Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Sponge mod

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Sponge mod

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    I will be happy to help you with the french roster and french unit models.
    I have a lot of documents about french units and I hope I'll be able to adapt or create french models.

I've posted some reseach about French roster here : Roster - France.pdf

Great work +Rep
    Thanks you very much. Only because of your help I can add the dragoons and soon cuirassiers to the mod.

The french will base on follow source: http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...le=French_Army

It could looks like this:

Maison du Roi:
    Gardes du corps
    Mousquetaires de la Garde

Gardes Françaises
    Gardes Suisses

They will be same strong as cuirassiers or grenadiers, but with higher moral an limited to 1, because of the balance.

French Line Infantry:
    Picardie
    Piémont
    Royal
    Grenadiers de France

With 3 different colors for infantry and the classic french grenadiers.

German Line Infantry:
    Bentheim

Important to have a color, which is different, then prussian, hesse aso.

Irish Line Infantry:
    Bulkeley

Italian Line Infantry:
    Royal Italien

Scottish Line Infantry:
    Royal Écossais

Swiss Line Infantry:
    Jenner

A very big roster of units. Maybe I make for french infantry 3 fusliliers + grenadiers de france and for the other a fusilier + grenadier. So they would have 14 infantry units. The model could be based on CA's model, which are used often by modders for early units.

Gendarmerie d France:
    Gendarmes Écossais

Stats like cuirassiers.

Heavy Cavalry:
    Colonel Général
    Royal
    Cuirassiers du Roy

Stats like cuirassiers.

Gentleman Regiments:
    Archiac

Stats like cuirassiers.

Hussars:
    Bercheny

Dragoons:
    Colonel Général
    Orléans

I count ca. 26 units. This is the reason, why I'm not start with them. It's extremly much of work, but french was one of the most important empires in this time and should get a good unit roster. I can't make mounted unit models, so this could be your work wangrin .
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

You should add "Grenadier à cheval" from Ornamentum and "Gendarmes à Cheval de la Garde" (not the same than "Gendarmerie de France", but similar model) to the "Maison du Roi.
    "Chevau-légers de la Garde" are very similar to Gendarmerie de France".

Gendarmerie de France replace cuirassiers as "elite cavalry", but with (even) better stats.
    About cavalry, the 7th horse regiment (Cuirassiers du Roi) is a unique unit and the only one to wear a complete cuirass.
    You should add the 12th horse regiment (Carabiniers du Roi), a very important one. Should act as elite cavalry.

You should/could add some "provincial infantry" units :
    - Milice de France ;
    - Grenadiers du Roi ;

And some Marines too :
    - Bombardiers de la Marine (act as elite artillery and maybe could form a grenadier-like unit);
    - Garde de la Marine (act as marines) ;

The problem with this roster is you don't have light infantry units, and the problem with those units is they were plenty of them with very different uniforms.

Here are some very interesting sources :

Books :
    - "Histoire de l'ancienne infanterie française", Volume 1 to 8, written by general Louis Susanne, 1849 ;
    - "Histoire de l'ancienne infanterie française", Volume 9, uniform plates ;
    Those books are available for free :
    - google books
    - archives.org (complete collection)

Links :
    - Nec Pluribus Impar : very interesting plates and uniform pictures (French language);
    - Praeteri Fides, exemplunque Futuri : very interesting plates (French language);
    - Les uniformes de l'Armée Française - 1690 à 1894) : very useful plates ;

I'm very, very interested in and I'll help you as much as possible.

It's a very big project, but a great one too

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

@Pom
    Thanks.
    I overworked one of the prussians rgts and it's now my favorite. It's looks sooo great. With the new dragoons it's really awesome too. I'm a fan of my own units . I'm looking forward to destroy your venice units with my prussians, cause they declared war on me after I attacked austria .
    You have to be a fan of your own stuff otherwise you would stop modding, I like mine, and as for destroying Venice, I'll need to get an update out and add in some more units, can't let you beat my boys

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pom♔ View Post
    You have to be a fan of your own stuff otherwise you would stop modding, I like mine, and as for destroying Venice, I'll need to get an update out and add in some more units, can't let you beat my boys
    Maybe it's seems like I would love myself, but I'm very critical with myself and my work. As longer I watch at a model and texture as more I see things I could be make better. The point is to find the time to say "enough, this is ok" and I think I found it for this prussian unit.

I can't wait to share my new modifications with you all. I hope hammer are ready soon with the modifications
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Hi joedreck. Just whanted to stop by to ask if theres anny plans of a new release of this mod soon. Also, have you done anny french/spanish units? I think you should consider using the grenadier hat from ornamentum Grenadiers de France for french grenadiers, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    Hi joedreck. Just whanted to stop by to ask if theres anny plans of a new release of this mod soon. Also, have you done anny french/spanish units? I think you should consider using the grenadier hat from ornamentum Grenadiers de France for french grenadiers, just a thought.
    Hi,
    I download for 1 minute the cuirassier models (wangrin helped me to put parts together ). Thanks wangrin !!! I wait for hammer now. He should send me the mod, which he splited in factions. I hope he send me soon.

French and spanish I will start to make after the release (wangrin will help me), cause it'sthe most work of all I think and I don't want to have to many things after construction. The ornamentum french grenadier is ok, but I want the one from kronoskaf.

I will release next beta next week. It's my test mod, so there are many new things .

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    Hi,
    I download for 1 minute the cuirassier models (wangrin helped me to put parts together ). Thanks wangrin !!! I wait for hammer now. He should send me the mod, which he splited in factions. I hope he send me soon.

French and spanish I will start to make after the release (wangrin will help me), cause it'sthe most work of all I think and I don't want to have to many things after construction. The ornamentum french grenadier is ok, but I want the one from kronoskaf.

I will release next beta next week. It's my test mod, so there are many new things .

Yeah well, probably not a good idea to rush things. The work youv'e done so far is amazing. Looking forward to nest realease

Here are some prussian cavalry units:

Thanks to wangrin for help with the models. I see a small bug I made. Cuirassiers and draggons had not the big pompoms, but a black cockade.

The new cuirassier with cockade and some changes on the cuirass .

P.S. 2 denmark Rgts.
    Last edited by joedreck; September 26, 2010 at 07:07 AM.

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Hi. Your new units looks very nice

I was wondering if you could make a freikorp unit for prussia if you got time.
    The regiment's name is Frei-Grenadier vom Korps des Majors v. Schony or Major Schony's frei-grenadier korps in english (i think), and here is a pic for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeat View Post
    Hi. Your new units looks very nice

I was wondering if you could make a freikorp unit for prussia if you got time.
    The regiment's name is Frei-Grenadier vom Korps des Majors v. Schony or Major Schony's frei-grenadier korps in english (i think), and here is a pic for reference.
    There is a freicorp in, but not the grenadiers. I thought about make grenadiers too, but have no time to look at it closer.

I try to make at the moment the basic units. I've made 2 infantry units for denmark, for russia cuirassiers for the new model, dragoons and the horse grenadiers with the russian mitre.

Lexandro81's Avatar Centenarius

Hey joedreck,

just a question:

Why don't you call this thread: "7 years war! - includes units for 1,2,3,4, (formally SpongeMod)" , because I think it would help people to recognize what a wonderful mod you are creating here and Sponge mod is a little bit diffusing if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Lexandro81 View Post
    Hey joedreck,
    just a question:
    Why don't you call this thread: "7 years war! - includes units for 1,2,3,4, (formally SpongeMod)" , because I think it would help people to recognize what a wonderful mod you are creating here and Sponge mod is a little bit diffusing if you ask me
    Thank you very much for this question. I will answer this.

I will make a new thread in the hosted mod area, if I end the beta phase. At the moment I waiting for hammer to get the basic mod . The first version will be similar to that one you have, but with some added models and textures (officers, drummers, dragoons, cuirassiers). This will be the basic 1.0.

Then I will make an other version. I will call it "7 Years War: Directors Cut". This version will be a little bit different. I think this version will not like everyone. I will make for example new techs, new building time for buildings and unit limit.

Here are a concept:

For small factions (bavaria, venice a.s.o.) maybe like this:
    10 line infantry (upkeep 380) + 2 grenadiers (upkeep 400) as basic
    20 line infantry (upkeep 580) + 4 grenadiers (upkeep 600) as auxillaries
    The auxs will be recruitable only in the factions main region and will have same stats like the basic. Maybe recruitable only after a technology research.

For big factions (prussia, england, sweden a.s.o.) maybe like this:
    30 line infantry (upkeep 380) + 6 grenadiers (upkeep 400) as basic
    15 line infantry (upkeep 480) + 2 grenadiers (upkeep 500) as auxillaries
    The auxs will be recruitable in the factions region and will have weaker stats as the basic.

For very big factions (france, austria, russia a.s.o.) maybe like this:
    40 line infantry (upkeep 380) + 8 grenadiers (upkeep 400) as basic
    15 line infantry (upkeep 480) + 2 grenadiers (upkeep 500) as auxillaries
    The auxs will be recruitable in the factions region and will have weaker stats as the basic.

The prices will be different between factions. This is only a simple example.

This limits will make it very difficult or impossible to conquer the whole world. To hold regions will be very hard. This is not tested, so I can't say how the AI react on this. So the numbers are not fix.

I like your ideas but wouldn't it be better if unit upkeep where lesser than that of the larger nations. When you play nations like Bavaria you have to conquer half of europe before you could create a fullstack army. However, a lesser upkeep value may give the AI a huge advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    I like your ideas but wouldn't it be better if unit upkeep where lesser than that of the larger nations. When you play nations like Bavaria you have to conquer half of europe before you could create a fullstack army. However, a lesser upkeep value may give the AI a huge advantage.
    I don't have any experience with the great campaign. I played a little bit with prussia to test, but that's all. I never played other factions, so I don't know how the finances work for them. Surely my system need some tests and with some help I will get it.

P.S. You can find in the first post a new version of the beta mod.
    Last edited by joedreck; October 04, 2010 at 02:05 PM.

P.S. You can find in the first post a new version of the beta mod.
    Oh great! gonna try this out now. Cheers

I hope you like the new cavalry models. Wangrin and me needed some time to get them, but now they looks much better then vanilla I think. Ohh, I didn't add the new russian dragoons and mounted grenadiers and swedish cuirassiers and some officers are not in too, but denmark is in. I think the new prussian guard is added too . I use the new model and they looks awesome.

Some gloss and normal files are not ready or not in at moment, so don't wonder about bugs with this things. I will release for a small group a test version before release and they can look for bugs and I will fix them.

This version have no text for some units. I didn't made it, cause I want wait for all units are ready and make it in one turn. What I need is the english text file.

I hope you have as much fun as I have with this mod .

I hope you like the new cavalry models. Wangrin and me needed some time to get them, but now they looks much better then vanilla I think. Ohh, I didn't add the new russian dragoons and mounted grenadiers and swedish cuirassiers and some officers are not in too, but denmark is in. I think the new prussian guard is added too . I use the new model and they looks awesome.

Some gloss and normal files are not ready or not in at moment, so don't wonder about bugs with this things. I will release for a small group a test version before release and they can look for bugs and I will fix them.

This version have no text for some units. I didn't made it, cause I want wait for all units are ready and make it in one turn. What I need is the english text file.

I hope you have as much fun as I have with this mod .
    Hi! The new patch is great The cavalry looks awsome and so does the prussian guards. I do miss mustasches on german infantry though (austrians, prussians etc..). I also think you should give factions like Russia ponytals.

As far as I know the prussians did not have mustaches, cause it was only allowed for the grenadiers as sign of elite unit. The russian get the ponytail and the helmet for the grenadiers is changed too. Now it looks more like on the picture from museum.

Here is one of the austrian dragoon grenadiers:

Keep up the great work Joedreck, these troops are top notch .

r3deed's Avatar Semisalis

I just download the version 4 and its remarkable. a huge addition to the community.

thanx you work is appreciated.