Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

This thread is for people to voice their opinions about elements of the mod they would personally like changed, but aren't broken. If enough people agree with you then perhaps sub mods could be established. In any event the current version is very much a personal adaptation from the view point of the developers and we would urge people (given the nature of modding) to be proactive with their own development projects.

The suggestions should be aimed at inspiring people to work on their own versions or addons for the mod, not at myself or Zenith. Version 1.1 should allow provincial campaigns to be installed as episodic content.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; April 25, 2010 at 05:36 AM.

The Spaniard's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Suggestions

A while ago, I was entertaining the thought of having the cities and towns on the campaign map look more unique to the mod. In the same sense as how EB and Hegemonia have their own custom cities for the campaign map, Aristeia could have custom ones as well.

I was thinking that Troy (on the campaign map) could look something like this:

The Achaean camps could also be made to look a little different, but this was just a quick thought and I'm just throwing it out there to see if its any good.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

It's a great idea, but unfortunately we can't do it. Editing settlements is an excessively tricky and time-consuming thing to do, and we don't have the necessary expertise. But you're welcome to learn yourself, if you like...

Oh wait, I misread the post.
    Last edited by Zenith Darksea; April 25, 2010 at 11:56 AM.

The purpose of this topic is really to have people discuss what additions or changes they would like, but are in no way aimed at us implementing them - rather that sub mods may be formed (at least that is the aim of the topic which I have tried to clarify a bit in the opening post).

i think the only thing would be a portrait patch, changing the defult greek and eastern portaits and cards to make them to the same standard of the heros. in my opinon the defult ones don't fit in with the achean/ trojan feel to the game.

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

Indefinitely Banned

There's not really very much I would like to see changed at all, though for submods I would suggest a submod that changes the heroes to having their own bodyguard unit instead of making them "elephants" for those that like their generals to have a bodyguard unit, and maybe a submod that takes all of the Greek name elements and makes them English.

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    There's not really very much I would like to see changed at all, though for submods I would suggest a submod that changes the heroes to having their own bodyguard unit instead of making them "elephants" for those that like their generals to have a bodyguard unit, and maybe a submod that takes all of the Greek name elements and makes them English.
    Personally, I think thatīs not a good idea cause Aristea team wants to show us the importance of heroes in the micenaean times and they get it !! introducing us a superman "heroe" that can beat plenty of warriors before dead.

Aristeia did a good job in this point an that should not be change

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Personally, I think thatīs not a good idea cause Aristea team wants to show us the importance of heroes in the micenaean times and they get it !! introducing us a superman "heroe" that can beat plenty of warriors before dead.

Aristeia did a good job in this point an that should not be change
    I didn't mean that they should change vanilla Aristeia it's great as is, but it seems to me that they would make worthwhile submods.

submods are a great idea but not under that premise

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    submods are a great idea but not under that premise
    To each their own I guess but I'm sure that there would be plenty of people who would agree with me. It's only minor changes that I suggest and the two ideas would be ideal submod material as all they do is tweak the already excellent Aristeia.

Giving hero units a bodyguard unit makes them much harder to kill as well no more being volleyed to death or scythed down by chariots.
    Turning most of the names and text into English would add to the immersion for many players as well.
    Last edited by TheXand; May 07, 2010 at 07:02 AM.

Aristeia Team got the last answer not me

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

Aristeia 1.1 is totaly awesome. The one thing I could suggest is possibly replacing some camps with minor Trojan towns on the beach south of the hellespont, and swapping them out for Tenedos and Colonae, and put some of the smaller armies in these cities so they can recruit minor troops like slingers and light spearmen?

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

We can't add any more island provinces. Believe it or not, but the number of island provinces was actually given a hardcoded limit by CA.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

What? How can they define an island?

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

does that count with islands that you are able to walk across the water with? (When they are so close to the shore line?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolos View Post
    does that count with islands that you are able to walk across the water with? (When they are so close to the shore line?)

No, that is why we have some land bridges because we are on the limit for individual islands.

just a little thought, perhaps, if you ask nicely the team from 300 warlords of sparta may give you the portrait cards for there units, ( classical version) to replace the defult rtw greek ones that seem out of place with this mod.

i don't know if they will or it would be appropriate to do so, they may have put their faces in the game or somthing. but its just a segestion.

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon