Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Irish?

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

Default No Irish?

I did a search and couldn't find anything, so if I missed the thread please send me the link.

Anyway, Why are the Irish not in RC/RR?

I'm guessing it has to do with opening another faction slot, but who for? I haven't noticed anyone different in any of the campaigns (early, late, 1450). What am I missing here?
    If you like the picture of my woman, GIVE ME REP!!!!

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: No Irish?

Chyeaaaa111,

Ireland has been removed from 6.2 RR/RC, as it was considered that there were too many factions in the British Isles. There inclusion was a leftover of Britannia Kingdoms campaign. Also the Templars & KOJ have been merged into the Crusader States. Ireland were replaced by the Timurids who arrive in the Late Campaign.

Also the faction slots will free up spaces for faction imports from Broken Crescent, probably Georgia

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

The Timurids were brought back as an emergent faction

EDIT: Beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Chyeaaaa111,

Ireland has been removed from 6.2 RR/RC, as it was considered that there were too many factions in the British Isles. There inclusion was a leftover of Britannia Kingdoms campaign. Also the Templars & KOJ have been merged into the Crusader States. Ireland were replaced by the Timurids who arrive in the Late Campaign.

Also the faction slots will free up spaces for faction imports from Broken Crescent, probably Georgia
    Thank you very much for the quick response.

Do the Timurids only emerge in the late campaign? In other words, do they emerge in the early campaign? And that makes sense. Georgia would make far more sense considering the lack of nations in those regions of the map.
    Last edited by Chyeaaaa111; April 23, 2010 at 05:35 AM.

They come after the Mongols in the Late Campaign, start stealing land back from the Mongols that they took off K-Shah. I believe that the Timurids Units are clones of the Mongols, but I may be corrected on this one

On a completely different subject - I am currently playing a 1450s campaign as the Roman Empire (w/ BYGIV E, which is the hardest campaign ever) and I was wondering why the Mongols only have their starting position that they also have in the late campaign. Correct me if I'm wrong, but by 1279 they had already pushed into Poland. I know by the 1290s they started to lose land, but in the 1450 their empire was still larger then the campaign map gives them credit for (they still held all the lands of the Cuman Khanate and Novgorod and Muscovy were their vassals).

Since the Timurids took the Mongol land in the Middle East in the 14th and 15th century, why don't they own what is currently the Khwarazm empire? In fact, the Shahdom had already been out of commission for some time. Any reason for the inaccurate campaign map?

They have elephants too.

The Timurids emerge in the early as well approximately the same date as in the late, if not exactly.

The reason the mongols don't have more land is because they'd probably become too much of a powerhouse or the A.I simply wouldn't be able to handle having so much.

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    They have elephants too.

The Timurids emerge in the early as well approximately the same date as in the late, if not exactly.

The reason the mongols don't have more land is because they'd probably become too much of a powerhouse or the A.I simply wouldn't be able to handle having so much.
    Thank you very much for the answers about the Timurids and their inclusion in the Early campaign. +Rep

As far as the 1450 campaign, shouldn't the mongols at least replace the Cumans and hold all their land? And Novgorod would be their vassal?

And shouldn't the Timurids replace the current lands of the K-Shah and the Mongols?

That would make sense to me, and the AI could definately handle it as it is only replacing factions. It would also make far more sense historically speaking.

I'm not sure who made the 1450 campaign, but I'd love to recommend these few simple changes to them if possible.

RR/RC: No Irish need apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    How about we define the rights that allow a government to say that isn't within my freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Chyeaaaa111 View Post
    Since the Timurids took the Mongol land in the Middle East in the 14th and 15th century, why don't they own what is currently the Khwarazm empire? In fact, the Shahdom had already been out of commission for some time. Any reason for the inaccurate campaign map?
    Actually, the answer for this I'm pretty sure is that PB designed the 1450 campaign more as a playground than an accurate campaign. He's mentioned before it's just for people who want to play with all the neat gunpowder units. He'll likely be putting back in his 1370 campaign in the next big release, which will hopefully have accurate Mongolian land-holdings.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Actually, the answer for this I'm pretty sure is that PB designed the 1450 campaign more as a playground than an accurate campaign. He's mentioned before it's just for people who want to play with all the neat gunpowder units. He'll likely be putting back in his 1370 campaign in the next big release, which will hopefully have accurate Mongolian land-holdings.
    Ahh, thank you for the very useful answer. Plus rep+

I honestly picked the 1450 campaign because playing as the Roman Empire appears to be the most difficult campaign I have ever imagined. Every turn you have 1-3 gold chevron stacks being thrown against Constantinople. Only campaign I can say I've truly thought I was going to lose.

What would make it perfect would be correct placement of Mongols and Timurids. In fact, I believe every other faction is already well placed.

1370 campaign will be historically accurate and have playable Timurids, Ilkhans Jalayrids, Vladimir, Sweden, maybe Burgundy, Golden Horde, Ottomans.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    1370 campaign will be historically accurate and have playable Timurids, Ilkhans Jalayrids, Vladimir, Sweden, maybe Burgundy, Golden Horde, Ottomans.
    Awesome! Great work as always PB!! As usual for you, plus rep +

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

I can not wait for the additional factions, I already have a hard time choosing, more is better!

Quote Originally Posted by Chyeaaaa111 View Post
    Awesome! Great work as always PB!! As usual for you, plus rep +
    Well it will take a while.

Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror

OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour

Well it will take a while.

OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    Point Blank,

Lets hope no Irishmen, reads your post, he be sending some Leprechauns to mess with your laptop!

Top of the Day to you

Yeah I knew the risks when I wrote that!

They didn't have potatoes.
    So they didn't even have anything good to munch on in those bogs

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Siged...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    RR/RC: No Irish need apply.
    Lmao, this thread is full of win. Those are sigworthy haha. God forbid EireEmerald should see them though!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast