Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: [AUI] Alternate Ui's v1.20 "GOLD EDITION" // compatible with TATW2.1 and FROME2.0 // Preview of new UI's at the end of page 66

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [AUI] Alternate Ui's Project

@IVIarkI2I: Ha! He found me!!
    Don't worry boss, i am still working for Patria Libera
    Just wanted to do these TATW ui's for monthes now

@Beorn of Carrock: thanks for the compliment mate
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    @IVIarkI2I: Ha! He found me!!
    Don't worry boss, i am still working for Patria Libera
    Just wanted to do these TATW ui's for monthes now
    no worries full support here good luck , like isenguard ideas, Ive done dwarfes ui for TATW so good luck with improving it

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Patrician Citizen

Thanks, i will need this luck
    Ok i need to go back on my Ui's now
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Wow! These look great cedric! You are really good at this.

+rep!

Edit: Dang it! I have to spread it around first.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks my friend

nice work matey , will rep as soon as im able
    Son of the now supersilly walking MasterBigAb/戦国無双

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Thanks mate

Answer is no (yeah sadly), but i plan to make a launcher as i did for Call of Warhammer

This way you can have 1 culture = 1 ui.
    This works very smoothly, but requires a small human action

I explain everything in this thread: EFI for Call of Warhammer

EDIT: here's an extract for the lazy
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

HOW IT WORKS ?:
    Launch the EFI.bat instead of Warhammer.bat, then select a group of factions you want to play, then select the faction itself. The menu will copy the necessary files to get the interface corresponding to your choice then it will automatically launch COWH. You can also launch COWH directly from here So if you don't want to change the factions interface, then you can launch COWH directly without making any change, from EFI.bat

From this menu you can also get all the interfaces in just one move (see below)

HOW IT WORKS IN DETAILS:

Here is the main menu:

Now if you press (6) it will install all default files in all the right folders and backup the vanilla files
    (defaults -> elves = high elves, chaos = generic chaos, empire = generic empire, goblinoids = orcs, kislev = kislev and dwarves = dwarves)

If you press (7), the vanilla files are restored --->

E.g. if you select Elves for example, you can easily change High Elves into Dark Elves

One of the sub-menues:

And so on.
    That's actually really interesting and could be used for other ui elements like portraits and event pics, maybe we could work something out together, Isengard for one could really use their own uruk hai portraits.
    Thanks guys.

I agree 100% that in CoWh the ui's are a bit too overloaded (as a defense i was a starter ui maker and well... i was happy to just put the more details in as possible ), also the Warhammer universe is a bit blinky too, just look at the units. Well i am not going to advocate CoWh's stuff here, but i plan to do something much more classic here. Very clear look no overload.

Maybe one day i will remake the CoWh ui's the same way (by removing a bit some details), thanks for noticing this
    Exactly, the warhammer universe is kind of overloaded so I guess it works but for lotr some refinement is needed, so I'm glad to hear that you'll try a more conservative style.

Portraits would be limited to scripting only, AFAIK, otherwise, you'd get Orcs of Mordor appearing as Uruks. The switcher works only because you don't actually see the other factions UI while playing as your own.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Patrician Citizen

@Burny: thanks buddy.

@Louis Lux: In Call of Warhammer, some factions have event pictures specific to them, this was very handy since high elves & dark elves are like the moon and the sun. We can basically copy all the needed files for someone to play the faction he chose. He you want to play another faction, you need to quit the game though and relaunch the game by chosing the right faction in the launcher, this is not a big issue, considering you normally don' t start a new campaign every 5 minuts.

@Vaz: you are right, but we can still copy the necessary portraits too if needed. In fact we can even copy text files and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    That's actually really interesting and could be used for other ui elements like portraits and event pics, maybe we could work something out together, Isengard for one could really use their own uruk hai portraits.
    Exactly, the warhammer universe is kind of overloaded so I guess it works but for lotr some refinement is needed, so I'm glad to hear that you'll try a more conservative style.
    Well there is a problem there. While changing the event pictures and UI's is not a problem, if you change portraits and click on a Goblin or Mordor general you will get a Uruk-hai portrait, which in my opinion will up the gaming experience a bit.

Patrician Citizen

Well that's true.
    But if i remember in Call of Warhammer they have fixed this problem and each faction get specific portraits (without copying files from any launcher); i think it is simply to define the ranges or folders of portraits for each faction. For example, high elves and dark elves share the same culture so the same interface yet each elven faction get its own portraits.

Well that's true.
    But if i remember in Call of Warhammer they have fixed this problem and each faction get specific portraits (without copying files from any launcher); i think it is simply to define the ranges or folders of portraits for each faction. For example, high elves and dark elves share the same culture so the same interface yet each elven faction get its own portraits.
    That only works for generals that are there when the game begins, that's why the Nazgul and the main characters have unique portraits. Sadly it dosen't work with generals that emerge later through adoption, coming of age, promotion, ect...

Patrician Citizen

In Call of Warhammer they did it i am sure. When i play dark elves for example, my adopted / comong of age etc generals are all dark elves portraits, yet all high elves generals i encountered (and there were many) all had high elves portraits. So this must be possible, tho i don't know how. But this is a littl out of topic, since this submod only propose new UI's for now (and maybe some event pics if LouisLux team with me).

Good work, they look fantastic!

Rep+

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

I agree 100% that in CoWh the ui's are a bit too overloaded (as a defense i was a starter ui maker and well... i was happy to just put the more details in as possible ), also the Warhammer universe is a bit blinky too, just look at the units. Well i am not going to advocate CoWh's stuff here, but i plan to do something much more classic here. Very clear look no overload.

Maybe one day i will remake the CoWh ui's the same way (by removing a bit some details), thanks for noticing this
    I'm glad to read that. You have all my attention then.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks guys, i will try not to disappoint you. This time i am focusing on quality as well, with all the right mouseover etc.

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

WOW ced the icons looks awsome!
    relly like the icons of the unit
    +rep Edit: whan i can....
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

Patrician Citizen

Thanks mate, i have nearly finished the ui, preview soon

Patrician Citizen

Isengard Preview:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

For those already wanting to test it in game, first backup the files under Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\ui\eastern_european\interface folder, then extract this file into your Medieval II Total War directory.

Isengard_100.rar

Note: as those files are shared by OotMm and Mordor, if you wanna play one of those 2 factions, just copy back the backuped files
    Last edited by cedric37; April 29, 2010 at 03:14 PM.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [AUI] Alternate Ui's Project (Isengard RELEASED - update 25/04)

Wow! belissima! can't wait till you do High Elves! That would be a great addition to the lore mod! Together with my voices and Aikanar's scripts, HE would be the mmost immersive and unique faction in the whole of mod history!