Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.1 version

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.0 version

in the crusades campaing the banner of the generals of the Despotate of epirus and the empire of Nicea are contrary, the generals of the despotate have the roman cross as their banner. and they also have no texture.

and in the Renascence campaign the eastern Roman empire has no family tree.

Edit5: If you don't mind, as I come across bugs, glitches, or other problems I'll just add them to this post.
    Everything here is for the 1547 Campaign.
    Italics: Original bit being expanded on by underlined portion
    Underlined: New bit expanding on original content italicized
    Bold: Newest
    CTD, 1547 Campaign, in Grand Campaign Faction-choice screen. Clicked on Ottoman Empire to read description but it crashed automatically. This was right after I installed the mod (though not on a freshly installed Kingdoms...TheraV3 and For King or Country were already installed). -- I no longer have access to the error report and have started a new campaign from a fresh reinstall of the mod. Sadly, I noticed that requirement, error log, too late to help with resolving this.
    Also, the title screen for the game (on the menu where the Single Player, Continue Campaign, Options etc. are) it shows the new menu background with the asian-looking soldier but the title itself still reads Medieval 2 Total War for me. Just pointing it out in case this wasn't intended. (oh and the loading screen was new too...as far as I can remember from the last version...so I figured maybe you meant to change the title itself to "Eras Total Conquest Mod", or some such, too).
    Edit:
    I also did not edit any of the conquest files...yet! I like to make a super samurai unit with the bare minimum amount of men by editing the 2h-samurai unit and beefing up the attack, defense, and 5 hitpoints. (if only I could make a single samurai within a unit! I'd name it Zatoichi or Miyamoto Musashi and give him 200 hitpoints!...I love those old samurai flicks!)
    Thanks for the 2.0 version. It is practically painless to set up the mod now! (though I still, most likely, will not be using the other campaigns!)
    Edit2:
    Last thing; In the custom battle faction-choice screen, 1547 campaign again, the banners/icons on the right (the area in which all the factions are arranged) the icons are correct...but on the left side of the screen (the florins and teams side) the icons shown are that of the vanilla flavor. For example, when I click the Japanese on the right it will show denmarks vanilla icon on the left. It's nothing detrimental but it is a little confusing.

Edit3+4:

Visual Problems:
    Edit6: Yari Ashigura hold billhooks, not Yari (spears). It looks silly (the teppou and musket ashigaru look fantastic though...but I wonder if they're wearing accurate uniforms. They look exactly like the Imperial soldiers from 'The Last Samurai'...which took place much later than the game does. This doesn't bother me, though, and regardless, I wouldn't know what 15th-16th century Japanese musket units looked like anyway). The description of abilities on the opened up unit card (Yari Ashigura) says that these units have very long spears. -- After playing and watching closely, the fighting animation just looks different from yari samurai. there was an annoying side effect to putting long_pike into the edu entry for yari ashigura: theyd have invisible extensions (that would hurt and obstruct enemies) on the end of their very short yari. I replaced the long_pikie attribute with short_pike and it doesn't have this problem anymore.
    I hope you don't mind my editing the EDU. I try to maintain the balance already there.
    (I can only add hit points by taking away a proportional amount of men from the unit. In this incarnation of my Japanese conquest I replaced the samurai unit with a samurai unit who can launch a couple volleys before engaging in combat. I switched the soldier model to samurai archers and the armor ug models use the samurai archers model for both original and upgraded armor. Also I changed armored swordsmen to mongol infantry in the dictionary part of the entry.
    It inherited the sword stats of the original samurai as their secondary weapon: I copy and pasted the pri weapon to sec weapon on the samurai entry. For the bow attack-before-charge, like roman legionaires/parthian bodyguards from RTW; I copy and pasted the bow from samurai archers to samurai and edited after...I added the 'prec' attribute, decreased range to 60, decreased ammo to 4, and decreased the damage/attack rating to 3.
    I also increased the charge distance to 15: after testing, this was a good combination with the 60 range so that after the samurai unit fires its shot before charge, in a meeting engagement; two units advancing on each other, it still has enough space to start running a charge into the enemy.) After thorough testing, my edited samurai unit with their bow attack come about equal to a chinese infantry unit...they stay about equal in numbers until my unit routes first, but they manage to route chinese pikes after they get two volleys off before engaging in the conventional fight.
    (I didn't add or take away from it's melee attack or defense stats, and didn't add hp or morale etc...all stats, except mentioned above, kept the original samurai stats.) It's a bummer that they don't have the flags on their backs anymore, but I think it's a worthy trade-off.
    it's all for personal use (you know...I'm not releasing my own mod with this)

The Yumitori have samurai battle-armor on...will they look like they do on their unit card in the final version?(they look fine now, but I wonder if you could use this battle armor skin for an elite archer unit and the unit card design for the normal Yumitori).
    Samurai Cavalry and Yari Cavalry have two different models, on the battlefield, depending on how close you are to them. When you are zoomed out, the samurai and yari cavalry have flags on their backs like the normal foot samurai and yari samurai. When zooming in, the flags disappear. Again, like everything else I've submitted, this is not a big problem at all. -- This is related to the Ashigura's zoom/model problem. Upon closer inspection, it is not flags I'm seeing but the cavalrymen standing on their mounts. When zoomed in they switch to sitting.
    Edit6: Apparently I'm seeing the 2d model standing and the 3d model correctly sitting. Same with the ashigura with this problem while dead: when zoomed in, the correct 3d laying model is used but the 2d standing model is used. I hope this helps. Edit7: Samurai Archer unit has this problem too; it will have a 2d standing animation when dead and a 3d laying animation when zoomed in. It is also half-invisible when zoomed out. (it looks really weird)

Yari Ashigura, in custom battles, do not have death animations when zoomed out...at least not when they've been shot by muskets. When zoomed out, the dead Ashigura are all standing in place rather than laying on the ground (Zombie Ashigura?), but when you zoom in...the close ashigura switch to the fallen position and then back to the standing when you zoom back out. This, more than any of the other problems stated, is detrimental as it creates, when zoomed out, what looks like highly disorganized units (tricking me into trying to click them and reform them, when there are actually only dead soldiers.)

Balance Issue:
    Faction Leaders all over the world start dying early on...developing assassins are way too easy. There may be a connection here. It's 1550 and I have an assassin with full agent's skill...perhaps you could either reduce the amount of ancillaries and/or traits adding to agent skill, or add more Personal Security ancillaries and/or traits for faction leaders.
    Yumitori(Japanese foot archers) seem to have an obscene range. I don't believe the Japanese strove for the incredible range, but rather accuracy. Perhaps they could use a more accurate projectile at a slightly closer range (personally I'd prefer a range lower than English longbowmen and Mongolian foot archers). -- After playing several custom battles against Japan, Yumitori range don't seem so obscene, but the strategy that the AI uses in the skirmish phase of battles is ridiculous. It will, even with far superior range and numbers, run to well within the range of your own archers before firing. So....this may be an AI problem, and seeing as I don't know the first thing about modifying AI...I can't offer any constructive criticism here. Edit7: I was going to delete this but I'll leave it in case the guy who does the AI for you can sort it out along with the pike's about-face problem.
    All of the Ashigura could also use some kind of battlefield movement speed boost (they are "lightfoot" after all), and possibly better stamina.
    The women of my Shogunate seem to only birth females. (It's only 1553, so it might change...who knows.) As far as I can remember, this isn't consistent with the last release of Eras: Total Conquest Mod, V1.5.This problem is persisting into my third japanese campaign of this install of the mod(I remade the No-Dachi unit I had used in a previous V1.5 campaign several months back, but decided against it and to go with my new idea to spice up the gameplay: samurai+bow. So that in this 2.0 release I've gone about 25-40 turns into the campaign, three times. No male offspring! Or the male offspring look exactly like girls!
    Edit7: A peculiar thing happens with pikemen (tested with two pike units attacking eachother), one unit will attack normally but the other unit will do an about-face and put their backs to the enemy theyre currently engaged with; so that one unit is getting massacred while moving BACKWARD into the enemy and the other unit is completely destroying the bugged unit. I first saw this against the chinese: they'd march their pikes forward and I'd send in my no-dachi(2h sword), naturally, and to my surprise my cavalry flanking attack ran straight into the front of pikes when trying to hammer+anvil this unit. Again, like all other things mentioned here, I don't know what is going on to cause this.(note that in the testing, with the two pike units, there was no cavalry flank attack...the pike units will do this on their own initiative and un-influenced by nearby units)
    Last edited by ekolu1986; June 25, 2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Additions

Empire campaign, missing texture.
    12:33:06.999 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/samurai/textures/samurai_infantry_body_norm.texture is missing

Edit: missing mesh
    15:58:22.638 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/pavise_spearmen_ug1_lod0.mesh is missing
    Last edited by Mango; June 24, 2010 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I'll fix all of these problems in the next patch.
    Ooo, almost forgot. The Mongol Bodyguards do not seem to be able to fire or skirmish even though they have the option to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    started 1080 with Croatia and family members have no names =/
    Their names weren't added to the descr_names files so M2TW couldn't find them. I'll fix it in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    i had a crash when playing as the Eastern Roman Empire in the new age campaign here is the sistem log.
    I checked the error log and I'm not sure why it crashed. The last thing was a trigger that occurred when the faction leader ordered a diplomatic mission, but this trigger occurred several time in the error log so it may be related to the crash but isn't the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    in the crusades campaing the banner of the generals of the Despotate of epirus and the empire of Nicea are contrary, the generals of the despotate have the roman cross as their banner. and they also have no texture.

and in the Renascence campaign the eastern Roman empire has no family tree.
    The Despotate of Epirus and the Empire of Nicea were originally part of the Eastern Roman Empire but when Constantinople was captured during the Fourth Crusade the Empire broke into several parts. This is why they both have the same banners.

I've fixed the missing textures and the Renaissance error.

Quote Originally Posted by ekolu1986 View Post
    Last thing; In the custom battle faction-choice screen, 1547 campaign again, the banners/icons on the right (the area in which all the factions are arranged) the icons are correct...but on the left side of the screen (the florins and teams side) the icons shown are that of the vanilla flavor. For example, when I click the Japanese on the right it will show denmarks vanilla icon on the left. It's nothing detrimental but it is a little confusing.
    This is because the small versions of the faction icons aren't changed for each campaign. The reason for this is that when I first started modding I couldn't get the custom battles to work so I didn't need to make these icons. Though the custom battles now work I never got around to making new icons.

Yari Ashigura hold billhooks, not Yari (spears). It looks silly (the teppou and musket ashigaru look fantastic though...but I wonder if they're wearing accurate uniforms. They look exactly like the Imperial soldiers from 'The Last Samurai'...which took place much later than the game does. This doesn't bother me, though, and regardless, I wouldn't know what 15th-16th century Japanese musket units looked like anyway). The description of abilities on the opened up unit card (Yari Ashigura) says that these units have very long spears. -- After playing and watching closely, the fighting animation just looks different from yari samurai. there was an annoying side effect to putting long_pike into the edu entry for yari ashigura: theyd have invisible extensions (that would hurt and obstruct enemies) on the end of their very short yari. I replaced the long_pikie attribute with short_pike and it doesn't have this problem anymore.
    I didn't make these units and I'm not an expert on Japanese weapons so I didn't know they weren't using yari. You're right that they shouldn't be using the yari as if it was a pike. Most likely when I used a different version of this unit they did have a pike or long spear but I forgot to update their stats when I changed this unit.

I hope you don't mind my editing the EDU. I try to maintain the balance already there.
    (I can only add hit points by taking away a proportional amount of men from the unit. In this incarnation of my Japanese conquest I replaced the samurai unit with a samurai unit who can launch a couple volleys before engaging in combat. I switched the soldier model to samurai archers and the armor ug models use the samurai archers model for both original and upgraded armor. Also I changed armored swordsmen to mongol infantry in the dictionary part of the entry.
    It inherited the sword stats of the original samurai as their secondary weapon: I copy and pasted the pri weapon to sec weapon on the samurai entry. For the bow attack-before-charge, like roman legionaires/parthian bodyguards from RTW; I copy and pasted the bow from samurai archers to samurai and edited after...I added the 'prec' attribute, decreased range to 60, decreased ammo to 4, and decreased the damage/attack rating to 3.
    I also increased the charge distance to 15: after testing, this was a good combination with the 60 range so that after the samurai unit fires its shot before charge, in a meeting engagement; two units advancing on each other, it still has enough space to start running a charge into the enemy.) After thorough testing, my edited samurai unit with their bow attack come about equal to a chinese infantry unit...they stay about equal in numbers until my unit routes first, but they manage to route chinese pikes after they get two volleys off before engaging in the conventional fight.
    (I didn't add or take away from it's melee attack or defense stats, and didn't add hp or morale etc...all stats, except mentioned above, kept the original samurai stats.) It's a bummer that they don't have the flags on their backs anymore, but I think it's a worthy trade-off.
    it's all for personal use (you know...I'm not releasing my own mod with this)
    Feel free to edit this mod any way you want for your own personal use. Did samurai fire arrows at their enemy before engaging in melee combat or did some samurai fire arrows while others engaged in melee?

The Yumitori have samurai battle-armor on...will they look like they do on their unit card in the final version?(they look fine now, but I wonder if you could use this battle armor skin for an elite archer unit and the unit card design for the normal Yumitori).
    Unfortunately I only have a few type of units, so I can't change how they look.

Samurai Cavalry and Yari Cavalry have two different models, on the battlefield, depending on how close you are to them. When you are zoomed out, the samurai and yari cavalry have flags on their backs like the normal foot samurai and yari samurai. When zooming in, the flags disappear. Again, like everything else I've submitted, this is not a big problem at all. -- This is related to the Ashigura's zoom/model problem. Upon closer inspection, it is not flags I'm seeing but the cavalrymen standing on their mounts. When zoomed in they switch to sitting.
    Edit6: Apparently I'm seeing the 2d model standing and the 3d model correctly sitting. Same with the ashigura with this problem while dead: when zoomed in, the correct 3d laying model is used but the 2d standing model is used. I hope this helps. Edit7: Samurai Archer unit has this problem too; it will have a 2d standing animation when dead and a 3d laying animation when zoomed in. It is also half-invisible when zoomed out. (it looks really weird)

Yari Ashigura, in custom battles, do not have death animations when zoomed out...at least not when they've been shot by muskets. When zoomed out, the dead Ashigura are all standing in place rather than laying on the ground (Zombie Ashigura?), but when you zoom in...the close ashigura switch to the fallen position and then back to the standing when you zoom back out. This, more than any of the other problems stated, is detrimental as it creates, when zoomed out, what looks like highly disorganized units (tricking me into trying to click them and reform them, when there are actually only dead soldiers.)
    Making new sprites (2D images viewed from a distance) is time consuming so I didn't want to make them, so I used sprites from a RTW mod. This may be why the some units look wrong. Other than the Yari Ashigura are there any units whose sprites are incorrect?

Balance Issue:
    Faction Leaders all over the world start dying early on...developing assassins are way too easy. There may be a connection here. It's 1550 and I have an assassin with full agent's skill...perhaps you could either reduce the amount of ancillaries and/or traits adding to agent skill, or add more Personal Security ancillaries and/or traits for faction leaders.
    The regular deaths are because the age at which characters can die is 50 and most of the factions leader as old at the start of the mod so they frequently die.

I can try to make traits harder to get but as there are 4 turns per year and most assassins live for 20-30 years they have a long time to try to acquire these abilities.

Yumitori(Japanese foot archers) seem to have an obscene range. I don't believe the Japanese strove for the incredible range, but rather accuracy. Perhaps they could use a more accurate projectile at a slightly closer range (personally I'd prefer a range lower than English longbowmen and Mongolian foot archers). -- After playing several custom battles against Japan, Yumitori range don't seem so obscene, but the strategy that the AI uses in the skirmish phase of battles is ridiculous. It will, even with far superior range and numbers, run to well within the range of your own archers before firing. So....this may be an AI problem, and seeing as I don't know the first thing about modifying AI...I can't offer any constructive criticism here. Edit7: I was going to delete this but I'll leave it in case the guy who does the AI for you can sort it out along with the pike's about-face problem.
    I'm not sure why the archers try to get so close before firing. It's possible that being closer gives them better accuracy but I'm unsure.

All of the Ashigura could also use some kind of battlefield movement speed boost (they are "lightfoot" after all), and possibly better stamina.
    Stamina boost are only for elite soldiers who have spent their life training to fight. As the Ashigura are composed of low level soldiers and commoners better stamina isn't justified.

The women of my Shogunate seem to only birth females. (It's only 1553, so it might change...who knows.) As far as I can remember, this isn't consistent with the last release of Eras: Total Conquest Mod, V1.5.This problem is persisting into my third japanese campaign of this install of the mod(I remade the No-Dachi unit I had used in a previous V1.5 campaign several months back, but decided against it and to go with my new idea to spice up the gameplay: samurai+bow. So that in this 2.0 release I've gone about 25-40 turns into the campaign, three times. No male offspring! Or the male offspring look exactly like girls!
    Not sure why this it happening. It may be because you have too many male generals and not enough provinces. M2TW is hardcoded so that it you don't have a lot of regions your generals don't have a lot of children.

Edit7: A peculiar thing happens with pikemen (tested with two pike units attacking eachother), one unit will attack normally but the other unit will do an about-face and put their backs to the enemy theyre currently engaged with; so that one unit is getting massacred while moving BACKWARD into the enemy and the other unit is completely destroying the bugged unit. I first saw this against the chinese: they'd march their pikes forward and I'd send in my no-dachi(2h sword), naturally, and to my surprise my cavalry flanking attack ran straight into the front of pikes when trying to hammer+anvil this unit. Again, like all other things mentioned here, I don't know what is going on to cause this.(note that in the testing, with the two pike units, there was no cavalry flank attack...the pike units will do this on their own initiative and un-influenced by nearby units)
    Not sure why this is happening I'll have to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    Empire campaign, missing texture.
    12:33:06.999 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/samurai/textures/samurai_infantry_body_norm.texture is missing

Edit: missing mesh
    15:58:22.638 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/pavise_spearmen_ug1_lod0.mesh is missing
    To fix this problem download the 'unit_models.rar' attached to this post, unpack it, and put the 'unit_models' folder in the 'mods\conquest\data' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data'). Overwrite the existing folder.

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    Ooo, almost forgot. The Mongol Bodyguards do not seem to be able to fire or skirmish even though they have the option to do both.
    I gave the the animation for a melee cavalry unit, rather than a missile cavalry one. I'll fix it in the next patch, which I hope to release soon.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Did samurai fire arrows at their enemy before engaging in melee combat or did some samurai fire arrows while others engaged in melee?
    The way it's working is just like legionaires, except with bows, so that when you mouse over enemy units you get a pilum/javelin cursor and the fire-at-will and fiery arrows commands are enabled (I was stumped when trying to figure out how to turn it off and to turn on warcry). After double clicking an enemy your unit will rush forward until within range, stop and fire, then they switch weapons and charge. (everyone in the unit working in unison between switching weapons and charging) I put 4 ammo but 2 would probably have been better (but I dunno, it seems silly to carry around 2 arrows in a quiver).

Stamina boost are only for elite soldiers who have spent their life training to fight. As the Ashigura are composed of low level soldiers and commoners better stamina isn't justified.
    Good point! Didn't think of it that way.

Other than the Yari Ashigura are there any units whose sprites are incorrect?
    Well, since i've only been using Japan in the campaign the only other unit I've noticed with the standing death bug is the Yumitori unit(the yumitori unit sprite is also half invisible: When standing still you can only see what looks like outlines, and when they move they start blinking). The cav units, samurai and yari cav, have the standing on mount bug.

Thanks

Mongols Royal Mamuleks and horse archers are bad textured. They looks like ghosts. (Campaign 1300)

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

Never mind, it was not actually a bug.
    Last edited by King Yngvar; July 09, 2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: not a bug, more like a feature error

The faction of Tibet is always fail in 1548. (Empires Model)

in 1200 campaign mongol faction apeared on mountains and was destroyed in that turn... :/

Quote Originally Posted by dick178 View Post
    The faction of Tibet is always fail in 1548. (Empires Model)
    Try upgrading to the 1,5 version of M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by g0kas View Post
    in 1200 campaign mongol faction apeared on mountains and was destroyed in that turn... :/
    For some reason I forgot to make them a horde faction so when they spawn they automatically die because they don't have any settlements. I'll fix this in the 2.1 version.

Hello everyone. I played some campaigns and i really like this mod. But when i tried to play Empires , campaign, after choosing faction, loading toolbar goes to end and after it i have CTD , i am running Windovs Vista, and launching Vista launcher. What to doo?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lancelot View Post
    Hello everyone. I played some campaigns and i really like this mod. But when i tried to play Empires , campaign, after choosing faction, loading toolbar goes to end and after it i have CTD , i am running Windovs Vista, and launching Vista launcher. What to doo?
    Can you upload an error log that's generated after the crash. The first post explains where this is and how to upload it.

Ardashir 7's Avatar Libertus

hi everyone
    i ve got some bugs in the renaissance campaign
    1.mail empire isn't in the right place in the map (when u select it)
    2.too many factions haven't a flag when i press end turn
    3.the game crash down after 3 or 4 turns (an unspefic error)
    4.anatolia's shape in the campaign map isn't right at all
    5.a strange things happen like when i press save game i don't see the marks
    6.some units haven't info cards
    please try to fix these errors
    thanks

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.1 version

Hey , I've a problem extracting the files of the 2.1 patch to my folder.I'm using 7zip and when I start to extract the patch a new window pops up and says "method of compression is not valid for ui/ancillaries/coat_of_arms..." for like every file of the new patch.When I launch the mod with the new .bat , I've a ctd with this message : "shared.txt:{GERR_GENERIC}"
    I've turned off my antivirus and downloaded 3 times the patch.
    Any help?Never had this before..

Thanks in advance!:-)
    R.I.P. Calvin

You need the 7-zip 9.15 beta. The other one cant do it.

I wrote on other subject about my problem, but no-one help me.
    I downloaded mod version 3 parts, instaled, if i wanna play in 1547 campaign, i have CTD on loading screen campaign. I have this problem on this campaign for all nations.............

WIN XP
    mod version 2.1 + Empire patch ;/

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Mr.Argon , thanks it solved my problem! :-)

+rep
    R.I.P. Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by mmiiss17 View Post
    I wrote on other subject about my problem, but no-one help me.
    I downloaded mod version 3 parts, instaled, if i wanna play in 1547 campaign, i have CTD on loading screen campaign. I have this problem on this campaign for all nations.............

WIN XP
    mod version 2.1 + Empire patch ;/
    Can you upload an error log. The first post explains how to do this.

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Great mod but...

Hi, I've installed the mod and I'm thoroughly enjoying all campaigns but the custom battles don't seem to work. It generally says in the middle of a battle that Medieval 2 "has encountered an unexpected problem and will shut down". On the empires campaign it doesn't work altogether (CTD as soon as I press quick battle or start a custom campaign mod). Also, if I do press the quick battle option, sometimes my troops and the enemies are all stuck together and can't move.

While the last one happens rarely, I would appreciate knowing if I have a serious problem or not and if it's fixable.

Great work, an excellent mod.