Don't think there's any other units.

i would kill for some varangian guard in constaniople but it looks like it can only be done to castles.

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    i would kill for some varangian guard in constaniople but it looks like it can only be done to castles.
    I produce those in Constantinople (though I renamed it Megalos Theordoropolis when I took it back in Late Era), You need a Mayors Palace.

Kaledon's Avatar Civis

I think he means as AoR.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that we shouldn't have faction units that can be recruited by other factions.
    (nb different factions can, of course, have identical units)

If there are regional units that can be recruited they should be mercenary units available to all factions.

I would have thought it simpler to just have mercenaries than work out which factions can and can't incorporate regional troops into their rosters.

Well, as it stands, 'Local' units are recruitable at full strength by the original faction in original areas, and half availability in nearby geographic/cultural areas (also starting with zero available initially), and at half availability for conquering factions of new areas.

In RC the idea is that there is a fixed manpower at each tier level, with the priority (shown as Recruitment Priority in RR Guide) as Late Pro > Early Pro > Local > Rural Levy. By making such Local units as mercenaries, it then ignores the population level in that region and can make some regions overpowered in how many units can be recruited there.

In RC the idea is that there is a fixed manpower at each tier level, with the priority (shown as Recruitment Priority in RR Guide) as Late Pro > Early Pro > Local > Rural Levy. By making such Local units as mercenaries, it then ignores the population level in that region and can make some regions overpowered in how many units can be recruited there.
    On the other hand we can change the availability of mercenary units over time, we can give start and end dates for each entry.
    If a region is "overpowered" we can easily cut the replenishment rate or be more selective over which units are available in which regions.

I'm not sure that population level is necessarily linked to availability of mercenaries { from any particular region or level of buildings. }

I suspect it is the relative wealth of potential employers and the immediate need for troops that determines how many mercenaries are employed from any given pool of mercenaries.

But these aren't mercenaries, they are Local units. And as I said, their availability depends on which faction is doing the recruiting, the year, the tier etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123