Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Public Research - Medieval Balkan Castles & Fortresses

Default Re: Medieval Balkan Castles/Fortresses

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonSRB View Post
    What about the castel "Katsel" in Banja Luka?
    Those castles were built by the Otomans so this is after our period mate.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian_King View Post
    Those castles were built by the Otomans so this is after our period mate.
    It is not after the period... The mod ends 1530. which is after the castle was made...

Quote Originally Posted by dabela View Post
    It is not after the period... The mod ends 1530. which is after the castle was made...
    This castle was made by the Otomans and not by the Bosnians. It would be really strange....
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

This castle was made by the Otomans and not by the Bosnians. It would be really strange....
    I dont see why would it be strange... I mean, its obviosly not going to be a unique city/fort, but if it could be, then why not make it available for construction at the year it was actualy built...

Quote Originally Posted by dabela View Post
    I dont see why would it be strange... I mean, its obviosly not going to be a unique city/fort, but if it could be, then why not make it available for construction at the year it was actualy built...
    Yes but to make it available for construction by who? By the Otoman sultan or the bosnian king? You agree with me that it is impossible to put it into the Bosnian faction?

Maybe Tsardoms team makes the mod in the way that Bosnia gets conquered by Ottomans, and then they make the Kastel Banja Luka?

A lot of ifs. And much more important stuff to do first.

However, thanks for your suggestions.

TTW GRANDMASTER

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

you will all be pleased when you see results. as you know Serbia, Bosnia and Bulgaria will all share same castles, but they fit for all those factions perfectly.
    and at least one castle that duce has done is made after actual castle in Bosnia

Quote Originally Posted by matko View Post
    you will all be pleased when you see results. as you know Serbia, Bosnia and Bulgaria will all share same castles, but they fit for all those factions perfectly.
    and at least one castle that duce has done is made after actual castle in Bosnia
    Nice. You already choose a castle for Bosnia?

Nice. You already choose a castle for Bosnia?
    level 1 castle is made to look like Vranduk.

level 1 castle is made to look like Vranduk.
    Nice nice! For those who want to see how wranduk looks like today it is like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

and inside there is a medieval museum i think. But it would be much more difficult for you to make a lever 3 castle or somethink like that. I think you should use some literature which tried to reconstruct the Capital Bobovac.

Nice nice! For those who want to see how wranduk looks like today it is like this:

and inside there is a medieval museum i think. But it would be much more difficult for you to make a lever 3 castle or somethink like that. I think you should use some literature which tried to reconstruct the Capital Bobovac.
    again: Bosnia shares = using the same castles as Serbia and Bulgaria. there is not enough "culture slots" to make each faction have their own.
    but like i said - other castles are inspired by Golubac in Serbia and other castles but they fit well for Bosnia too.

this is unfinished level 3. for example

again: Bosnia shares = using the same castles as Serbia and Bulgaria. there is not enough "culture slots" to make each faction have their own.
    but like i said - other castles are inspired by Golubac in Serbia and other castles but they fit well for Bosnia too.
    So if I understand well:

-level 1 bosnian castles are made towards the Vranduk castle near Zenica
    -higher level castles use the same models as Serbia and Bulgaria
    ?

So if I understand well:

-level 1 bosnian castles are made towards the Vranduk castle near Zenica
    -higher level castles use the same models as Serbia and Bulgaria
    ?
    all castles on all levels are the same for Bosnia, Serbia and Bulgaria.
    some were modeled to look like real castles. so level 1 looks like Vranduk castle near Zenica. others look like other castles (existing or not). but all look realistic

this is due to technical limitations of the game

all castles on all levels are the same for Bosnia, Serbia and Bulgaria.
    some were modeled to look like real castles. so level 1 looks like Vranduk castle near Zenica. others look like other castles (existing or not). but all look realistic

this is due to technical limitations of the game
    I understand now. Thank you for the explanation.

Grof's Avatar Campidoctor

Here are a couple of fortresses that I ran around as a kid. Sot sure what period they are from but they sure are old. Located in Sutomore, Montenegro.

Haj Nehaj Fortress

This one below is on top of another mountain just across the valley from the fortress above.

They arent well preserved which is really unfortunate. For some reason the government doesn't thing they are worthy even tho they can be great tourist attractions if taken care of and fixed up a little bit.

Христе Боже распети и свети, Српска земља кроз облаке лети. Лети преко небеских висина, Крила су јој Морава и Дрина.
    На три свето и на три саставно,Одлазимо на Косово равно.
    Кад је драга да одлазим чула,За ревер ми невен заденула.
    Збогом први нерођени сине, Збогом ружо, збогом рузмарине. Збогом лето, јесени и зимо. Одлазимо да их победимо.
    March 24, 1999 - June 11, 1999

Fort Golubac:

I photographed this:

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Vlad Felix View Post
    Fort Golubac:

I photographed this:

Hey Vlad have you seen what pheonix posted earlier about Golubac being repaired?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    i've found reconstruction of golubac:

also serbian goverment will invest in reconstruction of 7 fortresses on Danube
    http://www.blic.rs/Kultura/Vesti/193...vu--za-Hamleta

Bač, Petrovaradin, Smederevo, Kalemegdan, Ram, Golubac i Fetislam

here's a video of golubac, how will it look like:
    http://www.rts.rs/page/stories/sr/st...%C4%91ave.html

Христе Боже распети и свети, Српска земља кроз облаке лети. Лети преко небеских висина, Крила су јој Морава и Дрина.
    Збогом први нерођени сине, Збогом ружо, збогом рузмарине. Збогом лето, јесени и зимо. Одлазимо да их победимо.

I photographed three years ago....from Romanian side,and was no reparations.
    It's good it being repaired....Golubac is a fantastic,among the most beautiful castle in Serbia!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Vlad Felix View Post
    I photographed three years ago....from Romanian side,and was no reparations.
    It's good it being repaired....Golubac is a fantastic,among the most beautiful castle in Serbia!
    I dont think construction started yet but once its done it should look beautiful.