Thread: Please, Something that makes the game more FUN!

Petrov's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Please, Something that makes the game more FUN!

Dear all you modders out there,
    We all love Historical accuracy yes? right uniforms, Realistic reload times? well I love them as much as you guys, But please make something FUN, maybe like thoragoses WW1 alpha mod, it only changes the gameplay, It doesnt make it any more historic, or change much in the campaign, But you do not know how Fun the battles are unless you have played it, and all it does is increase unit sizes and stats!
    I am kind of getting sick of the "full historical overhaul mods"sure there great, and i give all of them a go, and they are all great to play, But surely someone doesnt care about historical accuracy and just wants to have more fun! Not everyone likes battles to be 2/3s longer! Please, make Silly mods, make Dum mods, make FUN mods! Make a caveman mod, make a roman mod, anything, but please enough ofthese Super detailed historically accurate games, They're sometimes just Not fun to play.
    I would do this myself, but i am still learning to mod.
    PLEASE FOCUS MORE ON FUN!
    By Petrov Valentini, A gamer who wants to have FUN

Default My Mod ideas! (link and a few other things)

hey everybody,
    I would like to say i have ut up some idea for mods, Its about more FUN mods, On it i would like to ask people, do you find historical accurate mods more fun than gameplay enhancing mods, Like battle AI or WW1 mod, Or are you all about fun? i would love to hear your opinion, Dont post here post there, I posted this here because i am pretty sure no one will see it, and i really want my message to get out!
    Link
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...84#post7191884

This is my opinon and my opinion only, you may post your opinoons, i am surious, I love Historical mods and Overhaul mods just as much as Gameplay enhancing and FUN and Silly mods!

Sanguis's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Please, Something that makes the game more FUN!

Some people find historical accuracy important and fun (so do I).
    But I think one of the most important things in a TW game is the large range of units.

Lord Wiffleby's Avatar Decanus

I suppose my old "New World Order" Total War mod idea might have been a "FUN" idea, but that was for M2TW. However, it could be easily adapted for NTW. Still, I can't mod to save my life, so all I have is a "FUN" idea. If someone gave me a genre, I could easily think up a detailed fictitious scenario within days, but they would have to do the modding work, sadly. In fact, this one of the major problems with producing FUN mods. There are a lot of people with ideas, but only a few who can implement them.

Well, I have teamed up with someone very popular on TWC and we are going to make FUN mod, No official name, but we will come up with someything, NO more info after that!

So basically you want a fiction game? Sorry, no, the whole point of the TW series is (Somewhat-) historical accuracy or atleast on the very edge of it.

MTW is quite a fiction game on vanilla anyway.. there is more unhistorical things than historical....

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: My Mod ideas! (link and a few other things)

Moved to the Wips, Ideas, and Proposals forum and merged with duplicate threads.

PM me with any questions.
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; April 22, 2010 at 10:06 AM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Lord Wiffleby's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: My Mod ideas! (link and a few other things)

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Moved to the Wips, Ideas, and Proposals forum and merged with duplicate threads.

PM me with any questions.
    I hate to say that I saw that coming. Either way, I'm interested in what Petrov and his buddy will be coming up with.

well, what i maen is not Focus on Historical accuracy MORE, fun is definitely more important, if the game sacrifices fun for Historical accuracy, well i wont be getting it! unless its a game like histwar, that looks fun, and still historical?

dont understand why people think historical accuracy wont provide fun...

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    What i am saying is full historical accuracy can ruin a game, sometimes they are fun, adn alo, I love your realism mod, (for the moment your mod only makes it slightly more realistic not historic,) but i am mostly in it for the CAI! it is so smart in your mod! I hope in the futeure you let peple use you CAI mod as a seperate mod!

But i still Love historical accuracy, IU am just asking if people will make a Mod BASED on fun, I mean put in as much historical accuracy as you like, but please make sure it doesnt affect the basic gameplay, or if not, make it funer (i do not know if thats a word...)

Squad's with flamethrowers, Grenadiers throwing cats instead of grenades, artillery shooting cows, cavalry units riding on a bunch of flaming pigs....stuff like that?

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    indeed I agree..I prefer simulations to games myself...and i still hve incredible fun moreso when it is accurate..

Quote Originally Posted by tenjouten View Post
    Squad's with flamethrowers, Grenadiers throwing cats instead of grenades, artillery shooting cows, cavalry units riding on a bunch of flaming pigs....stuff like that?
    Well, Maybe not that Silly, But That still would be FUN!

for me having large number of units would be more fun. Building fences, redoutes, trenches too.

TheBlobThing's Avatar Semisalis

Although I also prefer the more historically accurate mods I think the point of having a mod community is everyone can tweak Nappy to their own preference. So why not let the boys have some fun instead of ruining it with our snooty: "Well, I couldn't possibly see why you boorish peasants would think that is fun. Barbarians!"
    Disclaimer:
    The above are my current opinions and are liable to change according to mood, time of day, degree of sleep deprivation endured and/or level of inebriation.

LoL the Blob thing +rep! By the way, i have actually gotten a close friend to moddel a flamethrower, it works like a cannon, you have to unlimber them limber, and its kinda based of the quicklime, He said it was very hard to make, I hlped with ths stats and tables though!

Quote Originally Posted by Petrov View Post
    LoL the Blob thing +rep! By the way, i have actually gotten a close friend to moddel a flamethrower, it works like a cannon, you have to unlimber them limber, and its kinda based of the quicklime, He said it was very hard to make, I hlped with ths stats and tables though!
    Got any pictures, videos, or a mod to upload? Really want to see!