Thread: ME2 Ending (spoilers!)

B.Kaiser's Avatar Libertus
    The El Dorado of tulips, cheese and liberalism

Default ME2 Ending (spoilers!)

With the new book 'ME: Retribution' coming out soon, we've finally learned what the Illusive Man was planning to do with the Reaper-tech (if you don't want to know: stop reading). To quote the synopsis: 'The Illusive Man, leader of the pro-human paramilitary organization Cerberus, is attempting to learn more about the Reapers, an advanced race of sentient machines that periodically purges the galaxy of all organic civilizations. Having obtained Reaper technology, the Illusive Man decides to implant a human with it to learn more about the Reapers'.

Knowing this, would have you still make the same choice at the ending of ME2?
    Last edited by B.Kaiser; April 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM.

Default Re: ME2 Ending (spoilers!)

Your decision in ME2 likely is completely irrelevant to the story in the book. That's pretty much what has happened for all the other books as far as I've heard and I can't really see why they should change that for the new one. It's just far easier for everyone to read and understand the book if they don't force a specific story decision because that way, both "sides" of the story are equally valid.

Besides, there are the remains of Sovereign - they're the most straightforward and most obvious source for Reaper technology there is and we also know for sure that Cerberus has found and used some of that technology already, as have other factions like the Turians. There just isn't any need for the Collector Base to be involved to make the story of the new novel plausible.

B.Kaiser's Avatar Libertus
    The El Dorado of tulips, cheese and liberalism

Default Re: ME2 Ending (spoilers!)

I agree completely. Judging by the impact our decisions in ME1 had on the events in the sequel, they'll find someway to make this canon. It's more of a theoretical discussion: if you knew sparing the Collector Base would result in these experiments, would you still do it? Can we afford to be moral while the galaxy is at risk?