Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Default Re: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Ok, I took a little break for the holidays and took some time to work on my other site, but I've actually made a little progress of late.

I think I'm finished with The Crusader States and Novgorod.

Some of additions I've included are:

Polostk Boyar Druzhina
    Mounted Luchniki
    Cossack Gunners

Templar Zweihander
    French Foot Archers
    Templar Confrere Knights
    Templar Heavy Spearmen
    Templar Longbowmen

I'll be making an attempt to work on Kiev today, so feel free to look in from time to time.
    Last edited by Phil of Loreauville; January 25, 2011 at 07:58 AM.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

The first post has 2 links that don't work. Luckily I saw in your sig the real address.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    The first post has 2 links that don't work. Luckily I saw in your sig the real address.
    They should be working now.

Looks like not

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Looks like not
    Dude....
    that post was from almost a year ago!
    10 pages & 242 posts ago!
    I've got a domain name since then: http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2 . I'm sure I've stated that somewhere in this thread. I'll go back and edit that post, but what I'm referring too now is those links I just posted. That's what I'm currently working on.

Dude, the first post in a thread like this should be current.

Just sayin'

Ok, after a lull in the action, I have the Teutonic Order Units up! That's right, the rootin'-Teutons are available for your viewing pleasure!
    I hope to have the Mongols up soon, but they may take a little bit longer.

And I could use a little help......................
    I want to start working on the Guild units and AOR units. What I'm thinking of doing is editing the appropriate files to make one faction start off with the vast majority -- if not all -- of the map.
    That way, I'll have enough cities to have guilds (again after editing the right files) and be able to see which AOR units are available in their respective provinces.
    How could I do this? I tried editing the descr_strat.txt file by changing the faction_creator entry, this didn't work. Are there any other files that need editing? I found a "template.txt" file that makes references to province owners....... does this file matter?
    Of course, If anyone has a better idea about how to do this, I'd love to hear it.

And lastly, I want to begin making downloadable, printable FAUST tables. Any ideas on what info you'd like to see available?

I don't know if PB changed the availability of knight guilds to reflect the 6.4 changes. Isn't there a file that tells you which mercenaries are available where?

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign -> descr_mercenaries

Can someone tell me if the Egyptians still have Hashashim?

They need the Muslim Assassin guild in the EDB, and they're still in the EDU, available to all Muslim factions (except for Timurids).

So, Hashashim aren't included because of a mistake with the EDB.txt?
    If that's the case I won't make a page for them at this time.
    I'm sure it will be fixed in the future.

Have you guys noticed the rollover I started putting for the Unit Type? Is it working for you?

I don't see any mistakes in the files, so they should be in. However, they're scheduled for removal anyway, so don't bother with them.

The website lists the Norman Foot Knights of Sicily as 9/4, 11/8/3, but the EDU says 11/4, 6/9/5.
    Last edited by k/t; March 28, 2011 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I don't see any mistakes in the files, so they should be in. However, they're scheduled for removal anyway, so don't bother with them.

The website lists the Norman Foot Knights of Sicily as 9/4, 11/8/3, but the EDU says 11/4, 6/9/5.
    What's scheduled for removal? Unit types?

Hashashim.

They were?

Yeah, and Sherwood Archers. To make space for Georgia, no? Even without Georgia, they should be removed. And Sherwood Archers.

Sherwood archers are long gone. I think hashishim would be better depicted as perhaps an ancilliary or trait etc.

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Edit: added some more in bold.

Here's a few mistakes I'd taken notes of a while ago. Most of them you'd already fixed.

Aragon:
    -Mailed Foot Knights' have incorrect picture in the stat screen. At least all the other factions have the prussian swordsmen type picture.

HRE:
    -Early Reiters description text and unit card picture oddly placed to the right.

Leon and Castille:
    -Misspelled title The Kindomf Leon and Castille.
    -Pistoliers have 11 melee attack instead of 10.

Shahdom of Kwarezm:
    -The whole Kwarezm page is loading oddly, there's no 'Shahdom of Kwarezm' title and the black borders on the side are missing.

Kiev:
    -
    To be precise the faction name should be 'the Grand Principality of Kiev.' Doesn't matter so much as long as the faction names are recognizable and consistent on the site. Quite a lot of the factions have longer names, that's just an example.
    -
    The faction's called 'Kiev' in the title and misspelled 'Kievian Russia' on the top of the browser window (What's the official name for this part of the screen?)

Teutonic Order:
    -Christ Knights' upkeep should be 600.

Moors:
    -Crossbow Militia (ME Crossbow Militia in EDU) should have 4 armour, cost 155 and upkeep 115.

Other:
    -Polotsk Boyar Druzhina for Novgorod and Kiev should be Early Professsional and they have their missile weapon missing. They should have melee 8, missile 12 (60 missiles for 31 men, could the missile count be added? Maybe experimentally for units that have only a few javelins or something) and charge 6.

-Crossbow Militia Quality should be
    'Peasant Militia' instead of just 'Militia' for France, Aragon, Norway, Leon & Castille, Portugal, Denmark, Crusader States and Teutonic Order. IE. all but HRE. Also missing underlinings for type on some and costs are wrong for Aragon, Norway and Leon & Castille. Cost should be 115, upkeep 100. HRE one looks right all round so use it as a template.

-Crossbow Militia (EE Crossbow Militia in EDU) of Novgorod and Kiev have wrong upkeep cost, should be 100. Poland has it right, though their appearance date differs, stating they're available after the New Era Event in 1300. Is this correct? I guess you'd know best since you've waded through the EDB. I don't have the time to look into it yet. Also, missing underlinings and the Quality needs changing for these as well.

-Crossbow Militia of the Teutonic Order and Denmark misspelled as Crossbowmen in the tab and the top of the browser window.

-Crossbow Militia of France misspelled as Crossbowmen Militia in the tab and the top of the browser window

Eugh. I hope you can make sense of that.
    Last edited by SamZi; April 03, 2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added some in bold

Thanks again Samzi.
    Yes I have been going over everything quite a bit lately.
    And are you sure about The Aragon mailed foot knights? I just checked and that is the .tga file for dismounted mail knights. I could check later in the game to be sure though.