Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Default Re: The R/R R/C Compilation Units Project Page

Thanks Samzi, that's a pretty long list! I will say the Ritterbruders and Foot Ritterbruders seem to be correct. If your refering to the ".." over the "u", well, I haven't figured out how to create that symbol with the GIMP text tool.

I think I fixed them all. Venice, Byzantine a Germany were actually the first factions I started with, and consequently, the ones with the most mistakes.
    And yes, the Crusader States uses the same unit card for Spearmen and Spear Militia. Guess I should split them up, huh?

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    I will say the Ritterbruders and Foot Ritterbruders seem to be correct.
    Foot Ritterbruders are missing the "s" in the main screen. And yeah I was also referring to the "ü" but that's alright.

Looks like you forgot the Menaulatoi unit card from the info screen.

Keep up the great work!

I'm going to be away for a few days. Won't be back until Sunday, so there isn't going to be any updates till next week. I'll be offshore on an oil rig, so I may not even have internet access.
    Just keep on proof reading.
    If you notice any more units missing, let me know.
    (I know Venice is incomplete).
    Thanks again for all the input.
    'Preciate Ya!

I just wanted to say the site looks great and it's pretty useful. In GIMP, you can copy and paste the u's with the umlauts. For example, if you have a word/text processor, you can create the letter with the accent there and then copy and paste it into GIMP. Or, if twcenter allows it, copy and paste this:
    Ü or Ü
    (Alright, the umlaut over the u is showing up on my computer...wasn't sure if twcenter allowed utf-8 or other character encoding.)

If you're using GIMP on linux, I know for sure KDE makes it extremely easy to switch keyboard and character sets. I assume xfce and gnome would have similar functions.
    Last edited by AClockworkOrange; May 28, 2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: umlauts...
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Or just use the ASCII code.
    Hold down the Left Alt button. Type 0252 on the keypad (not the numbers over the letters) and release the Left Alt button. Result = ü

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Looking good Phil
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; May 28, 2010 at 03:47 AM.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

SamZi's Avatar Civis

-Feudal Knights for Scotland, HRE, Hungary and Norway should be Superior quality by the looks of their melee stats. (I'm sure at least Scotland has superior.)
    -Sicily's Halberd Militia seem to have had their stats mixed up with Halberd Men At Arms. Their stats should be much lower.
    -Sicilio-Norman Foot Knights have an incorrect charge value of 34.
    -Spearmen Sergeants for England, HRE and Sicily have an incorrect charge value of 12. The remaining Spearmen Sergeants (for Venice and France) have completely differing stats all the way to the cost (Sicily's Sergeants have the same costs though.) I've no idea if they're supposed to be varying like that. My old EDU (has them as Armored Sergeants) seem to look more like France and Venice's in terms of stats.

-Musketeers have zero armour yet they have 9 Defense (England, Aragon and Sicily.)
    -Fatimid typoed everywhere as Fatamid.
    -I'm not certain but don't the HRE and Venice get Halberd Militia? Venice is also missing some gunpowder units (not sure whether they get Muskets or Arquebuses or what.)
    -The Moors' Sudanese Javelinmen are typoed "Javlinmen" in the info screen.

I haven't had a thorough look at the latest factions as of yet.

Can a mod or someone fix the topic typoes please?
    Last edited by SamZi; June 03, 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    I'm going to be away for a few days. Won't be back until Sunday, so there isn't going to be any updates till next week. I'll be offshore on an oil rig, so I may not even have internet access.
    Just keep on proof reading.
    If you notice any more units missing, let me know.
    (I know Venice is incomplete).
    Thanks again for all the input.
    'Preciate Ya!
    Great work, another +rep! I have a good mate who works on a big rig off Timor, really enjoys the job.

OK, fixed most of the issues listed, though I'm looking into the quality of the Feudal knights (but your're probably right).

Quote Originally Posted by SamZi View Post
    -

-Spearmen Sergeants for England, HRE and Sicily have an incorrect charge value of 12. The remaining Spearmen Sergeants (for Venice and France) have completely differing stats all the way to the cost (Sicily's Sergeants have the same costs though.) I've no idea if they're supposed to be varying like that. My old EDU (has them as Armored Sergeants) seem to look more like France and Venice's in terms of stats.
    I have to admit, the whole deal with Spearmen-Spearmen Sergeants-Sergent Spearmen-Armored Sergents-Spear Militia I've found a bit confusing. I'm slowly started to get it I think.

The first few factions I did -- Germany, Byzantine, Venice and Egypt will have quite a few mistakes I'm afraid. They were the ones I started out with before I was educated about the EDU.txt file. Believe it or not but I've personally corrected several mistakes already from those factions.

I bet the mercenaries are going to be fun.

Ok, I'm a little confused...................
    Are the Feudal Knights of Germany, Scotland, Norway & Denmark actually German Feudal Knights and thus have an Attack of 4 instead of the attack of 7 for all other Feudal knights??

Some of them are elite and some of them are superior. I don't remember if the attack is different.

Yes, as k/t says they are only Superior, not Elite. Their unit description still just says 'Feudal Knights'.

This is what I'm seeing in the unit description screen. First one is English Feudal Knights, second is Scotland.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Recruitment cost is also different.

Yes that's correct.

The English ones are impetuous, so they probably started with 5 defense and dropped to 4 while their attack went from 6 to 7. That's my understanding of how the system works.

I suppose there's no reason for me to write that.

English Knights are Elite, the Feudal Knights of some factions such as HRE, Scotland had a reputation for being rather low quality (HRE) or did not have a tradition of mounted combat (Scotland), hence they are superior not elite.

SamZi's Avatar Civis

The site's been down for a few days, what's happening?

Works fine on my end..

Should be up......................................
    But, it has been down a couple of times lately. Had to call my server twice last week about it.

Just finished with the Danish units, still have Spain and Genoa to do, then I plan on adding The Mongols and the Teutons.

I haven't been able to devote much time to it lately. Been extremely busy with work and things around the house..... and it's not slowing down any.
    Will do what I can this week though.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what the differences between vanilla ss compared to rr/rc aside from units

help?