Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

The era entries are solely for sorting purpose in custom battle - they will not effect regular game play.

I have one question, hi it's me again, remember? Well I stopped posting in the other thread (I don't remember which one it was), because I found the solution. I was editing the vanilla M2TW files. I was a dumb-dumb XD
    But anyway, now it has been working. It stopped working after a time when I added more regions. I'm not entirely sure how it broke. What I mean by broke: When I start a new campaign, the game just loads, and then directs me back to the main menu. So anyway, I don't know what I do wrong. I essentially make sure that the new regions I add do not interfere with regions that contain characters and/or modify vanilla cities. I do everything. I validate every time I make the smallest of changes. I do the checks, nothing wrong pops up with the exception of two iron resources, which are there all the time even without modding anything.
    Basically, it works when I added the first few regions. Which were some minor ones in North America, Ireland, and the Wales part of Britain. That worked fine. Then, once I went to modify the regions the Byzantines hold, to add more, then that's where the issues begin. No issues whatsoever pop up when I do the validations and the checks. It's the usual way I had added all the other regions, no issues were there. I applied the same form of creating regions where Byzantine is, and somehow that breaks the game. Anything I should do? Anything I should show to see where it went wrong?
    By the way, bless you and props to you for still working and helping people on this mod after 8 years.

Blog Entries

Return to the menu (CTM - Crash to Menu) is in most cases an issue with the descr_strat file. And it's well documented in the log - search it from the bottom up for [error]. The first instance is the one that send you back to the menu and it has two or three lines below it pin pointing the problem.
    If you are working with the latest version of Bare Geomod or work with the original game (not a smart move) then the log is the default log in the root of the game: system.log.txt

If you have problems understanding the message then copy the lines here and I'll have a look.

Found the problems in the log.
    I had forgotten to add a core building to a settlement (whoops)
    And I didn't notice that I had drawn a border right next to an existing city, something that is advised to not do. Moved the city more inland, fixed it. The error basically read as "invalid location of 'Sofia' 0,0" (to those that don't know: that's how you know a city is put too close to a border)
    Thank you sir.

Blog Entries

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I recently installed Geomod and Bare Geomod and the tool starts up perfectly with Bare Geomod, but that's about where it stops. Whenever I attempt to move my cursor over the Geomod map image where it depicts the world and territories all colored and the like it forces my cursor into the bottom right corner of the Geomod screen. It also only depicts the western half of the vanilla map, I'm not sure if I'm just being stupid or something but I can't seem to find a way to work with it and I really want to try to create a custom mod. Any solutions?

Blog Entries

It's got to do with your text scaling in windows, we had that problem a while ago and how to fix it is a couple of pages back. Let me see if I can find it right away.

Edit: no luck but here is how to get to the relevant setting in windows 10:

Right-click any empty space on your desktop and select Display settings towards the bottom of the context menu.

Now make sure the setting is as in the pic. You may have to restart your computer for the change to take effect.

Last edited by Gigantus; October 12, 2018 at 09:27 PM.

Thank you, now I have somewhere to start looking at least. Also, just wanted to mention that it's awesome that you seem so active on these forums regarding the use of this tool, thank you for that.

One more question though, if you don't mind my asking, there's a way to modify the world map without the use of the Geomod tool, right? If so if I were to find the right files to edit would it be possible for you to tell me what those files do, I figure there's probably a lot of files that are important so I completely understand if that would be too time consuming but, for example, could you tell me what these do;
    Mods/Bare_Geomod/Data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt
    Inverness_Province
    Inverness - I'm guessing this should be the name of the province settlement?
    Scotland - The name of the faction that controls it, or should control it?
    English_Rebels - the rebels that appear when the public order is too low?
    20 25 225 - the x,y,z coordinates of the province settlement, also, on the map_regions.tga is the black dot the settlement and if it is does and I'm right about the coordinate thing is each pixel one change in number or how does it equate when changing?
    atlantic, explorers_guild
    2 - I have no idea about these last three variables; the first looks like the guild halls that can be created here? while I'd guess the last two have to do with resources?
    religions { catholic 90 orthodox 0 islam 0 pagan 5 heretic 5 } - I'm guessing the they have to add up 100 as mentioned in the geomod manual when changing religion stats

Sorry, not trying to be a burden and totally understand if I'm asking too much with this last slew of question - or if it's just confusing as I'm sure I didn't understandably word this, but I'm just really interested in attempting to create my own mod. Thanks again!

Blog Entries

To get a basic understanding of the interaction of files connected to mapping go through this tutorial. A detailed guide regarding the descr_regions file is here. The link in my signature will lead you to my tutorial collection which is mostly mapping related.

Thank you again Gigantus, also Geomod is working now - turned the Display from 125 to 100 - thanks again.

Blog Entries

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

gig I assume this fix is not included in you mod?
    since it is not necessary for geomod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4093
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Blog Entries

The model wasn't implemented so it didn't make it into my 'fixes' list. It is now included in the latest version:

UPDATE

2.1.02 - kingdoms only
    - Provided uninstaller
    - Added meloo182's assassin model

Last edited by Gigantus; December 03, 2018 at 03:43 AM.

Hi Gigantus

First of all, thank you for creating Geomod. The fact that it allows me to play the Med2 Grand Campaign on Windows 10 without resorting to Steam is a huge factor in my (finally and belatedly) bidding adieu to Med1.

My question: does Geomod address the 'two-handed' bug?

('Fraid I haven't read through all 32 pages of this thread, so apologies if you have dealt with this issue already. But I have encountered so many conversations about this "bug" - some people deny it is a bug - that I am curious to know what your approach has been in Geomod.)

Thanks and best regards
    VictorGB
    Last edited by VictorGB; December 03, 2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Minor re format

Blog Entries

No, it doesn't address the 2H bug.

Blog Entries

Update

2.1.03 - kingdoms only
    - Removed uninstaller again (does not remove custom files like saves)
    - Sorted out the wall conundrum

It appears the settings in descr_wall needed supporting entries from descr_campaign_db (kingdoms version)

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

Goodness, this is an embarrassing question to ask, but will this create a new mod folder?

I've gotten a new PC (Win 10), and I want to return to modding again. My problem is that I forgot everything including setting up.
    On a related note, how can I launch the mod? M2TW and Kingdoms is now "Total War: MEDIEVAL II - Definitive Edition". My old PC uses the good old .bat file solution based on Kingdoms when they were still separate, but how should I go about launching my mod now? (I know the answer would be in this thread, but I can't figure it out)

Blog Entries

It creates a separate mod folder (the prime purpose is to create a basic modding folder )
    It's Steam compatible - no need to do the ritual copy\rename dance of the executable (that tutorial also has a link to an installer that does it for you)

Click yourself through the Bare Geomod installation, use the desktop short cut to run it.
    Download and run the rename installer to make all future mods steam compatible
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 17, 2019 at 08:48 PM.

Hello, me again. Now.. My new problem. My game keeps crashing on AI turns. It doesn't always happen, it's like a Russian roulette every time. It either crashes on rebels, or it crashes on an existing faction. It only happens on the modded Geomod folder, the vanilla game with the kingdoms expansion do not crash. Sometimes the game goes through about 50-60 turns without crashing, and sometimes on the 10th-20th turn. Once it starts crashing at first, then it crashes over and over and over the more turns pass by.

Here's the last few lines of the log:

Code:
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_cultures.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_diplomacy.xml
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,,not found
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,18453
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_diplomacy.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,,,18453
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_faction_standing.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_faction_standing.txt,48025
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_faction_standing.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,,,-18453
    18:29:00.018 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_missions.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_missions.txt,46150
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_missions.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,,not found
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,6553
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,,,6553
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_ship.txt
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_ship.txt,,not found
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_ship.txt,1478
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_ship.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,,,-6553
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_ship.txt,,,1478
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_sm_resources.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_sm_resources.txt,3886
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_sm_resources.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_ship.txt,,,-1478
    18:29:00.019 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.020 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt,164474
    18:29:00.020 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.020 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.020 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt,455881
    18:29:00.020 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.020 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.020 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt,274393
    18:29:00.021 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.021 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_guilds.txt
    18:29:00.021 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,,not found
    18:29:00.021 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,45052
    18:29:00.021 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/export_descr_guilds.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.021 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,,,45052
    18:29:00.021 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,,,-45052
    18:29:00.021 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1860AB08,1762507
    18:29:00.021 [system.io] [info] open:   found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.025 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Battle_General_Took_Hits> fired
    18:29:00.025 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <soothsayer_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.025 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <soothsayer> not added - chance 3, random 97
    18:29:00.025 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Battle_General_Took_Hits> fired
    18:29:00.025 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <admiral1> fired
    18:29:00.052 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0068_T_Battle_Engagement> fired
    18:29:00.052 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT from transgressor faction 29659C92 against faction 29656D2A
    18:29:00.052 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting
    18:29:00.052 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,,not found
    18:29:00.052 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,,not found
    18:29:00.052 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,185
    18:29:00.052 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.052 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,,,-185
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,,not found
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,,not found
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,185
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,,,-185
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,,not found
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,,not found
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,185
    18:29:00.053 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.054 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    18:29:00.054 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    18:29:00.054 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,,,-185
    18:29:00.054 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0106_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    18:29:00.054 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    18:29:00.054 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 29659C92 against faction 29656D2A
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml,,not found
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml,73965
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml,,,73965
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_campaign_db.xml
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_campaign_db.xml,,not found
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_campaign_db.xml,8924
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_campaign_db.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml,,,-73965
    18:29:00.122 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_campaign_db.xml,,,8924
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_character.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_character.txt,24747
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_character.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_campaign_db.xml,,,-8924
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_cultures.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_cultures.txt,20032
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_cultures.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_diplomacy.xml
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,,not found
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,18453
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_diplomacy.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,,,18453
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_faction_standing.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_faction_standing.txt,48025
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_faction_standing.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.123 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,,,-18453
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_missions.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_missions.txt,46150
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_missions.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,,not found
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,6553
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,,,6553
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_ship.txt
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_ship.txt,,not found
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_ship.txt,1478
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_ship.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,,,-6553
    18:29:00.124 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_ship.txt,,,1478
    18:29:00.125 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_sm_resources.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.125 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_sm_resources.txt,3886
    18:29:00.125 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_sm_resources.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.125 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_ship.txt,,,-1478
    18:29:00.125 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.125 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt,164474
    18:29:00.125 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.125 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.125 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt,455881
    18:29:00.125 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.126 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.126 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt,274393
    18:29:00.126 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.126 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_guilds.txt
    18:29:00.126 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,,not found
    18:29:00.126 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,45052
    18:29:00.126 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/export_descr_guilds.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.126 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,,,45052
    18:29:00.126 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,,,-45052
    18:29:00.126 [system.io] [trace] file open,,27D44070,1761860
    18:29:00.127 [system.io] [info] open:   found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.130 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Battle_General_Took_Hits> fired
    18:29:00.130 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle3Dread_PickingOnWeak> fired
    18:29:00.130 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/ui/captain banners/dead/captain_card_france.tga
    18:29:00.136 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0068_T_Battle_Engagement> fired
    18:29:00.136 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT from transgressor faction 29659C92 against faction 2963A85E
    18:29:00.136 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/afternoon_cloudy.lighting
    18:29:00.136 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/afternoon_cloudy.lighting,,not found
    18:29:00.136 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_cloudy.lighting,,not found
    18:29:00.136 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_cloudy.lighting,189
    18:29:00.136 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/afternoon_cloudy.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.136 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_afternoon_cloudy.texture
    18:29:00.136 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_afternoon_cloudy.texture
    18:29:00.136 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/afternoon_cloudy.lighting,,,-189
    18:29:00.136 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0106_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    18:29:00.136 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    18:29:00.136 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 29659C92 against faction 2963A85E
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml,,not found
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml,73965
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml,,,73965
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_campaign_db.xml
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_campaign_db.xml,,not found
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_campaign_db.xml,8924
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_campaign_db.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml,,,-73965
    18:29:00.210 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_campaign_db.xml,,,8924
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_character.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_character.txt,24747
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_character.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_campaign_db.xml,,,-8924
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_cultures.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_cultures.txt,20032
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_cultures.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_diplomacy.xml
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,,not found
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,18453
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_diplomacy.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,,,18453
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_faction_standing.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_faction_standing.txt,48025
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_faction_standing.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.211 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_diplomacy.xml,,,-18453
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_missions.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_missions.txt,46150
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_missions.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,,not found
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,6553
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,,,6553
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_ship.txt
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/descr_ship.txt,,not found
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_ship.txt,1478
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/descr_ship.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,,,-6553
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/descr_ship.txt,,,1478
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_sm_resources.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_sm_resources.txt,3886
    18:29:00.212 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_sm_resources.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.213 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_ship.txt,,,-1478
    18:29:00.213 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.213 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt,164474
    18:29:00.213 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.213 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.213 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt,455881
    18:29:00.213 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt,274393
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/export_descr_guilds.txt
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,,not found
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,45052
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/export_descr_guilds.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,,,45052
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/export_descr_guilds.txt,,,-45052
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [trace] file open,,18E58D00,1760157
    18:29:00.214 [system.io] [info] open:   found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:29:00.218 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Battle_General_Took_Hits> fired
    18:29:00.218 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <soothsayer_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.218 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <soothsayer> not added - chance 3, random 3 - but could not be received
    18:29:00.218 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Battle_General_Took_Hits> fired
    18:29:00.317 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    18:29:00.317 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_academic_free_settlement> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <harsh_lifestyle1> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating11> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating22> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating26> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating34> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <astrologer_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <astrologer> not added - chance 5, random 39
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <biographer_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <biographer> not added - chance 5, random 35
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_academic_free_settlement> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <astrologer_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <astrologer> not added - chance 5, random 79
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_town_with_no_justice> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_academic_free_settlement> fired
    18:29:00.318 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <undersiege> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating34> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating46> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <astrologer_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <astrologer> not added - chance 5, random 15
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_town_with_no_justice> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_academic_free_settlement> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <harsh_lifestyle1> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating11> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating26> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating46> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <astrologer_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <astrologer> not added - chance 5, random 77
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_camp_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_town_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_academic_free_settlement> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating4> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating11> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating26> fired
    18:29:00.319 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <astrologer> not added - chance 5, random 64
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_academic_free_settlement> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <harsh_lifestyle1> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating11> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating22> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating26> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating34> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <astrologer_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <astrologer> added - chance 5, random 3
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_academic_free_settlement> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <astrologer_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <astrologer> not added - chance 5, random 96
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_camp_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating11> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating17> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating34> fired
    18:29:00.320 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating41> fired
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating11> fired
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating22> fired
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating26> fired
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating34> fired
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <astrologer_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <astrologer> not added - chance 5, random 84
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <harsh_lifestyle1> fired
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <magician_pagan_vnv_trigger> fired
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_academic_free_settlement> fired
    18:29:00.321 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <harsh_lifestyle1> fired
    18:29:00.321 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Blog Entries

That will be a general game problem, not specific to Bare Geomod. If you have modified some files please let us have the details and extent of what you have modded, by the looks of the log it looks like it might be trait trigger related.

In the 1648 mod we commented out a number of triggers which reduced the crash rate, underneath the list. Simply locate those triggers in the export_descr_character_traits file and then place a semi-colon in front of each line of that trigger.
    Code:
    ; agents23
    ; agents24
    ; governing6
    ; harsh_lifestyle1
    ; sitting_around_town_with_orthodoxchurch
    ; selfperpetuating26
    ; sitting_around_camp_vnv_trigger
    Example:
    Code:
    ;Trigger agents23
    ;    WhenToTest RefuseBribe