Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Shadow of Ishtar News

Default Re: The Shadow of Ishtar News

I could've sworn this forum was in the morgue. Still looks dead to me. Those screen shots are from over a year ago.

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

nope. It is still alive.
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

Amazing! how's the progress going?

dragonsign's Avatar International Brigade

Just got a new coder on board(King William^). We try to fix some issues with the modfolder and code. much of the work with the mod has been on ice due to the lack of coders, hopefully it will be solved now

Excellent news, keep up the good work.

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Good to know that this is still being worked on looking forward to playing it

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

...i m longing for it to be unleashed...great news...

Decanus

This is great news. My dream Total War game is of the early history of civilization. A smaller scope with smaller numbers to make everything in the game more accurate to reality, with the opportunity to guide the earliest forms of Bronze Age civilizations. So that your unit of 160 spearmen actually reflects the 160 warriors your burgeoning city can muster to attack the city down the dirt road. This mod is my hope for the closest thing to my dream. All the mod work so far looks amazing, so thank you to the modders for all the time and effort that they have put in.

This looks fascinating. To me, this is one of the most interesting periods and area of history.

so will the summer we will play this faction ?

Atatürk's Avatar Türküm. Doğruyum...

Quote Originally Posted by ALFAJI View Post
    so will the summer we will play this faction ?
    Most improbable, I'm sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Atatürk View Post
    Most improbable, I'm sorry to say.

Yep, same old bs I've been hearing for years. Might as well ignore this forum for the next 2-3 years until some content is actually revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post
    Yep, same old bs I've been hearing for years. Might as well ignore this forum for the next 2-3 years until some content is actually revealed.

That could happen a lot sooner.

There's no reason to get insulting about a project that people are donating their spare time (for free, I might add) to create something for your enjoyment. Instead, accept that it will probably not happen in accordance with your desired time frame and check back periodically for updates. Or if that seems unreasonable, then you can always move on to something else.

Iosias's Avatar Laetus

I wish you guys the best of luck. This mod looks very promising. I was really looking forward to playing as the Hebrews. I'm not Jewish, but as a Christian and it would be cool to recreate some Biblical battles. I'll definitely be checking in periodically. Again, good luck with this mod!

Iosias's Avatar Laetus

Christian it*

Quote Originally Posted by Bregil View Post
    There's no reason to get insulting about a project that people are donating their spare time (for free, I might add) to create something for your enjoyment. Instead, accept that it will probably not happen in accordance with your desired time frame and check back periodically for updates. Or if that seems unreasonable, then you can always move on to something else.

It's not insulting, it's the same old bs I've been hearing for years. If you're going to make a mod, then you make it and devote time to it, even if its for only an hour each day, which is doable by anyone's standards. If you release bits and pieces of the mod completed, then people will expect it to be released. If then you change your mind and send this whole forum to the morgue, either you release a beta for people to test and tinker around with in your absence, or you simply scrap it and delete the whole thing.

These people are asshats with poor decision skills. Waste of my time and attention, giving me false hope for a mod that only turned out to be a failure. I've a right to be disappointed and mad, and what you say is irrelevant in the face of this. So bugger off.

These people are asshats with poor decision skills. Waste of my time and attention, giving me false hope for a mod that only turned out to be a failure. I've a right to be disappointed and mad, and what you say is irrelevant in the face of this. So bugger off.

'tis true, the customer is always right.

Venia's Avatar Auxilium meum a Domino

It's not insulting, it's the same old bs I've been hearing for years. If you're going to make a mod, then you make it and devote time to it, even if its for only an hour each day, which is doable by anyone's standards. If you release bits and pieces of the mod completed, then people will expect it to be released. If then you change your mind and send this whole forum to the morgue, either you release a beta for people to test and tinker around with in your absence, or you simply scrap it and delete the whole thing.

It wasn´t like we didn´t want to spend time on it, we just lacked certain people with certain talents.
    Most of the units are finished but the coding is far behind.
    We´ve looked for and asked coders A LOT of time but couldn´t find people with coding skills who were willing to help.
    SOI skinner/video maker/moderator
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1496,

You guys should put out a public request on the other forums and advertise in a way for the mod to get other coders interested. I would help you guys if I could but I realized that after taking a basic game design class that I suck at coding.