Thread: Morale drastically reduced for some reason

Default Morale drastically reduced for some reason

In my campaign, for some reason the morale of all my units has been reduced. At start of campaign, fusileirs of the line would have 12 morale when with no general. Now, the fusiliers of the line are only on 3 morale! Even the fusielers of the line with Napoleon in Russia have been reduced to 6 morale and 3 without napoleon! Where at the start of the campaign the Old Guard I start with had 25 morale, it has been gradually reduced to 20, then now 14 morale when with napoleon and 11 when not in napoleon's army. Why is this? I am thinking that distance from capital may be what affects it, but that makes no sense with the troops IN my capital, who have low morale also. I am bankrupt, so does that affect it in any way?

P.S Most of the troops with Napoleon were recruited in Warsaw, Poland, so does that affect their morale as well? The only line with good morale are the Polish Legion with Ney, who have 9 morale.
    Last edited by kingtigertank; April 18, 2010 at 11:19 PM.

Default Re: Morale drastically reduced for some reason

I'm guessing it's the bankruptcy. After all, if you don't have any money, you're not paying your troops.

it could be bankrupcy, like deathofjams said. distance to capital has no effect on morale at all. have your generals gained any traits that would reduce morale? also, what difficulty are you playing on? VH might do something crazy to morale.

Well napoleon and ney both increase morale. Like when Fusiliers of the line are in napoleons army they have 6 morale, but when without a general, they have 3.

I'm only playing on normal campaign setting, and at the beginning of campaign all units' morale was much higher.

I'm playing on hard battle setting.

Only rational explanation is the bankruptcy - and if you are not careful those units in your capital may have to face full stacks of veteran revolutionaries with full morale soon as well (hint - side with the rebels).

Icon6 Re: Morale drastically reduced for some reason

It happened to my friend during our last MPC campaign. He was France and I UK after about 2 years the french morale bonus seems to reduce to reach a normal one ie no more militia with a morale of 10. He won this campaign ( yes I know shame on me but when your so called protectorate sign an embargo against you and french spies sabotage every remaining trade port it becomes pretty hard to make cash! ).

We start a new campaign now France vs Russia and at the beggining of our campaign his militia morale is back to 10. I guess I ll have to hold for 2 years

Hmm lol just happens in MY mpc the same thing. My french morale has dropped evn though i'm not bankrupt. Better make a mental note never to use france again lol.