Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Default Re: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Just noticed that the Byzantine Siphonatores have no entry for type and quality in the unit description.

Anyone know what it is?

Superior (Combination), Late Pro

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Oh, and do you mind making a line change after the weapon type like in the old style? It would make it easier to quickly glance at either the attack or defense stats.

EDIT:

Crusader States:
    -Is the Templar Guard description outdated? It says they use swords instead of poleaxes as in the pictures?
    -Do the Dismounted St.Lazarus Knights really have 5 shield points? The shield is on their back so it shouldn't give much protection if I'm not mistaken.
    -Templar Crossbowmen missing?

You gonna add the unit traits like excellent morale, good stamina, etc.? Guess you could use the empty space to the right of the unit stats for that.
    Last edited by SamZi; August 05, 2010 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamZi View Post
    Oh, and do you mind making a line change after the weapon type like in the old style? It would make it easier to quickly glance at either the attack or defense stats.

EDIT:

Crusader States:
    -Is the Templar Guard description outdated? It says they use swords instead of poleaxes as in the pictures?
    -Do the Dismounted St.Lazarus Knights really have 5 shield points? The shield is on their back so it shouldn't give much protection if I'm not mistaken.

You gonna add the unit traits like excellent morale, good stamina, etc.? Guess you could use the empty space to the right of the unit stats for that.
    Templar Guards do indeed have poleaxes, description is from 6.1 when they used swords.

I think the correct shield value in game is lower.....but I am not sure.

btw the numbers of men are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    btw the numbers of men are wrong.
    Unless you posted about this before: You are beeing a bit unspecific. Most likely (haven't checked) he is using either the standard unit size or the base one so its normal that you have different ones when you are using a non-standard unit size.

Quote Originally Posted by SamZi View Post

EDIT:

Crusader States:

I'm trying to keep everything lined up pretty even. for the sake of aesthetics. If I start adding more stuff, it will "un-balance" everything!
    I will try to mess with it, though. I have a couple of ideas of what I could do.

--The Templar Guard description does appear to be the right one. Is it what's in the game.
    -- Dismounted St. Lazz Knights looks to be incorrect. The shield looks like a -0-, as per the EDU.txt.
    -- Templar x-bowmen are missing. I'll add them soon.

I'm sorry about the lack of productivity. My full-time job has really been busy. I haven't had a full day off in 2 weeks and will not have one at least for another week.

But I promise to do what I can!

Just a little heads-up on the site.

Kind of at a bump with the latest update to the compilation. Not sure what changes have taken place, but I haven't done all the updating from the last update.
    Guys, all I can say I'm doing what I can, when I can. It's almost like a haphazard updating of the units. Trying to figure out all the availability criteria is pretty taxing. At least for me, so if you guys have any input, bring it on.
    Like I've said before, my full-time job has become very busy. Despite all our wonderful president has done to kill the oil industry, we're still steady for the moment. That and a little side-line job at an airport are taking almost all my time.
    Hey, money's money, all I could always use a little more!

Still haven't come up with a domain name. I was thinking about making all this RR/RC Comp part of a larger project. Sort of a personal blog (wordpress or joomla format) and just incorporating all the comp stuff into it.
    What do you think?
    And if I could get a little feedback on something I'm just thinking about for the future.
    At some point down the road, I really want to add some kind of platform to discuss battle tactics and strategies.
    Not sure how to do it. I've mentioned before, I'm very lacking in the advanced scripting skills catagory so I thought about a comments type format or a forum type format, but I really wanted something a little more................................, "specific"...................?

But that's down the road and I have plenty to do before then.

Thanks again for all the help!

The availabilty criteria is almost impossible to summarize, as it varies by year, tier, faction etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    The availabilty criteria is almost impossible to summarize, as it varies by year, tier, faction etc.
    True.
    All I can say is if you see a mistake, let me know and I'll fix it.

Can Venice recruit Men at Arms in the latest update?
    Looking at the EDU, it appears that they can't.
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    Can Venice recruit Men at Arms in the latest update?
    Looking at the EDU, it appears that they can't.
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Nevermind.......................
    They're listed under "Italian_MAA".

Ok need a little feedback......please.
    Like I stated before, I'm busy trying to include the units from the last update (mostly the levied and polearm peasants), but now I see that Stainless Steel 6.3 is out and I can't help but wonder what the future of this compilation will be.
    So now I'm wondering if I should even continue with the work on the site.
    On one hand I've really enjoyed doing it, but on the other...... am I just wasting my time trying to keep up when another update may be right around the corner and I'll have to start all over again........ and if this compilation is discontinued or if everyone is jumping over to SS 6.3, then what's the point?
    I know from some analytical appz I have with the site that people are going to my site and checking it out. So hopefully the unit changes are noticed. It may seem like I'm just haphazardly updating, but there is some semblance of a system I'm using ---believe it or not.
    So guys, please let me know what you think. Will there still be enough of an interest in the RC/RR comp to continue what I'm doing?

SamZi's Avatar Civis

You seem to be having some level of breakdown with your work with the site to even think such a thing. It's the only stats site for the RR/RC compilation and I'm sure there are lots of people who appreciate your effort and there will be more once people become aware of it. 6.3 shouldn't really be a concern at the moment at least. PB is working on TATW to my knowledge and won't be in a crazy hurry to integrate the RR/RC compilation into 6.3, it's a lot of work. I don't even think there's much difference in unit rosters and there should be only one new faction which is Sweden. Besides, 6.3 is quite different from the compilation and IMO inferior as it doesn't include RR, only an age old version of RC. I doubt most people to be hasty to swap to it but rather wait for an RR/RC version. I think you're just in need of some rest.

Hang in there, buddy.
    Last edited by SamZi; September 03, 2010 at 02:24 PM.

Maybe your right Samzi.
    Maybe I do just need a rest. These past few weeks have been very busy for me.
    I did pm PB to see what he had in mind to do. An updated RR/RC for 6.3 would be terrific. I know that would be alot of work though! From what I've read of SS 6.3, it looks really cool.
    One problem I think I have is my ignorance of how all the mods and sub-mods work in relation to each other. Like, what units are different between Stainless Steel and RC/RR? I know, for instance, the Byzantine units are different (thanks to the CBUR), but if I read correctly, the new SS incorporates the CBUR project.
    And like you said, maybe there's not that much difference between the units.
    I would really like to finish. I really have enjoyed making and working on the site. The help from people like yourself has been very gratifying.

Anyway, I got many of the Lithuanian units done. Researching buildings and events has been some what demanding.

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Some more mistakes I've found. I'm posting them now 'cause I won't be around for a while.
    BTW, I'm checking the stats and descriptions from the files you gave me so you don't necessarily need to double check them. I also look for additional errors when checking the files.

Poland:
    -Dismounted Piast Nobles' melee attack should be 8. Also Weapon Type line is unbolded and starts with "p>" for some reason.
    -Piast Nobles' stat screen has "Town Watch" under the castle picture.

Genoa:
    -Foot Men at Arms missing both unit card pictures (in both the main and stat screen.)
    -Genoese Crossbow Militia misspelled as "Crossbowmen" in the main screen. Also in the stat screen they're misspelled as "Crossbowmen Miltia." Their melee attack and defense skill should be 2 and hence overall defence 13. Cost should be 355, 225. Looks like you got their stats mixed up with the normal Genoese Crossbowmen along with the name.
    -Genoese Crossbowmen's type missing last L, "Early Professiona." Also, a note to Point Blank in case he happens to see this, the unit's description states they are equipped with a long sword but their stats would suggest they use swords just like the militia ones. And "than" is misspelled as "then" in both units' descriptions.

Cuman Khanate:
    -Dismounted Cuman Militia have their missile value missing, should be 3. Their attack and charge values should be 1.
    -Kasogi Senior Militia's stats look to be quite lacking. First off they shouldn't have a missile weapon. Attack and charge should be 2. Armour should be (overall 12,) 5, 2, 5. Another note to PB, the description is a bit of a mess. The short description is just the name of the unit. I suggest changing this to mention they're spear and shield wielding militia. The description has some typos: "cavalery" and "insurmounatble." And "anyone" should be changed to "any."
    -Steppe Alans and Dismounted Cuman Militia have the same picture. Not sure which is incorrect. The Steppe Alans' stats look like ones of a heavy cavalry unit. Their stats should be as follows: soldiers 60 (or 63? ), melee 1, missile 4, weapon type missile, overall defense 7, rest 0, 4, 3. Cost 285, 120. Oddly enough, the unit's description doesn't mention the bow at all.
    The Cumans' stats seem to have quite a lot of mistakes, these are just for starters.

HRE:
    -Missing units: Crossbow Militia and Halberd Militia.
    -"Zwei hander" should be "Zweihander." (EDIT: oh wait, it is Zwei Hander ingame. Is it the second one in the dictionary line in the EDU that determines what it appears as in-game?) Also their attack should be 9 and charge 6. Armor 7, defense skill 8 and overall defense 15. Upkeep cost 225.

Venice:
    -Some missing units: Cavalry Militia, Feudal Knights, Urban Militias, Arquebusiers, Broken Lances and Broken Lance Cavalry.
    -Dismounted Men at Arms attack should be 7 and armor 12, overall defense 22.
    -Halberd Men at Arms are missing the picture in the stat screen and their description is that of militia units. Quality should be Superior, type Early Professionals.

Aragon:
    -Missing Arbalesters.
    -Aragonese Men at Arms are missing picture in the stat screen.

Novgorod:
    -Missing unit card pictures: Eastern Spearmen, Arquebusiers, Berdiche Axemen (the latter 2 also missing the stat screen ones.)

Other:
    -Eastern Spearmen's unit card picture in the main screen missing from Novgorod, Kiev and Poland.
    -Scholarii's description typo "...armed with a heavy spear and amace." should be "and mace."
    -Moorish Urban Militias missing picture in stat screen.
    -Arbalesters (Aventurier in EDU) stats are inconsistent. Factions: France, Leon & Castille, Aragon (missing the unit), Genoa and Venice.
    -Seljuk Sultanate Janissary Arquebusiers' description ends in "{}" and they have the same picture as the Janissary Musketeers, not sure if this is right.

No rush.
    Last edited by SamZi; September 06, 2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typos, "zwei hander"

Samzi,
    You are a machine.
    An error-checking machine.

I would have to say that even with 6.3 this project is still awesome.....the rosters are the same in both mods, with very few differences because 6.3 is based off of the October RR/RC update.

Keep up the great work!!!

“Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, & it will never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister

"The North remembers" Wyman The Godfather Manderly

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKiller2000 View Post
    I would have to say that even with 6.3 this project is still awesome.....the rosters are the same in both mods, with very few differences because 6.3 is based off of the October RR/RC update.

Keep up the great work!!!
    I haven't looked at 6.3 extensively, but it appears the only difference is PB's comp has upgraded peasants.
    The pictures in the unit description screen is different on many cases also.

Just a little update.
    I got another domain and separated the this site from another previous site I have.
    The new address is http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2.
    Using the old address should bring you to it.

In other news, I'm in the process of updating to reflect the additions and subtractions of buildings and events. Actually, this is taking more time than I thought. The file that contains this info is very complicated and lengthy.

I get the impression that PB is going to be updating the comp in the future to include the latest Stainless Steel.
    That's good news to me. I'm not sure what all is involved in updating it, but I'll just keep plugging away at my site until futher notice.
    So update your bookmarks!

You guys don't realize how bad I just want to sit down and start a new campaign!