Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.1 version

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.0 version

Crash in custom battle.

1-Nobunaga suddenly change his accent to Middle-Eastern after 2 turns. Did he just convert to Muslim?
    2-Same problem for Japanese Merchant.

Hello ! I explain my problem , I install 2.0 patch and The installation shows me that the file conquestxp.bat and conquestvista.bat cannot be extracted so i CANT at all
    Please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I'm french so my english isn't very good at all =D

Empires campaign, CTD while starting battle:

14:48:19.548 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_units/crescent/levy_af_pashtun_cavalry_lod0.mesh is missing

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Hi mate,

just found a little but i am playing the Bulgarian Tzardom campaing 970, my horses and warriors of my family member Manuil Varnenski have no texture somme of them are colour silver/gold i am sorry to not have more info or a pic of it and somme times it CTD if i go to custom battle before i can choose a faction, but its a great mod mate

Quote Originally Posted by dick178 View Post
    Crash in custom battle.
    The error log doesn't say which unit is problematic. Which units were you trying to use?

Quote Originally Posted by devilhacker View Post
    1-Nobunaga suddenly change his accent to Middle-Eastern after 2 turns. Did he just convert to Muslim?
    2-Same problem for Japanese Merchant.
    The sound files I used for the east asian factions are a mixture of the arabic, mongol, and native voice types so they'll have so similar lines. Editing the sound files may also have had an effect on this.

Quote Originally Posted by gauthier23 View Post
    Hello ! I explain my problem , I install 2.0 patch and The installation shows me that the file conquestxp.bat and conquestvista.bat cannot be extracted so i CANT at all
    Please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I'm french so my english isn't very good at all =D
    I've uploaded these files to this post. To install they download the 'Medieval II Total War.rar', unpack it, and put the bat files in the 'Medieval II Total War' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War').

Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    Empires campaign, CTD while starting battle:

14:48:19.548 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_units/crescent/levy_af_pashtun_cavalry_lod0.mesh is missing
    This is due to a missing mesh. To fix this download the 'pastun_cavalry.rar' attached to this post, unpack it, and put the bat files in the 'mods\conquest\data' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data').

Quote Originally Posted by achwell View Post
    Hi mate,

just found a little but i am playing the Bulgarian Tzardom campaing 970, my horses and warriors of my family member Manuil Varnenski have no texture somme of them are colour silver/gold i am sorry to not have more info or a pic of it and somme times it CTD if i go to custom battle before i can choose a faction, but its a great mod mate
    That's due to an error in the model_db. I'll upload an updated version a soon as I can.

The crashing before the custom battles is probably unrelated.
    Last edited by uanime5; May 31, 2010 at 05:06 PM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!
    it is problem in only 'Empires' campaign.
    no problems in custom battles but campaign.
    select factions and start mod than CRASH without any messages!
    i read your CTD but i dont know what happened. other campaigns doesnt have any problem. but 1547....
    and no HUD and UI in 1547. why ? and how to fix it? anyone please help me !!

Quote Originally Posted by dick178 View Post
    Crash in custom battle.
    i have the same problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by delacour View Post
    SOMEBODY HELP ME!!
    it is problem in only 'Empires' campaign.
    no problems in custom battles but campaign.
    select factions and start mod than CRASH without any messages!
    i read your CTD but i dont know what happened. other campaigns doesnt have any problem. but 1547....
    and no HUD and UI in 1547. why ? and how to fix it? anyone please help me !!
    Did you try the 1547 patch in the patches thread that I specifically made for people who found that this campaign kept crashing?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=278124

Quote Originally Posted by devilhacker View Post
    i have the same problem too.
    Does it crash after you select the faction but before you can select the units? If so which campaign does it crash in?

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post

Does it crash after you select the faction but before you can select the units? If so which campaign does it crash in?
    yes. after select faction before select army. you mean which map? well...i can say all of them...

After installing the 2.0 version, most of it appears to work really well. However I opened the 1453 file and started a campaign with the Timurids and have the same problem with Generals Bodyguards that I did in the previous version. Every general that I adopt at the start of a turn naturally spawns as a Royal Mamluk unit and not Transoxianan Bodyguard. Whether or not that's supposed to happen, I appear to be having a problem with the skins of said bodyguards. I'm not sure what causes it exactly, but it looks like this:

I've also noticed a similar problem with some other units that other factions control. For example, it would seem that when the Rebels have bombards their skins look like this, too.
    I don't know if it has something to do with factions having units that they aren't supposed to have or what. But at any rate, I was wondering if there was something I could do to avoid this skin error. Or, if I could change something so instead of Royal Mamluks, new generals are already Transoxianan Bodyguards, that would be even better.

The Royal Indian Elephants (the ones with the really long name, I can't remember the name exactly and I don't think I could try to spell it, but hopefully you'll know the ones I mean), when they're in a battle, the men on the top of the elephants are holding bows, but when they prepare to fire, they hold their bows at a strange angle and then there's a loud bang sound, as if they were firing an arquebus or a musket. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Other than that the mod appears to be working really well and I'm loving the update and some of the new units that have been introduced.
    Last edited by kdub22; June 07, 2010 at 05:59 AM.

Hi is there anyway to switch emires to 970 without manually doing it???

Hi all

I am playing the Turks during the 970 campaign and I am getting an invariable CTD during the AI turn. From the looks of it, it is during the Easter Roman empire's turn. Please advice

See attached log.

Edit: I have found the reason for the bug (I think). It happens every time now when the fatimid (Egypt) kills the last member of the Boyadid (sp??) faction. See attached save game and log
    Last edited by psycho1976; June 13, 2010 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    After installing the 2.0 version, most of it appears to work really well. However I opened the 1453 file and started a campaign with the Timurids and have the same problem with Generals Bodyguards that I did in the previous version. Every general that I adopt at the start of a turn naturally spawns as a Royal Mamluk unit and not Transoxianan Bodyguard. Whether or not that's supposed to happen, I appear to be having a problem with the skins of said bodyguards. I'm not sure what causes it exactly, but it looks like this:

I've also noticed a similar problem with some other units that other factions control. For example, it would seem that when the Rebels have bombards their skins look like this, too.
    I don't know if it has something to do with factions having units that they aren't supposed to have or what.
    Well whatever it is, it isn't just when certain factions use/recruit/spawn foreign units. Because it would seem that when I play as the Mongol Khanate in the 1230 world campaign I get the exact same problem with Mongol horse archers:

Does this problem occur for anybody else? Is there something I might be doing wrong to cause this?

Edit:
    Also there appears to be more problems regarding the elephants.
    The Indian Elephants Naffatun look like they're holding guns, and make firing sounds when you put them close enough to an enemy when you allow them to fire at will. At any rate they don't throw their projectiles, either.
    Also when they run or walk they seem to be making the galloping sound that a unit of horses would make.

Oh also it seems to be giving me the same skinn error with rocket launchers, too.
    Last edited by kdub22; June 13, 2010 at 04:08 PM.

I don't know if it has something to do with factions having units that they aren't supposed to have or what. But at any rate, I was wondering if there was something I could do to avoid this skin error. Or, if I could change something so instead of Royal Mamluks, new generals are already Transoxianan Bodyguards, that would be even better.
    The Royal Mamluk was set to all, rather than Egypt, so it was assigned to every faction that didn't already have a bodyguard assigned to them.

The rebels with bombards look like this because I didn't assign them a texture.

The Royal Indian Elephants (the ones with the really long name, I can't remember the name exactly and I don't think I could try to spell it, but hopefully you'll know the ones I mean), when they're in a battle, the men on the top of the elephants are holding bows, but when they prepare to fire, they hold their bows at a strange angle and then there's a loud bang sound, as if they were firing an arquebus or a musket. Is there something I can do to fix this?
    I don't have an elephant archer animation, so I have to use the elephant gunner or elephant javelin animation. At present there's nothing I can do to fix this.

Well whatever it is, it isn't just when certain factions use/recruit/spawn foreign units. Because it would seem that when I play as the Mongol Khanate in the 1230 world campaign I get the exact same problem with Mongol horse archers:

Does this problem occur for anybody else? Is there something I might be doing wrong to cause this?
    The Mongol Horse Archers are like this because I haven't assigned a texture to them for most factions. The Mongol Light Lancers also suffer from this problem.

Edit:
    Also there appears to be more problems regarding the elephants.
    The Indian Elephants Naffatun look like they're holding guns, and make firing sounds when you put them close enough to an enemy when you allow them to fire at will. At any rate they don't throw their projectiles, either.
    Also when they run or walk they seem to be making the galloping sound that a unit of horses would make.

Oh also it seems to be giving me the same skinn error with rocket launchers, too.
    It seems that changing the animation used is more difficult that I thought. It looks like I only give the elephant riders musket animations.

Which faction has a problem with the Rocket Launchers and in which campaign?

I'll fix all of these problems in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho1976 View Post
    Hi all

I am playing the Turks during the 970 campaign and I am getting an invariable CTD during the AI turn. From the looks of it, it is during the Easter Roman empire's turn. Please advice

See attached log.

Edit: I have found the reason for the bug (I think). It happens every time now when the fatimid (Egypt) kills the last member of the Boyadid (sp??) faction. See attached save game and log
    According to the error log the problem it with the King Maker ancillary. Try downloading the 'export_descr_ancillaries' attached to this post and put it in the 'mods\conquest\data' and 'mods\conquest\data\970' folders (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data').

If it doesn't work can you upload another error log.
    Last edited by uanime5; June 17, 2010 at 06:54 AM.

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

started 1080 with Croatia and family members have no names =/

@uanime5
    Might just be on my end, or perhaps some problem with the TWC webpage, but I cannot access the file you uploaded. Would you be so kind and reupload? To be more precise, When I try to DL it, I am told it is a gif-image (clear.gif).

Thanks a ton for the effort and the mod!

I've reuploaded this file and it is now downloadable. I don't know what went wrong.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

i had a crash when playing as the Eastern Roman Empire in the new age campaign here is the sistem log.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Which faction has a problem with the Rocket Launchers and in which campaign?

I'll fix all of these problems in the next patch.
    It was in the same campaign with the Timurids that I encountered these other problems. Thanks for replying.