Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Default Re: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    Could someone explain to me this entry in the export_descr_buildings.txt:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

recruit_pool "Toxotae" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter new_era_begins 1
    recruit_pool "Toxotae" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and not event_counter new_era_begins 1

at first glance, it looks to me like Toxatae are available when the New Era event happens ( I know they are available much sooner) and then when the New Era event happens they are no longer available.
    They are available both before and after the New Era Begins event. However, after the event they're available at much smaller numbers. The max pool is lower, and the pools regenerate at half speed compared to before the event.

What it means is prior to the new era event, we read the bottom. So when you build the building, you start with 1 in the pool. Each turn, 0.5 will be replenished and you'll have a pool size of 4.

Once the new era event passes, we look at the first line. You'll notice that there'll only be a maximum of two toxotae and they take 4 turns instead of 2 turns to replenish a whole unit. This is to represent the decreasing use of them in armies.

Edittttt-Woah, I missed PerXX's message. My bad.

Thanks,
    I'm trying to add recruitment details to the unit pages and digging into the txt files is complicated. I'm trying to get it right and some units, like Spear Militia, are confusing.
    There going to look something like this:
    http://www.mtw2.nosaintshistory.com/...Alammanoi.html

and

http://www.mtw2.nosaintshistory.com/Byzantium/Kontaratoi.html

does this work for you guys?

Yeah looks good.

One problem though: the Kontaratoi page has the archery buildings rather than garrison buildings

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    Yeah looks good.

One problem though: the Kontaratoi page has the archery buildings rather than garrison buildings
    Well, it's the right pics, I just forgot to change the text.

Fixed.

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Isn't it Alamanoi with one M?

-Danish Viking Huskarl Axemen and Viking Huskarls have had their pictures in the Faction screen mixed up. Also the Viking Huskarls have their shield value missing.
    -Norse War Clerics' armor value seems to be too high if I'm not mistaken.
    -Kwarezmian and Seljuk Sultanate Saracen Militia have 13 defence but the values don't add up. Is the armor value too low?
    -French and Crusader States' Spearmen are misspelled as Spearman in the faction screen.
    -Sicilian Spearmen Sergeants still have an incorrect charge value.
    -Moorish Sudanese Javelinmen have their name missing in the stats screen.

Quote Originally Posted by SamZi View Post
    Isn't it Alamanoi with one M?

-Danish Viking Huskarl Axemen and Viking Huskarls have had their pictures in the Faction screen mixed up. Also the Viking Huskarls have their shield value missing.
    -Kwarezmian and Seljuk Sultanate Saracen Militia have 13 defence but the values don't add up. Is the armor value too low?
    -French and Crusader States' Spearmen are misspelled as Spearman in the faction screen.
    -Sicilian Spearmen Sergeants still have an incorrect charge value.
    -Moorish Sudanese Javelinmen have their name missing in the stats screen.
    Samzi, Samzi, Samzi.
    When I saw a reply from you, I just knew that you would have a laundry list for me to fix!

Just joking. I do appreciate your attention and letting me know about the mistakes.
    Right now I'm trying to go through it all while switching over to the new look and fixing what I catch.
    But, you are making that easier!
    If you could, check out the Byzantines. With all the new names (Alammanoi is spelled with 2 m's, at least in the new Unit Description it is) I had to change a bunch of file names and I hope I got it all fixed.

I'm going to check out those gigs you just listed.
    Thanks again!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
    I went back and checked. It seemed it was wrong, but the armor value is actually higher as per the EDU, if I'm right.
    If someone could check it out and let us know, it would be nice.

http://www.mtw2.nosaintshistory.com/...r_Clerics.html
    http://www.mtw2.nosaintshistory.com/...r_Clerics.html

Also, where is the number of soldiers in a unit stated in the EDU?

From the EDU:

"soldier Name of the soldier model to use (from descr_models_battle.txt)
    ; followed by the number of ordinary soldiers in the unit
    ; followed by the number of extras (pigs dogs, elephants, chariots artillery pieces etc attached to the unit)
    ; followed by the collision mass of the men. 1.0 is normal. [Only applies to infantry]"

So it's the 1st number next to soldier. This is by the normal unit size. I'm not sure what the multipliers are for the larger/smaller sizes.

Most of the information about the EDU is at the top of the file.

The norse war clerics' values are consistent with my EDU, though I'm not using the newest. I'm definitely using at least the october one.

; followed by the number of ordinary soldiers in the unit
    Yeah, I read this too, but it doesn't jive with what's in the game.
    So, of course, it confused me (that's really not that hard to do).

What's the deal with the "hidden_resource crusader" line in the export_desc_buildings.txt?

Noticed it attached to several Crusader States units that can be recruited in one place, but not another.
    Example: Syrian Auxillaries can be recruited in Kerak (after capture ) but not in Alleppo.
    But it looks like Syrian Auxillaries can only be recruited by the Crusader States.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    What's the deal with the "hidden_resource crusader" line in the export_desc_buildings.txt?

Noticed it attached to several Crusader States units that can be recruited in one place, but not another.
    Example: Syrian Auxillaries can be recruited in Kerak (after capture ) but not in Alleppo.
    But it looks like Syrian Auxillaries can only be recruited by the Crusader States.
    Huh, that is interesting. I had always assumed that they were locals. Interesting.

Found out the hard way that Crusaders unit replacement rates are lower outside their core settlements.

It is great how much realism is added in the mod. But makes it hard as well, all the more fun I guess.

Will all the units have the recruitment info like the Norse War Clerics......I love the recruitment info.

I always wonder when units are available and where they can be built.

Nice work!

Will all the units have the recruitment info like the Norse War Clerics......I love the recruitment info.
    Yes, that is what I'm working on. If you browse around the site you'll see that I have a few units already done that way. The problem is trying to gather up all the info on what units are created where and when and with what. I'm finding the export_desc_buildings.txt very confusing.

What files contain info the AOR Units?
    I want to be able to see a list of all the cities that can recruit, say, units like Magyar Cavalry or Turkish Javelinmen.

-AOR for Locals and Early Professionals

• Locals are available to any faction that controls the region, but more to the original owning faction. It will take some time for new factions to be able to recruit these units, and their availability is reduced. They are also available to the original faction in adjacent regions at reduced availability, where 'adjacent' can mean geographically, culturally or climate. For example, Longbowmen are Locals and can be recruited by England in Scotland and some French regions at reduced availability.
    • Early Professionals are fully available to the original faction in their original regions, and also in those regions originally owned by factions that can also recruit those units; elsewhere their availability is reduced

Actually its quite a complex AOR.
    Last edited by Point Blank; July 30, 2010 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    -AOR for Locals and Early Professionals

• Locals are available to any faction that controls the region, but more to the original owning faction. It will take some time for new factions to be able to recruit these units, and their availability is reduced
    • Early Professionals are fully available to the original faction in their original regions, and also in those regions originally owned by factions that can also recruit those units; elsewhere their availability is reduced
    But is there a file that states where you can recruit said units?
    Like, "Magyar Cavalry can be recruited in regions A, B, C & D"?

Like the descr_mercenaries.txt. It list the area pool and what mercenaries are available.

No, its all defined in the EDB.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    No, its all defined in the EDB.
    So there's nothing that defines which provinces recruit specific AOR Units?
    All I can tell from the EDB is that all factions can recruit the respective unit.

It should tell you it needs a particular resource.

eg. recruit_pool "Viking Raiders" 0 0.13 1 0 requires factions { venice, scotland, england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, milan, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, kwarezm, turks, jerusalem, knights_templar, egypt, byzantium, hungary, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, mongols, slave, timurids, } and hidden_resource denmark

Which regions this points to, I'm not sure.

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Byzantium:
    -Ippoakritai's description has the line "Their name is derived from “acri”, meaning border." twice. Also, the next line starts with "Akritaiserved" all clumped up.
    -Stratiotae misspelled as Stratotae in stat screen.
    -Alammanoi's description cuts off at "served in the Roman army from the 3rd to the 14th centuries. Alammanoi"
    -Siphonatores' defense looks to be caclulated incorrectly, too much armor maybe?
    -Menaulatoi description has one misspelled occasion of "Menaulati."