Thread: A qyeastion about installing the most difficult SS and mods

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default A qyeastion about installing the most difficult SS and mods

I heard Templar would be the most diffiult to play with SS + RCRR + BGR, or something like that. Now there is alot of mods and it's really confusing with alot of versions per mod too. Can some one just help me with listing up from A - Z (what comes first) if I want the momst difficult combination of mods.

1. M2TW
    2. 1.2
    3. 1.3
    4. Kingdoms
    5. 1.5 http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=do...loaditemid=215
    6. SS 6.0 Part 1 http://www.gamershell.com/download_31202.shtml
    7. SS 6.0 Part 2 http://www.gamershell.com/download_31204.shtml
    8. ...?
    9. ...?
    10. ...?
    Rep to competent answers.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: A qyeastion about installing the most difficult SS and mods

Moved to RR/RC forum

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Kaledon's Avatar Civis

For Step 7, install SS without any of the options checked. Unless you want permanent arrows, those are fine.
    Step 8. SS 6.1.
    Step 9. RR/RC w/October Hotfix Part 1 and 2
    Step 10. RR/RC April Hotfix
    Step 11. Copy the contents of the Data_BGRIV in your Stainless Steel folder to your Stainless Steel Data folder.

Also, the Templars no longer exist in RR/RC. They have been replaced with the Crusader States, a more comprehensive faction that starts out more powerful than the templars.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledon View Post
    For Step 7, install SS without any of the options checked. Unless you want permanent arrows, those are fine.
    Step 8. SS 6.1.
    Step 9. RR/RC w/October Hotfix Part 1 and 2
    Step 10. RR/RC April Hotfix
    Step 11. Copy the contents of the Data_BGRIV in your Stainless Steel folder to your Stainless Steel Data folder.

Also, the Templars no longer exist in RR/RC. They have been replaced with the Crusader States, a more comprehensive faction that starts out more powerful than the templars.
    What about 6.2 release? Are those changes insignificant?
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; April 23, 2010 at 12:21 PM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Ears Total Conquest, hahahaha.

D2 PvP!

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sivilombudsmannen View Post
    What about 6.2 release? Are those changes insignificant?
    6.2 is a must, crucial really, and his list can and will still be followed. Besides, I think 6.2 SS is required for RR RC.

This Hamster will explode in 60 seconds.

Kaledon's Avatar Civis

RR/RC contains 6.2. My list was correct. Good day, sirs.

Oh, and Tears of Destiny. You should realize by now that I'm never wrong. Gawd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears of Destiny View Post
    6.2 is a must, crucial really, and his list can and will still be followed. Besides, I think 6.2 SS is required for RR RC.

This Hamster will explode in 60 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledon View Post
    RR/RC contains 6.2. My list was correct. Good day, sirs.

Oh, and Tears of Destiny. You should realize by now that I'm never wrong. Gawd.
    Just to nail this point it isn't necessary or recommended to install 6.2 RC4 before installing the RR/RC Combo. That would be like grooming the Hamster before having it explode in 60 seconds.