Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Total War Multi-Player Strategy Guide for Newbs

Default Re: Napoleon Total War Multi-Player Strategy Guide for Newbs

You bring up some good Points Major Hemor errr I mean Not a Clone technically they are diferent, but saying "5 light inf max" is much easier then saying 5 light inf/skirmishers max. If you are not sure if rifles have a cap, it's allways best to ask.

Yeah, light inf and skirmishers are different.
    But usually when people say "5 light max" they are referring to anything that can use skirmish behavior.
    bringing 7 rifles to get around that rule is not exactly cheating, as the host didn't explicitly say rifles, but its more of an exploit, and not a particularly honorable way to play.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You just lost the game. But you also won the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanrows View Post
    Yeah, light inf and skirmishers are different.
    But usually when people say "5 light max" they are referring to anything that can use skirmish behavior.
    bringing 7 rifles to get around that rule is not exactly cheating, as the host didn't explicitly say rifles, but its more of an exploit, and not a particularly honorable way to play.
    Well, the problem is:

People who know that rifles are not the same as light inf are also smart enough to know that "max 5 lights" means rifles and light inf combined, yet they decide to break the rules ON PURPOSE!

People like this really annoy me because they clearly understand what the host meant yet they deliberately cheated.
    Is that crizpy enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Hemorrhoid's Brother View Post
    To get this thread stickied the MODS need to see that this is useful. To do that Major Hemorroid we should create some alias accounts to ask noob questions, Then when we anwser them we will look smart!
    Is it best to use all light infantry, or half light infantry with half artillery?

Do you prefer Stat hacks or money cheats ?

good question Crizpy Apple, I am actually starting to use more ballenced builds. Right now I take 12 lights, 4 line, and 4 cav

First off I'd also like to say that I'm not a Hemorrhoid alias I was wondering if miltia are good for anything besides a meat shield?

Cheers
    Last edited by Dr Pepper; June 07, 2010 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Clone View Post
    First off I would like to say that dispite my name I am NOT a Hemorroid clone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    First off I'd also like to say that I'm not a Hemorrhoid alias
    Right.....
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid's Brother; June 05, 2010 at 06:33 PM.

sometimes you can use militia to put in buildings.

Sometimes you can put militia between line infantry and . . . . never mind.

NO. Militia or only good for meatshields and cannon fodder.

Icon6 Re: Napoleon Total War Multi-Player Strategy Guide for Newbs

Actually, I sometimes use militia when playing as Austria. I put them on one wing of my army and put light infantry in front of them. This way they can hold one end of your opponents army in place while you hit the other wing with all you have!

Just get light inf instead of militia, they cost about the same anyway

Major Hemorrhoid's Avatar Senator

Militia sucks ass, underworld!

DunkFunk's Avatar Semisalis

militia rout when the wind changes suddenly, much better to add ranks to units than get any miltia
    Never argue with an idiot;
    He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414297

That's good advice DunkFunk!

Ok, another question:

How would you go about "countering" howitzers (especially when they have 3+)?

Say you both have your line inf and light inf screens set up facing each other and your opponent starts shelling you with howitzers. Normally this would make me commit to a rash attack and normally get beaten. Maybe try and win the cavalry fight and bring them round the back?

I'm not really sure Hazey, as I'm usually the guy with 3-6 ultra-powerful howitzers pounding my opponents into submission while they veinly attempt to advance on my lines. Since 99% of the people I play "rage quit" on me before the game ends, it's hard to tell you what "works" against my incredible "howitzer camping strategy"! Evidentally nothing does! A few guys used to be able to get behind my lines with cavalry and wreak havoc on my artillery when I first started playing Napoleon Total War, but I have since learned to invest heavily in lancer cavalry and now I simply slaughter their cavalry when it attempts to flank my lines, leaving my opponent no alternative except to launch a suicidal frontal assault on my well entrenched infantry lines supported by a massive artillery grand battery! Of course we all know how that usually ends!
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid; July 13, 2010 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazey View Post
    Ok, another question:

How would you go about "countering" howitzers (especially when they have 3+)?

Say you both have your line inf and light inf screens set up facing each other and your opponent starts shelling you with howitzers. Normally this would make me commit to a rash attack and normally get beaten. Maybe try and win the cavalry fight and bring them round the back?
    It really depends on the map,with some maps theres not much you can do because of all the bottlenecks and all you can do is skirmish with the opponent, trying to get more kills with your skirms than he is with the howies.
    On the other maps its best to use a long thin center in double line(skirms+line)just to hold his centre and look intimidating,while the center has moved up and started to skirmish with his center you should have a strong flanking force running up his far flank just out of howie range,once they have got past the enemy flank turn them to face the opponent making a new front for the enemy,you can even use 2 smaller flanking forces for this and encircle the enemy.
    Now for the important part,you need to push all fronts in at the same time using either cav or meat shield to disrupt the enemy's first volley,if this done right your formation will be giving alot more fire power to the enemy than he is able to return even with the howies and you will start to see his army crumble.
    This might all seem like it will only happen if the enemy sits there but with 3 arty pieces he will be forced into a defensive play style or risk losing his arty to cav strikes and should be predictable.

Libertus

Wow you've got a lot of people reading this... I appreciate the link to my video! I was wondering why I've been getting so many subscribers

thank you very much

Your welcome saiedz, we are doing our best to get the MODS to stickie this thread. THen it will remain on here for all noobs looking for help to see.

You're very welcome saiedz. I started this thread in order to help gamers who are new to Napoleon Total War Online to be able to have enough of an idea of how to play Napoleon Total War multi-player land battles so as to be able to at least have some chance of holding their own against more experienced players. The reason I included a link to your You Tube channel is that I felt that is was definitely one of the best (if not the best) sites for new players to learn Napoleon Total War strategy and tactics from.
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid; July 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM.