Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Venician Men at Arms are available from Baron's Stables and not Earl's Stables in my campaign. Don't know if this only applies to Venice or certain factions but look into it. Foot Men at Arms are correctly available from Armories.

Oh, when moving the mouse over the faction icons in any faction's screen, the icon below gets blocked by the text popup of the faction's name. This makes it a bit slower to navigate through them and it's worse with the ones that have long names. Can you make the text popup activation "window" smaller?

OK Samzi,
    Fixed all that stuff.

As far as the "pop-up window", I'd reluctant to make the text much smaller for fear people will have trouble reading it. I positioned it a little to the right to give some "click-room".
    Just a little FYI --- I'm waiting for the next update before I do anything major to the site. I've used the time to do some very needed updating to another site of mine.
    Also---- does anyone know how to get in touch with Honga? You know, the guy who put up that awesome database at The Royal Military Academy?

He obviously doesn't answer to the contact here anymore. He had a really cool feature on his site (at one time) where you could click on a region and view all the available mercenaries. I would love to do this for mercenaries as well as AOR Units.

He was last on the site in November. Try the "send email to honga" stuff, and maybe ask some of the mods. He's got an MSN option too. Also here http://totalwar.honga.net/user.php you can send them an email.

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    OK Samzi,
    Fixed all that stuff.

As far as the "pop-up window", I'd reluctant to make the text much smaller for fear people will have trouble reading it. I positioned it a little to the right to give some "click-room".
    Good stuff.

Regarding the pop-up window, I didn't mean to make the window or the text smaller, just the "activation area." You know, the area you move your mouse in that makes the thing pop up. Right now the activation window comprises of the faction icon and the text window. If you could disable it for the text window that would fix it. I don't know how this stuff works but I hope you get what I mean.

Oh, btw, Venice is missing Cavalry Militia.

Quote Originally Posted by SamZi View Post
    Good stuff.

Regarding the pop-up window, I didn't mean to make the window or the text smaller, just the "activation area." You know, the area you move your mouse in that makes the thing pop up. Right now the activation window comprises of the faction icon and the text window. If you could disable it for the text window that would fix it. I don't know how this stuff works but I hope you get what I mean.

Oh, btw, Venice is missing Cavalry Militia.
    OK, I see what you're saying now.

I'll have to do that later. To accomplish that I'd have to alter the code quite a bit.

Ok.
    I've begun the next phase of the website.
    Mercenaries.
    I have the preliminary layout here (http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2/Mercs/Mercs.html).

I've just done the British Isles, but I'll be going "pool by pool". If you're familiar with the descr_mercenaries.txt you'll know what I'm talking about.
    Once again. I reiterate, I'm no professional, so if something's not right, please let me know.

Also, give me some feedback on navigation and what would make it easier for you to surf around. There's alot of mercs, so I'd really like to develop something that makes it easier for people to take it all in.

^ factions units are still far from complete, polish guard still result in 404, genoese famiglia ducale is missing, etc

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    ^ factions units are still far from complete, polish guard still result in 404, genoese famiglia ducale is missing, etc
    polish guard link fixed.
    Famiglia Ducale will be up soon.

Look, I won't deny that there are some errors still. As I get more familiar with the mechanics and data files I find more. I fix them as I find them and Samzi has been an enormous help in that department.

But at present my site has about 500 pages. That's a big site. I'd like to think the errors are getting less and less frequent, but I know there's still a few out there.
    That's why it's such a really big help when you guys give me a heads-up on errors.

My opinion is I could pour over the files for the next few weeks for a few errors or I could move on with the site to give RC/RR fans something to interest them.

http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2/Milan/G...atricians.html

DONE!

By all means, if you notice any more missing units, let me know.

Have you got pressdat linked in any stickies? It seems more accurate than honga which is a few versions old and includes RC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Have you got pressdat linked in any stickies? It seems more accurate than honga which is a few versions old and includes RC.
    Not only is it out of date, a great deal of what use to be on it is no longer accessible. A shame because there was a lot of good information there. I'm not at all ashamed to say that Honga's site is what inspired me to start mine.

I've got to ask...................................................
    How are the Mercenaries section working????
    I've run into a few "technical difficulties", but I think I've fixed them.

I realize that the opening menu is quite bulky and I'm trying to work up some efficient form of navigating around. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I don't think opening menu is that bad. Better to spend time finishing mercenaries- Spain, N Africa, and further east need to be finished and then see about organizing better. Its easier to organize if you have more of the final done- or maybe at least make headers with work in progress at the actual url.

All Righty.

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have been busy.
    The Mercenaries are done and I've been adding the link to pages throughout the site. And I've started getting to the Guild units I don't have.

So Far I have:

Sherwood Archers
    And Knights of Santiago for:
    Aragon
    Spain
    and Portugal
    Likewise the Foot Knights of Santiago of the above factions.
    Aragon - Spain - Portugal

Quick question-- How many soldiers does the mercenary Condottieri have?

The EDU says 24. That's for the smallest unit scale.

I could have sworn PB assured me the Sherwood Archers had been removed from RR/RC a long time ago.

In latest files they have 32, as a 'Renowned Mercenary' as in the guide. There are certainly no sherwoods anywhere.

I found them in the EDU. I haven't played as England yet, so I don't know if they're in the campaign. However, if they're in the EDU, that means they're occupying a unit slot, no?

They're not in my EDU, which will be next version, they are long gone don't worry.

If you're taking them out so be it.
    But they are in the England 1450 campaign.

Hi Phil, did you see the attached file, contains current RC 2.0 files. Check the EDU

DON'T install this by the way, its not ready yet.

1450 campaign is quite old (and was a bit of a hack in any case), I was hoping we would have a properly done Late Era campaign by now...

Oh I believe you.
    I was just putting my 2 cents in.

I've been working on the RC 2.0 guide.
    Being a text file, you can't just put it on the internet, to be viewed at least. It;s got to be converted to a html file and that's the problem. There's so many tables and charts just using a program to do it won't work. I've almost got to go chart by chart to get it looking right.
    Hopefully I'll have it up in the next day or so.