Thread: Deformed Units

Default Deformed Units

Ok my first few installs of the game, there was no such problem but ever since one particular install some of my units have turned up like this. Its mainly generals and legionnaires which turn out like this. I assume it is some sort of corrupted file as it is only recently. It happens on both vanilla and rtr. Here is a screenshot to show what I mean. Does anybody have any suggestions?

http://www.worldofchaos.co.uk/images...ed general.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nechra
    Ok my first few installs of the game, there was no such problem but ever since one particular install some of my units have turned up like this. Its mainly generals and legionnaires which turn out like this. I assume it is some sort of corrupted file as it is only recently. It happens on both vanilla and rtr. Here is a screenshot to show what I mean. Does anybody have any suggestions?

http://www.worldofchaos.co.uk/images...ed general.jpg
    Deinstall, delete the whole RTW folder and reinstall.
    Should work.

Nope didn't work. Any other suggestions?

in your installation folder is a folder called preferences and in this folder is a preferences.txt open it and set by unit shaders TRUE done

yep unit shaders are on TRUE and the problem still occurs.

you have a corrupted install. the units are using the wrong 3 models.
    Did you delete the leftover files from the activision directory after you uninstalled the game?

Yes I'm pretty certain I deleted all the files left over, should I try an uninstall and remove all the files left in the activision folder?

when you uninstalled did you search for/delete any of the registry entries, there tends to be a number of abou 15 or so (without mods) left behind that can either a) prevent installation of 1.2 patch or b) corrupt your install.

What exactly do you mean by registry entries? Do you mean in the regedit?

It's possible that you may be barking up the wrong tree. Try completely uninstalling you graphic card drivers and reinstalling the latest version. Also make sure you g-card is not overheating.

My graphics drivers corrupted and needed reinstalling when I played GTA- San Andreas. Carl didn't half look like a bent outta shape paper clip. :/ I shoulda taken a screen shot in hind-sight.

Are you using an X300 series graphics card?

Default Re: Deformed Units

I'm having a similar graphics problem with Rome Total War and BI. The units are the correct shape but do not have any graphics or textures on them, they are just one colour models. I have a Radeon x300 SE graphics card. My other games work fabulously, but I'm not having any luck with these two!