Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Default Re: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

I was doing some checking and I noticed that Turkish Hasham have REQUIRES BAGHDAD in the unit description, but I don't think that's the case.
    Is Baghdad required for Hasham recruitment?

Is that a mounted unit? I could only find Dismounted Hasham in the EDU and EDB. If you check the Turkish units in the EDU, it will tell you what name the game uses to refer to them. Then you can search for that name in the EDB and find out if there are any hidden resources required for recruitment. I'd do this, but I haven't played Turkey yet and I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Actually, I think I started a Turkish campaign, but it went to hell really fast and I gave up.

Yes, I saw all that in the EDB and EDU, but the unit description has REQUIRES BAGHDAD in it.
    I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Ok,
    I'm trying to add Guild units now.
    I came across these 2 entries in the export_descr_guilds.txt:

;------------------------------------------ Trigger 0116_Recruit_Sword_Unit WhenToTest UnitTrained Condition UnitType Ulster Swordsmen Guild swordsmiths_guild s 10
    ;------------------------------------------ Trigger 0117_Recruit_Sword_Unit WhenToTest UnitTrained Condition UnitType Muire Guild swordsmiths_guild s 15
    So my question is, "What are Muire and/or Ulster Swordsmen?" I can find entries in the export_descr_units.txt but not in the export_descr_building.txt.
    Last edited by Phil of Loreauville; August 22, 2011 at 08:10 PM.

Added Battlefield Assassins.

Could someone double check the number of soldiers for me please?

I can't find them in the EDU or EDB. I could only find them in the export_units file in the "text" folder and in the EDG.

Since Ireland is no longer in, and those troops weren't Locals or Mercenaries, they were probably removed to make space for others.

In my EDU it says there are 24 Battlefield Assassins, not 31.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I can't find them in the EDU or EDB. I could only find them in the export_units file in the "text" folder and in the EDG.

Since Ireland is no longer in, and those troops weren't Locals or Mercenaries, they were probably removed to make space for others.

In my EDU it says there are 24 Battlefield Assassins, not 31.
    They're under the assassin's guild entry.
    I bet they're slated to be removed like the Sherwood Archers.

As far as the numbers in the EDU, In my games, they are never what the EDU says. I suspect it has something to do choosing large units or whatever.

building guild_assassins_guild { levels assassins_guild m_assassins_guild gm_assassins_guild { assassins_guild city requires factions { northern_european, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } { capability { recruit_pool "Battlefield Assassins" 1 0.34 1 0 requires factions { hungary, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 law_bonus bonus 1 }
    I'm hoping to get Hashashim (available with Muslim Assassin's Guilds, at least in my EDB) up before I leave for work today.

I meant I couldn't find Muire and Ulster Swordsmen.

The Battlefield Assassins are in the EDU, just like Sherwood Archers, but PB says the Sherwoods have been removed. The Battlefields are supposed to be removed too, if they haven't been already.

The Hashashim should also be removed, if they haven't been already.

The number in the EDU is for the smallest unit setting. On Huge it's 2.5 times as many.

I meant I couldn't find Muire and Ulster Swordsmen.
    I suspect that if I looked I'd probably find more that aren't playable.

What do you all think about making dedicated skirmishers able to hide like the Assassins? So they could have low armor but remain somewhat effective as a screening force making AI slow down when they suddenly appear or allowing distance to close before being charged by cavalry or slaughtered from afar by arrows. Only for infantry units of course- cavalry is already strong enough though I'm not even sure its possible to have hidden cavalry.

Will the AI slow down when they appear?

By "skirmishers" I assume you mean "javelinmen". Can't we make a faster animation for them? They take for _____ ever to throw. I put them behind my infantry so they don't get murdered by enemy cavalry.

This is not the thread for it, though.

Will the AI slow down when they appear?

By "skirmishers" I assume you mean "javelinmen". Can't we make a faster animation for them? They take for _____ ever to throw. I put them behind my infantry so they don't get murdered by enemy cavalry.

This is not the thread for it, though.
    Not just javelin men but some close range archers and melee skirmishers as well. I remember reading someone was working on faster animation for javelins but I don't know if it got past the concept stage yet.

When AI see's formerly hidden units it usually stops or slows to re-calculate but not always. The main benefit is that if cavalry is charging unit beyond the skirmishers it will get bogged down or slow to re-orient charge either of which would sort of play part of the role skirmishers did. The other benefit is that hidden skirmishers wouldn't be picked off at distance by enemy archers.

Interesting. We can try some Custom Battles and see how it goes. Just slap hide_anywhere on them.

Ok, once again I'm confused.

I'm adding Naval units to factions and started Denmark and Norway.
    In the EDB, Longboats and Dragon Boats are clearly available to these factions.
    But when I check in the game, Gun Holks and Carracks are recruit-able with a Naval Drydock, but I don't see any entry in the EDB where Norway or Denmark can recruit these units.

Where in the EDB is this stated???

recruit_pool "gun holk" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { northern_european, }
    recruit_pool "carrack" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { northern_european, }

Could someone do me a favor?
    Check out http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2/Milan/G...w_Militia.html and make sure I have all the details correct?
    Especially the events and buildings.

In my EDU their melee stat is 2/2. Their skill is also 2. The cost is 355/225.

I've glanced at the EDB, but it's full of spoilers as it tells me what units certain factions I haven't played yet have.

Ok thanks K/T.

I was asking more about the buildings and events involved but seems I had the stats for Genoese Crossbowmen. Fixed now.

Alrighty.

Finally got around to putting the RR/RC Guide that Point Blank put out into a HTML document.
    It wasn't easy.
    But it's done.
    The link is http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2/RR_RC_Guide_2.html
    Let me know what you think.......

I'll be adding a downloadable Pdf of it soon.
    The way it is now, if you'd print it as is, the page breaks really screw it up, so I'll be trying to get a copy that comes out neater when printed.

Cool.