Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Default Re: Hey... Could I get a little feedback here?

If it says 6,8,5, it means the armor is 6, the skill is 8, the shield is 5.

Search for the name of the faction in question and find every instance of it. That will guide you to all its units.

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

THIS IS THE FIFTH ING TIME I TYPE THIS POST .
    ing stupid retarded browser .

*breathes in*

So yeah, the export_descr_unit file doesn't really spell it out, but it's pretty easy to figure out:

Stats as shown in the game:
    Attack
    Missile attack
    Charge
    Armor
    Def skill
    Shield
    Armor + skill + shield = total def
    Hit points

There is also some unseen stats, like attack delay and range, that are also important:
    Attack delay (1/10ths of a second, so 75 is 7.5 seconds)
    Range

For infantry, they mainly use only one type of weapon, so

Code:
    stat_health      1, 1
    stat_pri         10, 5, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, axe, 75, 1
    stat_pri_attr    ap
    stat_sec         0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  5, 5, 0, metal
    Some also have javelins that they throw before entering combat. In this case the _pri line describes their javelins, and the _sec their swords.

Code:
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         12, 3, quality_javelin, 60, 2, thrown, missile_mechanical, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    area, thrown, prec
    stat_sec         5, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, axe, 45, 1
    stat_sec_attr    ap
    stat_pri_armour  5, 4, 5, metal
    For missile units, the _pri lines describes the missile weapons, and the _sec describes their secondary weapons.

Code:
    stat_health      1, 2
    stat_pri         14, 2, early_arquebus_bullet, 90, 12, missile, missile_gunpowder, piercing, none, musket_shot_set, 400, 1
    stat_pri_attr    area
    stat_sec         3, 2, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 45, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  0, 5, 0, flesh
    For cavalry units, the pri line is their lances and the second swords/maces/whatever. Missile cavalry is the same as missile infantry.

Code:
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         8, 7, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 45, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         9, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 30, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  13, 2, 5, metal
    It might sound complicated but if you are determined, you'll catch it pretty fast
    About the "what faction can build what", you can trust the campaign queues here. Some units have the faction at ownership but they actually can only build it in custom battles.
    Also, if you really don't want to use the text file, you can use what you see in the campaign but decrease -1 attack for any experience color (1 for bronze,1 for silver and 1 for gold, so a unit with 1 to 3 gold chevrons will still only have an additional 3 attack), -1 attack for weapon upgrade, and -1 armor for any armor upgrade color (again, bronze-silver-gold)
    Last edited by axnsan; May 07, 2010 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axnsan View Post
    THIS IS THE FIFTH ING TIME I TYPE THIS POST .
    ing stupid retarded browser .

*breathes in*
    Dude! I'm really sorry to cause so much stress! Your making me feel bad!

But thanks, both of you.

Yeah, I think I can dig through the EDU.txt now and get what I need. Thinking about it, it really isn't much.
    Oh, and I didn't notice if my question about units common to several factions all having the same stats was answered.
    Like are Feudal Knights, Men at Arms, Spear Militia, Levy Archers etc, etc pretty much all the same across the board?

Some also have javelins that they throw before entering combat. In this case the _pri line describes their javelins, and the _sec their swords.
    Thanks for clearing this up. I was confused about the secondary weapon for melee units.
    And what are the "campaign queues"?

I'm not going to get much done today. Getting really busy at work right now. Worked until 3:00 AM last night getting a helicopter ready to help out with that big oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico clean-up.

Oh, but I do have 1 [MORE] question.
    I was working on Scotland, doing my fast-forward all events things, and after all major events have taken place, with all buildings constructed, I don't see any firearm units that can be recruited. Using this method with the other factions, by turn 25, everything up to Late Musketeers can be recruited.
    But after almost 30 turns with the Scots, there aren't any musketeers, pistoliers, arquebusers or any firearm units.
    Are firearm units available to Scotland?

Yes, all factions have the same stats if the unit entry they use is the same.

Queue = what you can recruit from your cities castles. So what you can recruit in a settlement with maxed production buildings and all events completed is pretty much all they have available.

Yeah it seems they don't have gunpowder units. Not one of them has scotland at ownership.

I think Feudal Knights are Superior for Scotland and Denmark and Elite for other factions.

Well then they use different entries. You just need to keep an eye on the ownership line.

Ok, this sucks.

Just in case you haven't noticed, the website is down.
    When I try to call, I get the "this number has been disconnected" message and since it's Saturday, the office is closed so I can't go and see what's up.
    What's even better is my other site that actually makes me a few bucks is down too along with my email.
    All I can say is I'll try to get everything up as soon as possible.
    Thanks for all the input.

Cheap web hosting...........................worth every penny.

Can anyone recommend a good web host?

Ok, finally got my ...... problem resolved.
    Something to do with the data being corrupted and unable to be accessed. My provider claims it will never, never, NEVER happen again.
    Well, we'll just see about that.
    I think I've got everything back up, but I'm looking thought it all right now.

Sorry.

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

This looks great! Can't wait until you have the Rus' factions in there . If I had more time I would help.

EDIT: You should change the thread title to what the website is about, it'll gather more interest

Just a quick heads-up.
    If you were having a problem viewing (your browser wanted to download files...) I fixed it, but you'll have to clear your cache.

Sorry.

If you haven't finished in a month or so, I can help with this (with the numbers and stuff anyway) if you need.

Or even better, are you planning on expanding the site much? Expanding the unit blurbs and adding in strategies, information about the factions, etc. would be something I'd be very interested in doing.

Quote Originally Posted by themoob View Post
    If you haven't finished in a month or so, I can help with this (with the numbers and stuff anyway) if you need.

Or even better, are you planning on expanding the site much? Expanding the unit blurbs and adding in strategies, information about the factions, etc. would be something I'd be very interested in doing.
    Yes, like I keep saying, after I get all the units up I plan on trying a bunch of stuff, like articles and info on factions and units. Things like links or trackbacks of various other articles on the web about respective units.
    I'd eventually like to incorporate everything into a CMS like Wordpress or Joomla, that way people can contribute comments and such.
    Battle tactics and strategies will be a part of the site as well.
    But first things first.
    I'm currently about 50% done with Norway, should be done tomorrow.

Could be finished with Norway already, but the wife made me do things like pick up the kids and go with her to look at cell phones!!

SHE HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME THE WEBSITE COULD WAIT!
    Can you believe it!?!?!?

I can help with the stuff about the Rus' factions, as well as basic stuff on most other European factions. So when you need that stuff, hit me up.

Lol! Turn the situation to your advantage, get her a phone with roaming internet, and hop on the website all the time!

Hum, perhaps with cavalry you could include their sword attack as well since the primary attack value is only with the lance?

Also, Scotland is missing the mounted calivermen

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    Hum, perhaps with cavalry you could include their sword attack as well since the primary attack value is only with the lance?
    That's a thought.

Also, Scotland is missing the mounted calivermen
    I'm not seeing that. What building makes Mounted Calivermen and when?

recruit_pool "Mounted Calivermen" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { scotland, } and event_counter first_watch 1 and hidden_resource scotland or hidden_resource ireland

Under king's stables.

That said, I'm not sure anymore what version I'm using since I haven't played in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    recruit_pool "Mounted Calivermen" 1 0.13 1 0 requires factions { scotland, } and event_counter first_watch 1 and hidden_resource scotland or hidden_resource ireland

Under king's stables.

That said, I'm not sure anymore what version I'm using since I haven't played in a while.
    Can Scotland build a King's Stable?

Hrm, apparently not :/ That's silly, why would they have recruitment lines there...

It doesn't look like it to me. Scotland isn't listed in the export_descr_buildings.txt as one of the factions that can build them.

I'm thinking about making another thread. But title it along the lines of "RR/RC Compliation Units Page Project" or something like that.
    Maybe get a little more exposure and thus a better chance to get some questions answered.
    Now that I have a few factions listed, it will look better.