Thread: Aristeia v1.1 Bug Thread

Default Aristeia v1.1 Bug Thread

Before posting in this thread please do the following:-

A) Read the FAQ.

B) Ensure you are posting a bug (note that anything covered in the FAQ is not a bug)

C) Remember that the installer we make available to the public has been tested and does work. If you have difficulty installing the mod or crashes while starting a campaign this is likely caused by your own installation or something you have done wrong. Before asking for help please do the following:-

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(i) Ensure you have RTW - Alexander & Barbarian Invasion installed

(ii) Try reinstalling all of RTW, BI, Alex and the mod.

(iii) If using vista or windows 7 try running the Alex.exe as administrator

D) Do read the consolidated list of known issues below. Some of these are bugs with the original game, not the mod. Some are quirks with the game engine, and finally some may be mistakes made by the mod developers.

E) Failure to adhere to these rules will result in your post being moved to the infamous ridicule thread so as to prevent confusion to other players and the bug thread being clogged with nonsense entries.

F) Suggestions or personal preferences are not bugs, and will be moved to the suggestions thread or ridicule thread depending on my mood.

KNOWN ISSUES

1) There is an undesirable line in the middle of the battle ui.

2) There is a possible crash when exiting some battles which use reinforcements. This is a known Rome - Total War Alexander bug and can not be fixed.

3) You get the error message "cant find skeleton 'fs slinger new". This is a quirky bug which seems to affect a small number of people. If it happens to you it can be fixed by unpacking the 'pack' files. Check here.

4) If you experience a random crash which can not be reproduced, this is likely one of those mysteries of computing and ought to be ignored.

5) Crash at end of intro
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; April 26, 2010 at 04:40 AM.

Default Re: Aristeia v1.1 Bug Thread

When i start a battle all of a sudden my screen goes black and then i need to close aristeia...

Quote Originally Posted by Creezy View Post
    When i start a battle all of a sudden my screen goes black and then i need to close aristeia...

Most likely causes (presuming it is with all battles)

1) Unit shaders are not on (check your options and ensure it is ticked)

2) You computer is too old to play Aristeia.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

If you listen to the entire opening the game freezes and you have to save and load it to continue.

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

I can also confirm the same issue that ROFL is having. Happened when i tried to start a Minos campaign.
    Caledonian Campaign submod for RS2.5 CLICK HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    If you listen to the entire opening the game freezes and you have to save and load it to continue.
    i have also witnessed this with laertes. its ok if you press escape before it finishes though. if you don't the screen remains in cinema style and the control bar thing doesnt appear.

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

Not exactly a bug but I had a slight issue at first. In the preferences text document included, the resolution is set to 1920x1080. Given that I have a 1360x768 maximum resolution, my computer would just attempt to change resolution for a bit and then tell me to reinstall directx9.