Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sponge mod

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: Sponge mod

good luck mate your work always looks good,
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

These units are fantastic - can't wait for mod release +REP to you (sorry to hear about your computer, I do hope you sort it soon mate) thanks again & by the way the three russian units are also fab - cheers
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Lexandro81's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    I get always the ambition to add one unit again, but now there is enough stuff. So many hours I spent on it and in one second it's gone, but it's look good for me.
    Now I stop the work on some new units (2nd hungarian, denmark, westfallen, wurttenberg, netherland, prussian officers and drummers) and do the "must be" things (add texture files I wanted before crash and add units to buildings) and release it.

Carefully said, the release could be next week at weekend, if I get the hdd today and can do some things on weekend.
    I can understand that you have the ambition to add more and more units and you love this work.
    BUT, I would love to play with this beautiful units and not only to see them on pictures
    You/we are really lucky that you could save the data for this units and you saved them on an other partition than your windows.

So I will wait nervously till next weekend and hope to play with your fantastic units

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

We start yesterday the scan and repair of windows. It needs so long, that I went home and will know today, if it's ready. Seems I will lost the best time for modding - the weekend. I will see today .
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

We start yesterday the scan and repair of windows. It needs so long, that I went home and will know today, if it's ready. Seems I will lost the best time for modding - the weekend. I will see today .
    I really hope all goes well, theres a lot of us looking forward to your mod, good luck my friend.

NEWS: I tried everything at weekend to repair it, but no success . Never again an expencive hardware. I have Western Digital hdd. It's always the same quality as the cheap one. It's better to buy cheap and save the data as buy expencive and thing it's good and lost all data.

The next days I will buy a new hdd and coninue the work.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

NEWS: I tried everything at weekend to repair it, but no success . Never again an expencive hardware. I have Western Digital hdd. It's always the same quality as the cheap one. It's better to buy cheap and save the data as buy expencive and thing it's good and lost all data.

The next days I will buy a new hdd and coninue the work.
    That's terrible news, I'm so sorry for you, if you need any help let me know.

mate I feel for you, good luck putting remaking them all as POM says anything you need just ask, you to are much better at the skinning/models so I can pack them easily for you
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Thanks guys. Maybe I need really help. If I'm ready with the new hdd, I will need many things to install and set up, so I would need someone, who add the units to building as vanilla are (guards are availabe in the last buiding aso.).

I would need help now too. Which hdd SATA-300 should I buy? I need 160-250GB max. It should be fast.

any of the pack files I can do easily, buildings allowed, unit tables, etc. etc., just upload any images/dds and models needed.

Re. hardware personally I would ask irishron or MrMM

My choice is the Western Digital WD5001AALS 500 GB. The price is ok and the power is good.

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

My choice is the Western Digital WD5001AALS 500 GB. The price is ok and the power is good.
    Hope this works out for you. Keep it up

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Hi joedreck! I found these two pics on net that might give you some inspiration.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    Hi joedreck! I found these two pics on net that might give you some inspiration.

Best of luck!
    Thanks for pictures, but I will not do something agian on models or textures. The most important thing is now the release. I will get the HDD this week and I hope I rescued my mod.

OK. The hdd is online. One big problem with the mod. All textures are brown/black, which don't have the vanilla names.

For example:

euro_line_infantry_austria works fine.
    euro_line_infantry2_austria are brown/black.

The models works fine. The textures are ok. I've tested in PS. DB Editor shows all files.

Do someone know this problem and can help?
    Last edited by joedreck; June 13, 2010 at 03:51 AM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

OK. The hdd is online. One big problem with the mod. All textures are brown/black, which don't have the vanilla names.

For example:

euro_line_infantry_austria works fine.
    euro_line_infantry2_austria are brown/black.

The models works fine. The textures are ok. I've tested in PS. DB Editor shows all files.

Do someone know this problem and can help?
    If I remember correctly this means the textures are corrupt? i would redownload your mod and look at the textures again? also look at the warscape_animated_lod table and ensure that the entries are correct in there for the unit?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    If I remember correctly this means the textures are corrupt? i would redownload your mod and look at the textures again? also look at the warscape_animated_lod table and ensure that the entries are correct in there for the unit?
    No, that can't be the reason. As you see on pictures, it worked. The problem is, that the mod worked before my HDD crashed. Now I try an backup from 23.05 and some more textures works. Could it be, that it have something to do with the new installation of Empire (I has in my old installation all patches)?

it also happens when for some reason the descriptions do not match, or if the MOD cannot find the texture link

Mhhh. I do install steam in E/Games/Steam. In my old system it was installed in E/Steam, but I don't think it should be the problem, cause it is save in the mod pack. Maybe the crash destroyed the mod. I use now an early one and it seems to show the most textures, but lost many new things. I will release it as it is, so many people will have the backup for me , if I will crash it again.

The mod is added on first side!!!