Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Default Re: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Got a few additions:

Broken Lances

Broken Lance Cavalry

Spanish Arquebusiers

Fanteria Pesante

I'm also thinking about making an RSS feed. How many people would be actually subscribe if I made one?

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    I'm also thinking about making an RSS feed. How many people would be actually subscribe if I made one?
    I would, at least. Would be good for a lot of players to know which faction(s) you're working on in case they happen to be playing with them, see new additions while the site's still incomplete.

Its all really looking fantastic Phil +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Its all really looking fantastic Phil +rep
    Thanks PB.
    There's still alot of work to do.

How do the Germans get Gendarmes? this is the EdB entry:

recruit_pool "Gendarmes" 1 0.34 1 0 requires factions { hre, } and event_counter first_watch 1 and hidden_resource france ; Burgundian Gendarmes

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Got a few additions:

Broken Lances

Broken Lance Cavalry

Spanish Arquebusiers

Fanteria Pesante

you have to change It's not Spainish but spanish
    http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2/Portuga...uebusiers.html
    Vencerei não só estes adversários mas quantos a meu Rei forem contrários

MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF y2day

Thanks PB.
    There's still alot of work to do.

How do the Germans get Gendarmes? this is the EdB entry:
    If the HRE takes control of any French regions, though it would be better if there were a 'burgundian' hidden resource but they are all used at the moment.

SamZi's Avatar Civis

HRE:
    -Halberdiers' stat screen has "Mustering Hall" typoed as "Musering Hall."
    -Musketeers' event description text is oddly positioned, and has the typo "an Royal Armoury."
    -Early Reiters typoed as "Early Rieters" in the tab.
    -Zwei Hander's upkeep should be 225.
    -Pistoliers have islamic names for stable buildings. (edit: Also applies to Venice. I went over the rest of the factions that get Pistoliers and Denmark, Sicily and Novgorod (?? russia in the EDU. That's the only file I'm looking at so correct me if I'm wrong.) were missing them. Also the Leon and Castille one had 11 melee instead of 10.)

Scotland:
    -Missing Mounted Calivermen.
    -Peasant Infantry (EDU Polearm Peasants) missing pictures.

-Crusader States missing Noble Spearmen.

All factions:
    -Peasant Infantry (EDU Polearm Peasants) have a redundant "(" after unit type. Also missing space after "hit points:"
    -Levied Peasants (EDU Peasants, Southern Peasants or EE Peasants) missing from: Byzantium, The Crusader States, Norway and Kiev.
    -Levied Peasants typoed "Levied Peasant" in the main screens of: Poland, Hungary, Kwarezm, Moors, Novgorod and Denmark.
    -All Levied Peasants' stat screens have quality typoed as "Peasants" instead of "Peasant."
    Last edited by SamZi; December 06, 2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added something in bold

major's Avatar Libertus

@Phil of Loreauville
    Are you going to do Unit Project Page for Third Age Total War RR/RC Compilation?

Quote Originally Posted by major View Post
    @Phil of Loreauville
    Are you going to do Unit Project Page for Third Age Total War RR/RC Compilation?
    No. I have absolutely have no intention of making a units site for Third Age. I could change my mind in the future, but don't count on it.
    The truth is I think I've bitten off more than I can chew. This project has taken much longer than I thought it would. The biggest cost to me has been my time. I actually have another web site..... a popular NFL/New Orleans Saints fan site that has really suffered due to my lack of involvement. (hey!...any NFL fans, PM me for the address..... I can't post it here!)
    I do plan on finishing this though. I actually have very big plans. At present, I'm at what I call "Phase II" of this site. That is, getting all the units of all factions listed with the buildings and events that effect them.
    As you can probably see I still have a ways to go with that. Samzi has actually been a big help to me in pointing out numerous errors and typos.
    Future plans include adding the Mongolians and Teutons, Mercenaries (boy! This will be fun!) FAUST tables and Guild info. I'd also love to incorporate something to discuss battle strategies. Another thing I need to do is just make it look better. What you see now is just a plain site. I hope in the future to add some eye-candy and make it more visually appealing.
    Add to this any updates that come along, and can see I have my plate full as it is.
    Last edited by Phil of Loreauville; December 11, 2010 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Question.

recruit_pool "Arquebusiers" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { } and event_counter MATCHLOCK 1
    Does this mean that all factions receive Arquebusiers at the Matchlock developed event?
    Doesn't seem so.

Fred Putz's Avatar Ordinarius

I guess the text inside the {} is optional to restrict the recruitment. If left out it should be available for all Nations with that building.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    army_barracks city requires factions { denmark, teutonic_order, jerusalem, norway, hre, france, england, moors, egypt, turks, kwarezm, poland, hungary, russia, cumans, kievan_rus, lithuania, scotland, southern_european, greek, slave, }

Corrrect me if thatīs wrong - i have no clou, just wanted to help.
    German Translation for Stainless Steel
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Alternative AI-Economy (money script) StSt 6.2 RR/RC; StSt 6.3, 6.4; TATW; CoW; Resource for Your Mod
    Alternative Recruitment StSt 6.4
    Suggestions
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Donīt forget to check out these Mods sooner or later:
    Shizoku no Senso - 1648 - Conquer the World

RockīnīRoll!

...and factions that own arquebusiers. If a faction doesn't own the unit in the EDU, the unit won't be recruitable.

@Phil of Loreauville
    I just read where you posted in April you were thinking of learning PHP. Did you ever start?
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Putz View Post
    I guess the text inside the {} is optional to restrict the recruitment. If left out it should be available for all Nations with that building.

army_barracks city requires factions { denmark, teutonic_order, jerusalem, norway, hre, france, england, moors, egypt, turks, kwarezm, poland, hungary, russia, cumans, kievan_rus, lithuania, scotland, southern_european, greek, slave, }

Corrrect me if thatīs wrong - i have no clou, just wanted to help.
    I thought that too, but I really don't think that's the case. Take the Byzantine's for example. Unless I'm missing something, they don't recruit Arquebusiers, or I could be wrong too.

Quote Originally Posted by AClockworkOrange View Post
    ...and factions that own arquebusiers. If a faction doesn't own the unit in the EDU, the unit won't be recruitable.

@Phil of Loreauville
    I just read where you posted in April you were thinking of learning PHP. Did you ever start?
    No I didn't. I actually started reading up a few years ago and got to variable arrays. That just blew me away, mostly because I didn't understand some things and everyone I talked to about it had a different way to do it.

I thought that too, but I really don't think that's the case. Take the Byzantine's for example. Unless I'm missing something, they don't recruit Arquebusiers, or I could be wrong too.
    Quote Originally Posted by AClockworkOrange View Post
    If a faction doesn't own the unit in the EDU, the unit won't be recruitable.
    We just had a look in the EDB...
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Alternative AI-Economy (money script) StSt 6.2 RR/RC; StSt 6.3, 6.4; TATW; CoW; Resource for Your Mod
    Suggestions

RockīnīRoll!

No I didn't. I actually started reading up a few years ago and got to variable arrays. That just blew me away, mostly because I didn't understand some things and everyone I talked to about it had a different way to do it.
    I see...PHP was invented exactly for websites like yours.
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Looking at the Constable of Jerusalem and came across this entry in the EDB........................
    recruit_pool "Constable of Jerusalem" 1 0.05 1 0 requires factions { jerusalem, } and hidden_resource Constable
    What is "hidden_resource Constable"?

Itīs a hidden resource
    - just used in Jerusalem. So the unit can just be built/recruited in Jerusalem.

All used hidden recources are in the descr_regions in the data/world/maps/base Folder (and the EDB of course). There was just this one entry for Constable.
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Suggestions

RockīnīRoll!

Aragon is missing Gendarmes, and the picture shown for Pistoliers is that of Early Reiters.

I'm playing as HRE, and the only places where I can get Gendarmes are Paris and Bruges, as they're the only two Huge Cities on French territory. A real gyp, since I was looking forward to using them. Oh well. I'll play as France eventually, and that's when I'll overrun the world with them.

"Corrrect me if thatīs wrong - i have no clou, just wanted to help. "

I haven't said anything until now because I think it's adorable every time you say it, but it's "clue". Keep writing "clou", though. ^^
    Last edited by k/t; January 08, 2011 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Aragon is missing Gendarmes, and the picture shown for Pistoliers is that of Early Reiters.
    Added Gendarmes to Aragon.

Are you sure about the picture? I can't even find a .tga image for Argonese Early Reiters and I thought Reiters & Pistoliers were one in the same.

In the EDU the Pistoliers are called Reiters (which Aragon gets, together with a bunch of other factions) - Late Professionals with Heavy Horse. There are also Early Reiters, which only the HRE gets - Early Professionals with Armoured Horse - and that's why there's no tga image for them.

http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2/HRE/HRE.html - you can see the different unit cards for Early Reiters and Pistoliers. On the Aragon page, the Pistoliers get the unit card that the Early Reiters have on the HRE page.

Edit: The Cuman Dismounted Bekh Druzhina in the EDU are listed as having 48 men per unit, not 60 as it says on the website.
    Last edited by k/t; January 19, 2011 at 09:17 PM.