Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: IB2 Vandalorvm II Campaign Install Issues/Questions/Bugs

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: IB2 Vandalorvm II Campaign Install Issues/Questions/Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by steelwarrior7 View Post
    Do the same and use the kingdoms launcher kingdoms.exe
    How can I do it?
    Please tell me how step by step, if you don't mind...

Quote Originally Posted by steelwarrior7 View Post
    What exactly does not work for you?
    -I have no new faction like Ostroghots, Burgundians etc...(patch installed)
    -West Romans objective pretty strange...they have to destroy themself!!
    -Southern cities of the empire are all unhappy with red faces.
    -I'm able to play minor factions.
    -Music is the same of vanilla version.

ok then you did not install the patch correctly - sometimes it goes to the wrong directory..

first update untill 1.21 - as described in the thread - then download the zip ptach - extract it and paste it over the 1.21 - overwrite where necessary

the mod is great - really worth it...

Been trying to dl this mod all day. The file seems to be corrupted. plz help. I have brittanica mod installed perfectly idk why this one is not working.

Cilician Pirate's Avatar Libertus

Hello Rio and team! I’m looking to download IB II Vandals and try out the awesome Late Romans you guys created, but I’m unsure what parts to actually download and from where….. Do I just download and install these parts? ....

IB2 – Vandals Version 1.2 Full (Exe) – 200,000KB
    IB2 – Vandals Version 1.2 Full (DO1) – 200,000KB
    IB2 – Vandals Version 1.2 Full (DO2) – 176,242KB
    IB2 – Vandals 1.2.01 – 273KB
    IB2 – Vandalorvm II Mod Patch.7z

…. And do I download them from the post made by Rio (IB2 VANDALORVM II RELEASED! DOWNLOAD HERE) or Gigantus (IB2 Vandalorvm II Campaign Install Issues/Questions/Bugs)? Also, is the work on IB II Vandals finished? … Because there doesn’t seem to be much activity on this forum. Oh, and is this mod fully mod-foldered?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilician Pirate View Post
    Hello Rio and team! I’m looking to download IB II Vandals and try out the awesome Late Romans you guys created, but I’m unsure what parts to actually download and from where….. Do I just download and install these parts? ....

IB2 – Vandals Version 1.2 Full (Exe) – 200,000KB
    IB2 – Vandals Version 1.2 Full (DO1) – 200,000KB
    IB2 – Vandals Version 1.2 Full (DO2) – 176,242KB
    IB2 – Vandals 1.2.01 – 273KB
    IB2 – Vandalorvm II Mod Patch.7z

…. And do I download them from the post made by Rio (IB2 VANDALORVM II RELEASED! DOWNLOAD HERE) or Gigantus (IB2 Vandalorvm II Campaign Install Issues/Questions/Bugs)? Also, is the work on IB II Vandals finished? … Because there doesn’t seem to be much activity on this forum. Oh, and is this mod fully mod-foldered?
    Yes DL and install as you have it above-Its mod folded
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 12, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Hey Rio thanks alot for the quick response. I downloaded and installed the mod. But I have another question:

Once I download and extract this patch (IB2 – Vandalorvm II Mod Patch.7z) to the desktop, do I then copy the new "IB 2" folder it provides me with and paste it/overwrite it into this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2

Howdy y'all. I've just finished up the incredible The History of Rome and so the urge to play this game is finally too great to combat. I've installed it entirely (I believe, as I am not particularly computer savvy), and started it up. It works great on the campaign map and I can already tell I'm in for a stupidly fun time. Unfortunately, several minutes into any battle there is a crash of some sort that requires me to end the no longer responding program. A small message informs me there has been a problem, to which I can only provide an okay before it reverts to complete non-functionality.

My questions are:
    1) How do I fix this and continue my effort to revive the shattered Western Roman Empire?
    2) How do I provide you with more detailed information like a log or a save file, so that you can see what is going on for yourselves, rather than rely on the dude (me) who barely gets the "internet is a bunch of tubes" joke.

Hey Rio thanks alot for the quick response. I downloaded and installed the mod. But I have another question:

Once I download and extract this patch (IB2 – Vandalorvm II Mod Patch.7z) to the desktop, do I then copy the new "IB 2" folder it provides me with and paste it/overwrite it into this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2
    This would be the instructions
    Requires IB2 Vandalorvm mod w/latest Installer Patch 1.2.01
    Install:
    -First extract to your desktop
    -Copy or paste your IB2 folder into your kingdom's mods folder
    -Medieval II Total War\mods

So it goes into your mtw2 mods folder where your game(IB2)is located.
    Medieval II Total War\mods
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 14, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilich-yo View Post
    Howdy y'all. I've just finished up the incredible The History of Rome and so the urge to play this game is finally too great to combat. I've installed it entirely (I believe, as I am not particularly computer savvy), and started it up. It works great on the campaign map and I can already tell I'm in for a stupidly fun time. Unfortunately, several minutes into any battle there is a crash of some sort that requires me to end the no longer responding program. A small message informs me there has been a problem, to which I can only provide an okay before it reverts to complete non-functionality.

My questions are:
    1) How do I fix this and continue my effort to revive the shattered Western Roman Empire?
    2) How do I provide you with more detailed information like a log or a save file, so that you can see what is going on for yourselves, rather than rely on the dude (me) who barely gets the "internet is a bunch of tubes" joke.
    Hi Stilich-yo

Did you install the mod w/the downloads from the above post? #264
    Sounds like a faulty installation for some reason

midnite's Avatar Citizen

My questions are:
    Hi Stilich-yo

some questions

what factions were included in the battle?
    what faction were you looking at when you had the ctd?
    zoomed in or zoomed out?
    fortification or open ground?
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    what factions were included in the battle?
    what faction were you looking at when you had the ctd?
    zoomed in or zoomed out?
    fortification or open ground?
    1/4) One battle on the bridge outside of Carthage between the Vandals (me) and the WRE, and two battles at the rebel town southeast of Caesaraugusta in Spain with me as the WRE. All three went to a CTD and suggested I check the log, which I cannot for the life of me find.

2/3) I think I was zoomed in on the WRE troops all three times, but I'm not totally sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    This would be the instructions
    Requires IB2 Vandalorvm mod w/latest Installer Patch 1.2.01
    Install:
    -First extract to your desktop
    -Copy or paste your IB2 folder into your kingdom's mods folder
    -Medieval II Total War\mods

So it goes into your mtw2 mods folder where your game(IB2)is located.
    Medieval II Total War\mods
    Hey Rio, I did exactly as you said, and when I went to paste the new "IB 2" folder given to me by the patch into this location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods" it asked me if I wanted to: "overwrite any existing files",and I'm assuming I should say yes?? This is what you were talking about right??

Also, I have another big question:

Do the unit skins and textures in this mod place a bigger strain on computers than most other mods? I have been forced to turn down some of the graphics settings while playing IB 2 Vandals, because I've been experiencing a ton of lag while playing battles and especially when zooming in on the Late Roman units and the enemy army.

Another option which was necessary for me to turn off was "shaders version 2", because with it on, not only did the usual blood appear on units, but also lots of dirt and grime appeared on them too after a while ......

So, I will continue playing around with the graphics settings until I find the optimal combination that my PC can handle. But I have to ask is this lag a normal occurence, or is it because of a faulty install?? Because while I admit my computer isn't the best, it can in fact play the Broken Crescent mod on high settings, and that mod also has highly detailed unit skins and textures just like yours ....

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Hi Stilich-yo

Did you install the mod w/the downloads from the above post? #264
    Sounds like a faulty installation for some reason
    Following your suggestion, I deleted it and reinstalled it, which now works just fine. The only remaining issue is the lack of the glowing green circles when I click on a unit. midnite said that I just have to mess with the ib2.cfg file in the IB2 folder. However, I cannot seem to find it nor do I seem to have a program that can actually open it. Thanks everyone for helping quite a bit already.

Hey Rio, I did exactly as you said, and when I went to paste the new "IB 2" folder given to me by the patch into this location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods" it asked me if I wanted to: "overwrite any existing files",and I'm assuming I should say yes?? This is what you were talking about right??

Also, I have another big question:

Do the unit skins and textures in this mod place a bigger strain on computers than most other mods? I have been forced to turn down some of the graphics settings while playing IB 2 Vandals, because I've been experiencing a ton of lag while playing battles and especially when zooming in on the Late Roman units and the enemy army.

Another option which was necessary for me to turn off was "shaders version 2", because with it on, not only did the usual blood appear on units, but also lots of dirt and grime appeared on them too after a while ......

So, I will continue playing around with the graphics settings until I find the optimal combination that my PC can handle. But I have to ask is this lag a normal occurence, or is it because of a faulty install?? Because while I admit my computer isn't the best, it can in fact play the Broken Crescent mod on high settings, and that mod also has highly detailed unit skins and textures just like yours ....
    Yes to your first question. That is correct

The textures were very large but we have made them smaller in size. midnite could probably answerer this in more detail but you might have to adjust your video settings

Following your suggestion, I deleted it and reinstalled it, which now works just fine. The only remaining issue is the lack of the glowing green circles when I click on a unit. midnite said that I just have to mess with the ib2.cfg file in the IB2 folder. However, I cannot seem to find it nor do I seem to have a program that can actually open it. Thanks everyone for helping quite a bit already.
    OK good

Inside your IB2 folder you should have a Configuration(cfg) file. Open that
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 14, 2012 at 09:12 PM.

Inside your IB2 folder? I never got that folder. I am trying to install with a gold version of med total war thru steam and in the kingdoms mod folder i didnt see a IB2 folder at all. Also after intall i get a error message: Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. Thats after i double click on the icon for the mod on my desktop

ok i figured out where the IB2 folder was being created / installed and i moved it into the mod folder however i still cant launch the game just vanilla kingdoms perhaps if i could get the launch options/ properties so i can change the steam launch options and get it to work that way anyone have those launch options?

The installer will install the files into mods\IB2 the installer dosnt do this for me it puts everything into Computer/OS(CProgram Files(x86)MyProduct and i cant tell it to install to the mods folder there is no option to do anything i just have to install it then cut and paste but im still not getting somthing rite?
    Last edited by bohema; August 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

There is a toturial created by Gigantus to install IB II with steam. Search this tread, you will find some help.

Cheers

cant seem to find the steam install guide. found quite a few post mentioning it but still cant find the thread

Quote Originally Posted by bohema View Post
    cant seem to find the steam install guide. found quite a few post mentioning it but still cant find the thread
    In the Dl section

Click on the Creating a World part
    Attention Steam Users
    Please read this tutorial\resource before installing: Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 15, 2012 at 07:16 PM.

Hello again Rio. Well, I installed the last patch and everything seems to be working okay.

However, are there any unit banners in this mod?? Because no matter how many times I change "show_banners = 0" to "show_banners = 1", and vice-versa, it still does not make the unit banners appear on the battlefield in game ..... But I can though, enable and disable the green arrow markers at will via the Configuration cfg., just not the banners.

Any ideas?? I already tried changing the cfg. files in my other mods, but still no banners in IB2 ....

Oh, and are all the soldiers in the Steppe Mercenary Spearmen unit supposed to look the same?? Because there is no variation within their ranks unlike all the other units in the game ....

Sorry for more questions.