Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Default Re: Hey... Could I get a little feedback here?

Quote Originally Posted by zlikovac View Post
    Venice: Men at arms have 2 entries
    That's what I'm talking about.
    I also noticed I didn't have an entry for the Carroccio Standard -- added that.

You guys probably already know this, but just in case you don't---------------------

There's a lot of units in this game!

Hungary, not Hungry :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zlikovac View Post
    Hungary, not Hungry :-)
    DUUUHHHH!!!

Boy do I feel silly.

Fixing it now.

It's what Jeff Foxworthy calls it.

Some things I noticed;

In the English section, I get a 404 error when I click on Yeoman Archers.

In the Hungarian section, the image for the Crossbowmen is the same as the Croat Axemen. Feudal Foot Knights also have the same image as the mounted variety.

In the Holy Roman Empire section, I get no images at all for the Verlorene Haufe.

In the Byzantium section, I can't get the Pronoiarii page to to show anything.

I don't know if any of the problems are directly related to my computer or not, but I thought it might help to point them out.

All that aside, I think that the site is well done, and I look forward to it being completed.

Thanks bug. I appreciate the feedback.
    I think I'm just getting in a hurry.

Is the drop-down box working ok? It seems every time I look at it I find some mistake.

The drop down box works great.
    I still don't see the in game type picture box for the Verlorene Haufe, and the dismounted feudal knights for Hungary still have the mounted image.
    And am I imagining things, or did the Shahdom of Khwarezmia get replaced by the French?

Quote Originally Posted by bug_reeper View Post
    The drop down box works great.
    I still don't see the in game type picture box for the Verlorene Haufe, and the dismounted feudal knights for Hungary still have the mounted image.
    And am I imagining things, or did the Shahdom of Khwarezmia get replaced by the French?
    Ok Bug,
    I think I've got it right now.
    I really need to slow down. I'm trying to cram in getting this done between everything else, hence, all the little mistakes.
    I really wanted to get the Crusader states done tonight, but it might have to wait. Had a very long day on a job that the guy didn't pay-up what was agreed.
    And to top it off, I got a sun burn doing it.

I just want to get all the factions up, in the format that is present because I have some ideas on some other things I want to try. Like I keep saying, the biggest thing I'm trying to do is just get the unit info up in a "navigable" fashion (is navigable a word?? ). After that's done, I'll throw in a few more whistles and bells.

Just take your time for it. You will make less mistakes and will have to preform less corrections, saving you time in the end.

I would only upload a faction after it's 100% finished, this way we can correct it for you right here.

Again, good initiative

Kulgan

The site looks great, though might i suggest that at some time in the future you add each units' special traits.

Effective against armour, frightens enemy troops, can form spear wall, etc.

Sometimes they can really make or break a units usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Llama_Clan View Post
    The site looks great, though might i suggest that at some time in the future you add each units' special traits.

Effective against armour, frightens enemy troops, can form spear wall, etc.

Sometimes they can really make or break a units usefulness.
    Thanks, and yes. Your suggestion is definitely in the plans. I eventually want to have a whole page with just the unit and stats for each faction.............. a "FAUST" is what I think it's called. Maybe even offer it as a printable PDF.

Foot knights of jerusalem lead me to:

Not Found

The requested URL /jerusalem/Foot_Knights_Of_Jerusalem.html was not found on this server.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

U have some errors in unit stats, apart from that everything is OK

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    Foot knights of jerusalem lead me to:

Not Found

The requested URL /jerusalem/Foot_Knights_Of_Jerusalem.html was not found on this server.
    I think it's fixed now. I'm also finding a lot of images missing.
    I don't know what the deal is, but I'm having more than a little trouble FTP'ing the files. Used 2 different appz with the same results so I wonder if it's a problem with my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrock View Post
    U have some errors in unit stats, apart from that everything is OK
    Can you tell me which ones specifically?

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

HRE, French, Polish, Hungarian Spear Militia have an additional +1 armor
    Urban Crossbowmen should have +2 armor
    Eastern Spearmen should have 7 shield value instead of 0
    some units, like Levy Archers and peassants, have 1 armor instead of 0
    Polan Pavise Spears should have +1 def. Skill.
    Venice Spears segeants have armor 8!
    Venice hammer guys shouldha ve total def. 20

that's for now...

The click on picture of the french feudal knights is that of french feudal footknights.

Byzatium Sparthati tou vaselos ( sp incorrect ) have 0 shield value.

Crusader states :
    - Armenians of Cilicia are mercenaries not recruitable troops
    - Dismounted lazarus : I'm not sure but isn't 4 attack low for a two handed axe wielded by a knight?

The rosters containing templars should also have hospitallers? And the other way around offcourse.
    And the Crusader Knights, Pilgrims etc, should they be in the rosters as well?

Happy to help

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrock View Post
    HRE, French, Polish, Hungarian Spear Militia have an additional +1 armor
    Urban Crossbowmen should have +2 armor
    Eastern Spearmen should have 7 shield value instead of 0
    some units, like Levy Archers and peassants, have 1 armor instead of 0
    Polan Pavise Spears should have +1 def. Skill.
    Venice Spears segeants have armor 8!
    Venice hammer guys shouldha ve total def. 20

that's for now...
    OK, I am freaking out.
    All I can say is I'd swear that I got the info right from the info boxes when you right click on unit card. Is it safe to assume that units like Levy archers, urban spear militia, Feudal Knights all have the same stats regardless of faction?
    Now that I'm thinking about it, Venice probably has several typos.

And, I just pulled up French and Polish Spear Militia in the game. The armor is definitely a 0. Not saying you're wrong because I realize I don't have a really good grasp of the game's mechanics or the text files. Just want to know why I see a 0 when it should be 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulgan View Post
    The click on picture of the french feudal knights is that of french feudal footknights.

Byzatium Sparthati tou vaselos ( sp incorrect ) have 0 shield value.

Crusader states :
    - Armenians of Cilicia are mercenaries not recruitable troops
    - Dismounted lazarus : I'm not sure but isn't 4 attack low for a two handed axe wielded by a knight?

The rosters containing templars should also have hospitallers? And the other way around offcourse.
    And the Crusader Knights, Pilgrims etc, should they be in the rosters as well?

Happy to help
    I was wondering about the Armenians.
    The way I'm doing it is, basically playing with cheats and a modified descr_events.txt file that has all the events that effect unit recruitment happening in about 25 turns.
    It's crude, but I can't think of anything else.
    I'm sure you realize the Crusader States start with some Armenian units in a couple of cities. I looked at the EDU.txt file and found this for Armenians of Cilicia

Code:
    ownership        slave, jerusalem, knights_templar, turks
    So I assumed they maybe could be recruitable in some regions, like an AOR unit? My thinking was the same for Pilgrams.
    Like I said, I'm still trying to get a grasp on some of these units.

As far as the Hospitalers and Templars, I included these because they can be recruitable with certain buildings. I'm thinking now maybe I should change that to something else.

Fixed the dismounted lazarus dudes.

Guys, I do appreciate the help. All this data is starting to get a little over-whelming.

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Seriously, just look in the file for all of them. In the game they will most likely get some exp or armor upgrade when recruited and will mess up your stats.

Quote Originally Posted by axnsan View Post
    Seriously, just look in the file for all of them. In the game they will most likely get some exp or armor upgrade when recruited and will mess up your stats.
    yeah, I realized why that is the reason the stats are off.
    Bummer.

What files do I look? The .txt files I've looked at I find very hard to figure out what the say about stats like armor and attack and all. Is there something that specifically spells out things like "Feudal Knights of France have an attack of 9 or a defensive skill of 12"?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    yeah, I realized why that is the reason the stats are off.
    Bummer.

What files do I look? The .txt files I've looked at I find very hard to figure out what the say about stats like armor and attack and all. Is there something that specifically spells out things like "Feudal Knights of France have an attack of 9 or a defensive skill of 12"?
    Ok, I dug into the EDU.txt.
    Think I figured out how to get most of the stats.
    BUT............................................................
    Using the .txt files, how could I take a faction, and figure out all the various units that could be recruited by that faction? And where can I see what image files are used for for each respective unit?