View Poll Results: Do you want skellies in TATW?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! The deathless tide!

32 25.60%
  • Nah, useless!

93 74.40%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Undead Hordes?

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Undead Hordes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmosis View Post
    In the books, lotr and the hobbit, werewolves were mentioned.
    Where? I only remember werewolves mentioned in the Silmarillion.

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

AFAIK werewolves were in Sauron's armies in Mirkwood. Would be great to have them really.

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    AFAIK werewolves were in Sauron's armies in Mirkwood. Would be great to have them really.
    They would be useful for the first age mod too. If only someone could make a proper model... Maybe they could be based on the skeleton of the troll-men of Harad?

A unit of riderless wargs would be great too (preferably looking like wolves though, not overgrown hyenas). For now it's easy to have the current wargs with invisible riders.

old_dude's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ellin Athinaios View Post
    They would be useful for the first age mod too.
    Yet another submod that I look forward too. Didn't Huan fight Sauron while he was in werewolf form?
    *begins wishful thinking out loud..
    Now that I think of it Huan would be a very fun unique general. But good luck modeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellin Athinaios View Post
    They (werewolves) would be useful for the first age mod too. If only someone could make a proper model... Maybe they could be based on the skeleton of the troll-men of Harad?
    As much as I love werewolves walking on two legs thrashing people with their clawed hands, but in tolkiens writings I believe werewolves were giant wolves posessed with evil spirits.

Of course, if someone makes a First Age submod/mod and "forgets" that werewolves didnt walk on two in the silmarillion, I wont complain

Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Evil Guy View Post
    And yet it doesn't, say, slip over, despite having almost no grip, and it holds itself together against gravity, since bones on their own would fall apart. That surely involves quite a bit of magic in and of itself, especially since it's happening permanently and often on numerous different skeletons. Besides, how could you knock bones out of place if they're being held in place by magic (without, say, magic of your own)? Does that mean that if a skeleton falls a couple of metres or if it gets hit by a sudden gust of wind it will fall apart? Are skeletons completely useless on mountains because a) it's cold and b) it's too windy for them?
    You have poor imagination my friend. Ok let me elaborate further.

1. No the magic to raise a skeleton is not strong, it is a minor weak spell that animates the bones and makes them move like a marionette. Now because the magic is weak and as you said often many skeletons are raised at once it just takes a strong blow with a weapon, maul, sword, mace ect... to knock or break bones out if place. Why is that so complicated to understand? Now strong magic is reincarnation, or vampire creation, those creatures are really hard to kill because they have strong necromantic magic in them.

2. The skeletons do not fall as I said they are like marionettes, and it would have to be a tornado like gust of wind to make them fall apart. Try to glue two pieces of wood together and watch if the wind separates them, same thing.

3. a) Why the does it matter if its cold??? b) I already explained above.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by ♛☧Priscilla☧♛ View Post
    Wondering - will skeletons and such ever be added to TATW? As a separate faction or a part?

Would be really awesome! What do you think peeps?
    I found your skeletons and totally got your back bra...

Call of Warhammer http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

I havent played it myself but the reviews are great... This guy ain't a skeleton, but he totaly does it for me...

WARNING: GRAPHIC THEME
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; April 30, 2010 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Edit & Grammar
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail Mengsk View Post
    The Barrow Wights are evil spirits that defiled the ancient tombs. They are bounded to them, i don't think they could "live" outside the Barrow Den's. Otherwise they should have been mentioned as spirits who haunt a much larger area, instead of only the tombs. Stories about them would have spread and then mentioned at Bree or even the Shire. IMHO.
    In LotR the Barrow Wight that got the Hobbits had quite a large catchment area and could clearly leave his barrow. The Barrow Downs were considered a very dangerous place and to be avoided because the Barrow Wights could leave their tombs, though they did not leave the area, presumably because they did not want to leave their cushty barrows. I'm sure that stories about them were mentioned in Bree and maybe the Shire too.

kaiser1993's Avatar Senator

skeletons are a bit 'elder scrolls' but i think the closest to skeletons been in tatw is by someone making the army of the dead

Fascinating stuff.

Closed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345