Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Crash to Menu - have a look into the log (search for lines with [error]), it will be an issue with descr_strat. Your original files most likely had formatting error (which the game managed to ignore) that Geomod then converted wrongly.

Alright, it works now, thanks!

Blog Entries

Great to hear.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

I get a CTD from the loading screen. This time it's definitely in the mod I've been developing since my game is relatively new.
    Code:
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/ui/resources/resource_wool.tga (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/ui/resources/resource_wool.tga (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/ui/resources/resource_elephants.tga (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/ui/resources/resource_elephants.tga (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/ui/resources/resource_camels.tga (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/ui/resources/resource_camels.tga (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/ui/resources/resource_dogs.tga (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/ui/resources/resource_dogs.tga (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/ui/resources/resource_trade_goods.tga
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/resources/resource_trade_goods.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_strat_sundries.txt
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0E9632D8,,not found
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_strat_sundries.txt,1805
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_strat_sundries.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_strat_sundries.txt,,,-1805
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_names_lookup.txt
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0E8B7098,389860
    12:46:32.175 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/text/names.txt.strings.bin (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)
    12:46:32.217 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_names.txt (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)
    12:46:32.217 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0A10A9F8,60564
    12:46:32.217 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_names.txt (from: C:\Games\Medieval II Total War)
    12:46:32.226 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/battlefield/formation/horde.tga
    12:46:32.226 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/battlefield/formation/horde.tga,,not found
    12:46:32.226 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/battlefield/formation/horde.tga,1642736
    12:46:32.226 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/battlefield/formation/horde.tga (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    12:46:32.249 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/battlefield/formation/horde.tga,,,-1642736
    12:46:32.249 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/weather_db.xml
    12:46:32.249 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/weather_db.xml,,not found
    12:46:32.249 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_4.pack,data/weather_db.xml,136070
    12:46:32.249 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/weather_db.xml (from: packs/data_4.pack)
    12:46:32.303 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/weather_db.xml,,,-136070
    12:46:32.318 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_vegetation.txt
    12:46:32.318 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0E965330,,not found
    12:46:32.318 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_vegetation.txt,110779
    12:46:32.318 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_vegetation.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    12:46:32.318 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_vegetation.txt,,,-110779
    12:46:32.350 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/vegetation/vegetation.db
    12:46:32.350 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/vegetation/vegetation.db,,not found
    12:46:32.350 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_4.pack,data/vegetation/vegetation.db,408462
    12:46:32.350 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/vegetation/vegetation.db (from: packs/data_4.pack)
    12:46:32.366 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/vegetation/vegetation.db,,,-408462
    12:46:33.117 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Blog Entries

Did you transfer a mod to Bare Geomod or did you develop the mod from the basic installation of Bare Geomod?

If you transferred fully - did you try to save it in Geomod before doing any edit and then played it? This is the basic test to see if some formatting needs to be checked before commencing.

If you transferred partially (Geomod files only) - the mod is highly unlikely to work as there is a high interdependence between files (eg new units in EDU require a new modeldb file and unit files), Bare Geomod provides a small set of 'vanilla' files that work once edited.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Yes, I partially transferred files from a previous geomod. I think I only moved the maps though.

Does this mean I have to redo from scratch?

Foederatus

every time log says scipt error couldnt create settlement line XXX colum XXX no matter where i place the city or what region i chose,it keeps bringing me to main menu with that annoying unexplained error in the log creator,owner,character inside,ground type and heigts all fixed,not next to borders,i have no idea why

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    Yes, I partially transferred files from a previous geomod. I think I only moved the maps though.

Does this mean I have to redo from scratch?
    Only the files in the 'base' folder or is descr_strat adjusted as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Peka View Post
    every time log says scipt error couldnt create settlement line XXX colum XXX no matter where i place the city or what region i chose,it keeps bringing me to main menu with that annoying unexplained error in the log creator,owner,character inside,ground type and heigts all fixed,not next to borders,i have no idea why
    Take a deep breath and have a look into the manual how this all works. Did your original mod work before using Geomod?

Foederatus

i deleted every region and all charapters and made all factions absent,once everything is gone expect rebels and one region,i added 4 regions and 2 factions and then when i added 5th region it stopped working properly and i keept getting that error settlement cannot be placed

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Only the files in the 'base' folder or is descr_strat adjusted as well?
    The descr_strat was modified through geomod recently.

Anyways I reinstalled bare_geomod, reinserted necessary files to make it work in geomod, namely the tgas, descr_strat, descr_regions, descr_terrain and the regions string.bin. All the text files were copied text by text instead of file by file.
    This new setup got me past the loading screen(the game) but crashes when the grand campaign is selected.
    At first in looked like this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...k#post14253901

As per your instructions regarding that post here's the log
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/bo...system.log.rar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peka View Post
    i deleted every region and all charapters and made all factions absent,once everything is gone expect rebels and one region,i added 4 regions and 2 factions and then when i added 5th region it stopped working properly and i keept getting that error settlement cannot be placed
    Please compress your mod set up and upload it - I'll have a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    The descr_strat was modified through geomod recently.

Anyways I reinstalled bare_geomod, reinserted necessary files to make it work in geomod, namely the tgas, descr_strat, descr_regions, descr_terrain and the regions string.bin. All the text files were copied text by text instead of file by file.
    This new setup got me past the loading screen(the game) but crashes when the grand campaign is selected.
    At first in looked like this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...k#post14253901

As per your instructions regarding that post here's the log
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/bo...system.log.rar
    Log is not helping - please upload the compressed bare geomod folder, I'll have a look

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Foederatus

[QUOTE=Gigantus;14656290]Please compress your mod set up and upload it - I'll have a look.

Its ok i found the problem,i needed to delete all rivers,volcanos aka feuaters becose i didnt knew you had to delete them too,not just changing regions to ''sea''

Btw i heard you need to use something to make baremod faster,and fix the fact when you resize map:minimap,general potraits,sea textures are messed up

Blog Entries

Faster - in the manual this is mentioned: it's a problem with the historic_events.string.bin file - delete it before testing your changes.
    I am not aware of things being messed up - other then the mini map (obviously), that needs to be redone with a graphic editor. The sea textures (water_surface) are always the same size (256*256) but you might have to redo the lay out with a graphic editor to match the new coast lines.

Blog Entries

You could have told me that you are using the medieval and not the kingdoms version It's quite uncommon.

descr_win_conditions contains invalid regions
    there are no named characters for any faction in descr_strat
    fatal graphics error in map_features around the 340, 194 co-ordinate - generel errors: rivers have to start with a spring (white pixel) and have to end with a river pixel (blue)

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Now I can get to the grandcampaign selection. Care for round two and a half?
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/93...b35d5/data.rar

Blog Entries

Your win_conditions was still invalid, underneath the full content now:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    england
    hold_regions Moresby_Island Graham_Island 
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions Moresby_Island Graham_Island 
    take_regions 15
    outlive france scotland

france
    hold_regions Nova_Scotia 
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions Nova_Scotia 
    take_regions 20
    outlive england

hre
    hold_regions Mayapan_r Peten 
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions Mayapan_r 
    take_regions 20
    outlive denmark milan

venice
    hold_regions Peten 
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions Peten 
    take_regions 15
    outlive milan byzantium

sicily
    hold_regions Boyaca Cundinamarca 
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions Boyaca Cundinamarca 
    take_regions 15
    outlive milan venice

milan
    hold_regions Wari_r 
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions Wari_r 
    take_regions 15
    outlive venice hre

scotland
    hold_regions Tihuanaco 
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions Tihuanaco 
    take_regions 15
    outlive england

byzantium
    hold_regions Hulliche_r Moluche_r Mapuche_r Picunches 
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions Hulliche_r Moluche_r Mapuche_r Picunches 
    take_regions 15
    outlive venice

denmark
    hold_regions Iceland South_Greenland 
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions Iceland South_Greenland 
    take_regions 15

aztecs
    hold_regions Toltecs 
    take_regions 45
    short_campaign hold_regions Toltecs 
    take_regions 15

slave
    hold_regions
    take_regions 200
    short_campaign hold_regions
    take_regions 200

Your map_regions contains an invalid pixel at 357,111 (game\geomod coordinates) - replace with a neighboring region's color

After that you are left with this error (Crash to menu) from which you should be able to carry on:
    Code:
    Settlement(Uttewas) in region(Uttewas) has not been given a core building.  Any settlements above village level must have an appropriate core building!  This settlement is level 1, and should have a level 0 core building.
    08:59:22.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 57, column 1
    could not create settlement at script line 57.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Does an oversized map cause a crash?
    Last edited by yuezhi; August 20, 2015 at 11:44 PM.

Blog Entries

I would think so. 510*510 in descr_terrain is the max - I actually didn't check (nor did Geomod pick it up, I think it's not set up for it), 539 is certainly too big. You shouldn't have a problem to shave off from the top.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 20, 2015 at 11:57 PM.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Hello gigantus can I play this even if I do not planning to mod it?
    greeetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz