Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Default Re: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    Alrighty.

Finally got around to putting the RR/RC Guide that Point Blank put out into a HTML document.
    It wasn't easy.
    But it's done.
    The link is http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2/RR_RC_Guide_2.html
    Let me know what you think.......

I'll be adding a downloadable Pdf of it soon.
    The way it is now, if you'd print it as is, the page breaks really screw it up, so I'll be trying to get a copy that comes out neater when printed.
    Thanks for this! Actually very helpful for me right now as I am planning how to make the rosters for my 1390 submod. I think I'll follow RC structure about 90% of the way. I plan on a few changes but overall the theory is good.

OK.
    I've started putting up artillery units.
    Just want you guys to check it out and let me know if all the info is correct.

http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com/England/England.html
    http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com/Byzantium/Byzantium.html
    http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com/Aragon/Aragon.html

The units are at the bottom of the page. You can't miss them.

One more thing.
    After the arty units are done, I really want to start doing some FAUST tables, but the amount of data is alot.
    Give me some ideas on what you guys would like to see included.
    Last edited by Phil of Loreauville; October 25, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

Still working on Artillery units, but I have quite a few done.

Was working on Kiev and I can see clearly that Basilisks are recruit-able with a Royal Arsenal. But after going through my normal R&D, Royal Arsenals aren't available to Kiev. If I'm reading the EDB right, the same goes for Novgorod.
    Am I reading this right, or am I missing something?
    Also.........
    haven't got much response back for what to put in a FAUST table.

Also.........
    haven't got much response back for what to put in a FAUST table.
    Mass of units and cavalry mounts, type of arrow, available date in RR, number of men in unit.

So Basilisks are in the game for Kiev and Novgorod but not in the EDB?

Wait one.
    Novgorod is listed (under "russia", I was probably looking for Novgorod )
    But Kiev isn't listed in the factions that can receive a Royal Arsenal.

{ royal_arsenal } } royal_arsenal city requires factions { hre, teutonic_order, france, turks, kwarezm, hungary, russia, venice, milan, portugal, spain, aragon, } and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1

{ c_royal_arsenal } } c_royal_arsenal castle requires factions { hre, teutonic_order, france, turks, kwarezm, hungary, russia, venice, milan, portugal, spain, aragon, } and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1

But..........................

recruit_pool "NE Basilisk" 1 0.17 2 0 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, hungary, } and event_counter science_da_vinci_ornithopter 1

recruit_pool "NE Basilisk" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, hungary, } and event_counter science_da_vinci_ornithopter 1
    Now this can be fixed by adding kievan_rus to the royal arsenal lines but that not the point. I'm trying to keep my site as true to the game as possible, bugs included.
    The FAUST tables are still in the works. I hope to begin them when I finish all the arty units.

The Cumans appear to to be in the same boat as Kiev, but they can't build anything higher than a Gunsmith.

Code:
    {                 cannon_maker             }         }         cannon_maker city requires factions { northern_european, egypt, moors, turks, greek, kwarezm, eastern_european, southern_european, }  and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1 
    No mention of Cumans. But it clearly states that Cumans can construct a Grand Bombard and Cannon.

Can anyone say if it's the same situation in SS 6.4?

There are several mistakes with the Cumans. They can't build ports, so I had to fix that myself. The bodyguards' stats are off. The Khagan Druzhina have the secondary weapon stats and animations for swords instead of maces. PB told me how to correct those.

I don't have 6.4, and in my Cuman campaign I didn't get far enough yet to be able to recruit cannons.

I took a quick glance at the EDB of 6.4 and it appears that the issue we're discussing is somewhat fixed.
    Up to cannon foundry is covered by the culture designator. So the issue with the Cumans is probably fixed.
    But the Royal Arsenal has individual factions listed, (kiev is not one of them), but again, it states that Kiev can recruit a NE Basilisk.

So, should I list what it is, or what it should be?

Maybe I could add instructions on how to fix it. I'm assuming that adding kiev_rus to the "royal_arsensl city requires factions" line would fix this.

I took a quick glance at the EDB of 6.4 and it appears that the issue we're discussing is somewhat fixed.
    Up to cannon foundry is covered by the culture designator. So the issue with the Cumans is probably fixed.
    But the Royal Arsenal has individual factions listed, (kiev is not one of them), but again, it states that Kiev can recruit a NE Basilisk.

So, should I list what it is, or what it should be?

Maybe I could add instructions on how to fix it. I'm assuming that adding kiev_rus to the "royal_arsensl city requires factions" line would fix this.
    Yes, it would.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    There are several mistakes with the Cumans. They can't build ports, so I had to fix that myself. The bodyguards' stats are off. The Khagan Druzhina have the secondary weapon stats and animations for swords instead of maces. PB told me how to correct those.

I don't have 6.4, and in my Cuman campaign I didn't get far enough yet to be able to recruit cannons.
    Cumans not building ports is intentional though probably not accurate. Never noticed that about the khagans.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Under Leon and Castille, Feudal Knights are listed as Militia Quality and as Urban Militia. They're supposed to be Elite and Feudal.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeman266 View Post
    Under Leon and Castille, Feudal Knights are listed as Militia Quality and as Urban Militia. They're supposed to be Elite and Feudal.
    FIXED!
    Thanks Judeman. Any other errors please let me know.

Ok ---
    I haven't posted here in a while, but I have been working on the site as I can. To say I'm busy is an understatement. I'm working 2 jobs right now (and my full-time is plenty of overtime). I'm also kinda holding off until Point Blank comes out with the next version.

Did anyone notice I put up some FAUST tables for a few factions?
    England
    Byzantium
    Holy Roman Empire

I started on Lithuania, but obviously, I'm not finished. Let me know what you think.

One problem I'm trying to work on is how the site looks on widescreen monitors. I did some tweaking last week, so let me know how it displays.
    Last edited by Phil of Loreauville; February 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Those Faust tables look very good. I hope CA includes something like that for RTW2 units. I found using your info quite helpful earlier in development of 1390 and SSMAP for a quick reference btw- so thanks!

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

I only saw the FAUST table for the HRE. Looking forward to rest of the factions.

Also, about the Kievan Rus' recruiting the NE Basilisk, I think it was only meant for custom battles. That would explain why it wasn't in the EDB.
    Last edited by Judeman266; August 12, 2012 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Those Faust tables look very good. I hope CA includes something like that for RTW2 units. I found using your info quite helpful earlier in development of 1390 and SSMAP for a quick reference btw- so thanks!
    Well thank you Ichon. I do appreciate the comment.
    I wish I had the time to devote to the site. I actually have the domain name "Stainless-Steel-Mods.com" and plan on one day re-designing the home page and transferring everything over to the new domain.
    Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeman266 View Post
    I only saw the FAUST table for the HRE. Looking forward to rest of the factions.

Also, about the Kievan Rus' recruiting the NE Basilisk, I think it was only meant for custom battles. That would explain why it wasn't in the EDB.
    I'll look into it.

Despite the lack of posts in this thread, I'm working on the site. Sporadically, but I am working.

Don't know how many noticed, but I got a domain for the site.

http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com/

All traffic pointed at the old domain should be redirected to the new.

I also completed the Lithuanian FAUST as well as the Sicilian FAUST.

Sicily FAUST
    Lithuanian FAUST

I hadn't noticed new domain but looks good. I don't think Gracul or anyone is planning huge roster changes for 6.5 so it should still work.

Are you using the latest manual? I'm guessing not, since the armour table is missing the attack delay penalties, so I'll attach a copy of the most recent guidelines. Here are some things I see at a glance:

The arbalest entry is shifted to the left one, so the attack (which should be 13) is missing, and the range and heat penalty are in the wrong columns. Same with the composite bow(skirmish) entry.

The defense for an axe is 2, not 3. Swords are better classified as Cut & Thrust vs Cutting, rather than Western vs Eastern. Large Round shields have value 4. The couched weapon charge bonus for a Lancer is 4, and they don't get a defense penalty. Brawlers get +2 defense, not 1, and +2 Heat. The values in the Mounted Charge Weapons table are off by 1.

Could you make the title above the horse table a little clearer? This part:
    Basic MountsTerrain....(as defined in descr_mount) Penalties (see final table)

Maybe change it to "Mount Types (as defined in descr_mount) and Terrain Penalties (see final table)".

Also, the maximum stamina column is missing.

Your work is of the kind that is not noticed until it's needed, Phil. That doesn't mean it's not appreciated. ^^
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by k/t; February 21, 2013 at 02:55 PM.

I'm guessing I'm not using the latest.
    Thanks for including it.
    I'll get to all you points you make. Hopefully tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Are you using the latest manual? I'm guessing not, since the armour table is missing the attack delay penalties, so I'll attach a copy of the most recent guidelines. Here are some things I see at a glance:

The arbalest entry is shifted to the left one, so the attack (which should be 13) is missing, and the range and heat penalty are in the wrong columns. Same with the composite bow(skirmish) entry.

The defense for an axe is 2, not 3. Swords are better classified as Cut & Thrust vs Cutting, rather than Western vs Eastern. Large Round shields have value 4. The couched weapon charge bonus for a Lancer is 4, and they don't get a defense penalty. Brawlers get +2 defense, not 1, and +2 Heat. The values in the Mounted Charge Weapons table are off by 1.

Could you make the title above the horse table a little clearer? This part:
    Basic MountsTerrain....(as defined in descr_mount) Penalties (see final table)

Maybe change it to "Mount Types (as defined in descr_mount) and Terrain Penalties (see final table)".

Also, the maximum stamina column is missing.

Your work is of the kind that is not noticed until it's needed, Phil. That doesn't mean it's not appreciated. ^^