Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-enactors!!! Post your pics

Default Re: Re-enactors!!! Post your pics

oh quite impressive! a winged hussar was most unexpected good sir

Frederich Barbarossa's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Edinburgh, Scotland (From Kendall, Florida and proud!)

yes I agree, any napoleonic reenactors? Currently Im trying to become one. :S
    His highness, þeþurn I, Keng of Savomyr!

Quote Originally Posted by Friendo1231 View Post
    I do Great War reenactments. Picture's a year old, but I like it.

I reenact the US Civil War, ww2 as a Gordon Highlander, I would love to do a gordon ww1 or Napoleonic impression but there are no groups in the midwest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13 View Post
    Oriental SS? I thought the SS had this thing about racial purity for its member?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Ge...1%E2%80%931941)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    Fine haircut, I admit, looks authentic! I wonder what were people's reactions to that
    Reactions were everywhere the same - very positive. People liked it very much. The only one exception from this rule is my wife

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    oh quite impressive! a winged hussar was most unexpected good sir
    Thanks
    BTW, if anybody wants to see a big event with 600 reenactors (including 80 winged hussars) from Europe (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Czech Republic, Poland) and USA, I invite you to Warsaw on the 4th of July 2010. We will celebrate 400th anniversary of the battle of Klushino 1610.

Some pictures of our reenactors:

Russian infantry
    Attachment 86612

Polish infantry
    Attachment 86618

"Germans"
    Attachment 86614Attachment 86615Attachment 86616

Polish hussars
    Attachment 86617

and last but not least - Polish girls
    Attachment 86613

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Sweetness, I didn't know anyone was reenacting gladiator fights, not to the death of course but still thats awesome!
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

We Yugoslavs gathered for big WW2 reenactment 15-20 years ago

There were partisans
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ustashe

and Chetniks

It was poorly organized though.
    Partisans dind't have enough guys to play so they joined the Chetniks, and Ustashe didn't have enough gear. Some Muslims from the area decided to join, but they had neither man nor gear, so they mass murdered themselves. Then it suddenly rained NATO missiles on Chetniks, and no one wanted to play with Ustashe after the storm was over, so we gathered in Dayton and agreed it's better to postpone it for a few years. We are currently preparing the field in Bosnia. Really authentic terrain with a lot of newly (re)built churches and mosques to shoot at.
    Has signatures turned off.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    Sweetness, I didn't know anyone was reenacting gladiator fights, not to the death of course but still thats awesome!
    Not only that. Ars Dimicandi Institute restored also Gladiatorial schools

http://www.arsdimicandi.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post

There were partisans
    Ustashe
    and Chetniks

Partisans dind't have enough guys to play so they joined the Chetniks, and Ustashe didn't have enough gear. Some Muslims from the area decided to join, but they had neither man nor gear, so they mass murdered themselves. Then it suddenly rained NATO missiles on Chetniks, and no one wanted to play with Ustashe after the storm was over, so we gathered in Dayton and agreed it's better to postpone it for a few years. We are currently preparing the field in Bosnia. Really authentic terrain with a lot of newly (re)built churches and mosques to shoot at.
    That was actually very, very funny, in a very, very dark way.

I'm a napoleonic reenactor. Anything more recent than 1880 is not "fun" in my opinion (I do believe it's fun, but I can't help noticing that SS reenactment is often most popular in the countries that never experienced the originals on their own land).

And then you have the entire nationalism-who won what-who was the leetest-thing.

Although, strangely, it seems to me that good reenactors are usually far more relaxed about nationalism and differing views on things, than for instance a lot of the people acting as "cheerleaders" for their respective ethnicities/states on here. Probably because if you actually meet "the other side" for mock combats and parties a couple of times every year, you wouldn't last long if you acted as one of the guys pictured in Arus post.

Quote Originally Posted by Radosław Sikora View Post
    Oh, reenacting... It's my life
    Some my pictures..
    Impressive.

reenacting is my life

ACW WW2 WW1 Napoleonic

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Anyone with a paratrooper uniform? im thinking of buying myself one, garand included.

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    Anyone with a paratrooper uniform? im thinking of buying myself one, garand included.
    Dear lord, don't do paratrooper. Everybody and their mother's dog does paratrooper.

Please, just for history's sake, do something besides airborne.
    Hundreds of thousands of soldiers fought, froze, sweated, suffered innumerable hardships and gave years of their lives in the service of their respective nations. Many lost their minds, parts of their bodies, or their lives. This may be a shock, but most were not in the 101st.
    Why do I give a damn? Why risk hurting our sales of paratrooper uniforms by picking on the 506th? True, we could make a living off just paratrooper uniforms. And it would simplify my business if everybody just did B.O.B. re-enacting. Money is money right? (No, this hasn't been inspired because we are running out of khaki cotton and I'm trying to inspire people to buy other products. We still have at least 3,000 yards on hand.)
    The reason is that I was and am a re-enactor. This hobby , supposedly, strives to accurately recreate certain time periods in history. At least that's the way I have understood it for 25 years. I also have some sense of proportion. From those standpoints, it just seems that the airborne to everybody else ratio has gotten farb. (Don't start about the SS to Heer ratio...that cannot even begin to compete with paratrooper mainia.) At some events, the 506th outnumbers all other re-enactors (Allied and Axis) as well as the spectators. That's nuts. How can you have a "battle" if everyone is in the same unit? "Going airborne" nowadays is about as original as putting one of those number 3's with "in memory of" in the back window of your F150..

Before joining the crowd, just look at this in a practical sense. Even for a minute. Airborne helmets and uniforms are more expensive, paratrooper jackets make some people look fat, khaki shows dirt far worse than other uniform colors, paratroopers don't get to wear camo and, worst of all, you won't stand out. You'll look like everybody else.
    Simply considering the US re-enacting options, there are dozens of good units to portray. The 101st was in and out of combat for all of 9 months. Many of the Infantry divisions were engaged for nearly 3 years. Not that the members of the 101st didn't earn their reputation, but what about the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Infantry Divisions? They were in continuous combat for much longer periods, often in worse conditions and suffered far more casualties. In B.O.B. they are grousing that they were to have been relieved within a few days. When did they to go back to England...July? What about the 4th and 29th Infantry Divisions? Or the soldiers in dozens of other units? When did they get to go back to the UK for a refit and a break? Look what the poor guys in the 36th ID went through in Italy. Darby's Rangers? 1st Armored? This could go on all day. Millions of troops of the Wehrmacht, Red Army, England, Japan and dozens of other countries made their contributions to the whole affair. And when there are more units of the 101st than just about all others combined, that's practically an insult to the rest of the veterans...think about it.

The 101st was a great unit. But they didn't do it alone. They had a little help. Don't forget about those men and women who didn't wear a puking chicken patch.
    atthefront.com

Easy company wasn't the only unit in the war.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post

There were partisans

Ustashe

and Chetniks

I don't know there were AKs during WWII... Anyway, I do find courage for your people dare to reenact Ustashe (Croat facists that tried to ethnic cleansing Serbs during WWII, still a very sensitive subject during Yugoslav War during 90s) and Chetniks (Serb insurgents of political right, regarding by Partisans as Nazi cooperators. During Yugoslav War during 90s Chetniks were used as a sympol of Serb imperialism).
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I don't know there were AKs during WWII... Anyway, I do find courage for your people dare to reenact Ustashe (Croat facists that tried to ethnic cleansing Serbs during WWII, still a very sensitive subject during Yugoslav War during 90s) and Chetniks (Serb insurgents of political right, regarding by Partisans as Nazi cooperators. During Yugoslav War during 90s Chetniks were used as a sympol of Serb imperialism).
    Dear hellheaven, I think you missed one or more important point(s).

The author of previous message attemped sarcasm and/or a very dark humor.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    Dear hellheaven, I think you missed one or more important point(s).

The author of previous message attemped sarcasm and/or a very dark humor.
    Ya, I actually miss them, damned it.

Who knows, may be soon a new round of reenactment would happen again in Macedon, which I may play a role too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Serb Chetniks during the WWII did the ethical cleanings as well, mostly in eastern Bosnia among Muslim population ( then considered as Croats of muslim religion)

and Tito's partizans also did ethical cleanings, but from different reasons than Ustasche or Chetniks

in time of WWII everybody did ethical cleanings, and memory od that dragged us into new ethical cleanings in 91'-95' war, and ethnical cleanings will happen again when new war amonh us happens, and most likely it will happen in Bosnia, situation in Bosnia cant be solved diplomatic way...