Thread: 2.0 version released

Default 2.0 version released

After a lot of work and beta testing I've finally finished the 2.0 version of Eras Total Conquest (I felt the changes were too great to call it the 1.7 version). The mod and installation instructions are available here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=278124

Below is a list of the changes I have made:

General Improvements

1) Light units are recruitable from the castle walls with heavier units being available at the barracks' first level so that you no longer need a fortress to be able to recruit mailed knights.

2) European Knights have been divided into mailed, brigandine, and plated types. Their availability depends on the era.

3) Hand gunners have been remade to use brigandine armour, rather than plate.

4) The Balkans have been remade to more accurately reflect the various groups living in these areas. They now have their own unique recruitment trees and some Tzardom units.

5) The European steppe units use the Kypchak units from Broken Crescent, rather than Mongolian units.

6) New interfaces, background maps, and splash screens thanks to cedric37.

7) New banners and symbols for several factions thanks to Ferrum Aeternum.

7) I found a way to prevent the Faction selection screen from crashing if you click on multiple factions.

8) Trade is now much less profitable so that controlling a large number of regions is no longer as profitable.

9) Hotseat mod has been enabled and contains all the factions.

10) The menu no longer crashes on the faction selection screen. However it will still crash if you select grand campaign, then go back to the previous menu and try to play a custom battle.

Campaign specific changes

970 + 1080: Croatia is now more powerful to accurate reflect how it was during these eras.

1230: this campaign now starts in 1220 to make the Khwarezm-Shah dynasty playable.

1346: this campaign now starts in 1331 to make the Il Khanate playable.

1400: Bosnia has been added to this campaign.

1547: unique Siberian and Tibetan units added and the Balkans also have several new units.

1547: the Cherokee and Incas have been replaced with the Suri Dynasty and the Kingdom of Tangoo.

Faction specific changes

The Ming Dynasty now has halberd wielding soldiers, grenadiers, the swordsmen and the elite wear shan wen kai (mountain pattern armour), and the bodyguard has armoured cavalry.

The Samurai Archers have been remade to more accurately resemble samurai archers.

Tibet now has it's own unique roster, rather than using the Mongol one.

Serbia is now yellow, rather than dark blue.

Bosnia is now blue, rather than orange.

The Ayutthaya Kingdom is now red, rather than light blue.

Bug fixes

1) Fixed the problem with the eastern merchants and Croatia having the wrong agents.
    Last edited by uanime5; April 22, 2010 at 04:57 AM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: 2.0 version released

Awesome work mate! +rep
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

OMG a new version!!!
    I haven't done my 1.6 campaign yet!!
    Can't wait to play the new one though!!

Can't download mod.
    It says download slots are full.
    But I did download patch successfully.
    Duchy of Croatia in my Total War?! Oh I can't wait for factions unlocker mod!

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

Hi Uanime5, sorry I wasn't any help in the 1547 talks, you seemed to have decided so many things and how you wanted them to go that my input wasn't much use. My apologies.

As to a 1620s campaign this would definitely get my support as the pike and shot era is a fascinating one and apart from FKoC hasn't ever successfully been done for M2TW as far as I'm aware. Would you focus it in Europe or make it world-wide?

You'll want to know that a Thirty Years War mod is in progress by a German team (not based at TWC) but PM Mongumtiacum or Gigantus to enquire about possible use of their units.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=315422

AlplaDelta of course you know of for FKoC units...

Good luck, and if you need any testing or input into maps and factions, drop me a note.

Great!

It's probably safe to say it's not save game compatible.
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

My download gets to about half way done and then says download failure and stops.
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

Awesome work, uanime5!
    +rep

delmat's Avatar Tiro

superb!!! feel little sorry because you kicked out cherokee and incas though but GREAT work!

Foederatus

New version? Great news! The 1.6 version was very nice!
    A question please: I have to download all the game again or the 2.0 patch only?

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    After a lot of work and beta testing I've finally finished the 2.0 version of Eras Total Conquest (I felt the changes were too great to call it the 1.7 version). The mod and installation instructions are available here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=278124

Below is a list of the changes I have made:

General Improvements

1) Light units are recruitable from the castle walls with heavier units being available at the barracks' first level so that you no longer need a fortress to be able to recruit mailed knights.

2) European Knights have been divided into mailed, brigandine, and plated types. Their availability depends on the era.

3) Hand gunners have been remade to use brigandine armour, rather than plate.

4) The Balkans have been remade to more accurately reflect the various groups living in these areas. They now have their own unique recruitment trees and some Tzardom units.

5) The European steppe units use the Kypchak units from Broken Crescent, rather than Mongolian units.

6) New interfaces, background maps, and splash screens thanks to cedric37.

7) New banners and symbols for several factions thanks to Ferrum Aeternum.

7) I found a way to prevent the Faction selection screen from crashing if you click on multiple factions.

8) Trade is now much less profitable so that controlling a large number of regions is no longer as profitable.

9) Hotseat mod has been enabled and contains all the factions.

10) The menu no longer crashes on the faction selection screen. However it will still crash if you select grand campaign, then go back to the previous menu and try to play a custom battle.

Campaign specific changes

970 + 1080: Croatia is now more powerful to accurate reflect how it was during these eras.

1230: this campaign now starts in 1220 to make the Khwarezm-Shah dynasty playable.

1346: this campaign now starts in 1331 to make the Il Khanate playable.

1400: Bosnia has been added to this campaign.

1547: unique Siberian and Tibetan units added and the Balkans also have several new units.

1547: the Cherokee and Incas have been replaced with the Suri Dynasty and the Kingdom of Tangoo.

Faction specific changes

The Ming Dynasty now has halberd wielding soldiers, grenadiers, the swordsmen and the elite wear shan wen kai (mountain pattern armour), and the bodyguard has armoured cavalry.

The Samurai Archers have been remade to more accurately resemble samurai archers.

Tibet now has it's own unique roster, rather than using the Mongol one.

Serbia is now yellow, rather than dark blue.

Bosnia is now blue, rather than orange.

The Ayutthaya Kingdom is now red, rather than light blue.

Bug fixes

1) Fixed the problem with the eastern merchants and Croatia having the wrong agents.

Thanks for making this mod- this RULES!!! +1 rep
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Tiro

Thanks for such a wonderful Mod...