Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Announcing: The Dark Ages Total War

Indefinitely Banned

Default Announcing: The Dark Ages Total War

Hello TW community,

Today I bring you a new mod, Dark Ages Total War. Dark Ages TW will be a mod starting in 500 CE (or AD) and running until sometime in the 7th century or the beginning of the 8th century. The Dark Ages TW will be a modification for Rome - Total War: Barbarian Invasion that will attempt to depict the power struggles and rise of various factions after the fall of the western roman empire. The area covered will be the same as BI but expanded to the north some. This is because the main focus is meant to be on western europe, not discounting that the Byzantines and surrounding factions will also be present and not neglected in this mod.

The factions that I have chosen so far will be listed below. However, this is not nearly the final list for the factions, and I also wish to make good use of the emerging factions feature to represent factions that were not present in 500 CE but came into power later in the timeframe of this mod.

The Factions: this is not the final list, as mentioned above

Byzantine Empire
    Kingdom of Burgundy
    Franks
    Visigoth Kingdom
    Alemanni
    Anglo-Saxons (or a split of these)
    Britanni
    Vandals
    Moors
    Longobards/Lombards
    Sassanids
    Arabs
    Sueves
    Danes
    Picts
    Gepids
    Slavs
    Scotii

The map, as mentioned above, will feature the same area as the RTW: BI map with expansion to the north. I am currently deciding between creating an entirely new map of my own, or heavily editing the BI map, including expanding it to the north. If the BI map is used, then the regions will be entirely customized and the overall map improved.

Several maps I will be basing things on: (i have many more I am looking at though)

So far I have kept this project entirely secret, so I obviously have no team right now. I don't wish to have a giant team. But I will need several good historians and of course a few modellers/skinners. If you're interested, post here, PM me or contact me on msn at atheistpeace@optonline.net

And if anyone is wondering, this project does not mean I am leaving Imperium TW, or downgrading my contribution to that mod drastically.

For the time being, I will be running development here: http://s10.invisionfree.com/Imperium...p?showforum=61
    Last edited by Atheist Peace; October 10, 2005 at 09:05 PM.

ErikinWest's Avatar Civitate

Is this mod going to be severely different from any other mods based around this time frame?

Erik

Music is the pinnacle of civilization and Jazz is the apex.
    Member of S.I.N.
    The means justify the ends. Or better put: the same means will achieve the same ends.
    Under the patronage of Chandrashekar Azad.

Indefinitely Banned

Well given the fact that I don't know of a single mod based in this time frame, besides one that covers a much smaller, specific area, yes it will.

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikinWest
    Is this mod going to be severely different from any other mods based around this time frame?

Erik

you may be thinking this is similiar to Viking and Fanatics, but actually it is a completely different time frame. What mod doo you think is similiar?

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Hmm...now offence to you AP, but shouldn't you be worrying about Imperium Total War instead of going off and making a completely new mod which is basicly like some of the ones already out there?

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by therussian91
    Hmm...now offence to you AP, but shouldn't you be worrying about Imperium Total War instead of going off and making a completely new mod which is basicly like some of the ones already out there?
    I stated in the original post that I will still be working with Imperium Total War, and I won't let this interrupt it. And what mods are similar to this?

He is worrying about it, and his contributions to Imperium will continue... This mod does have potential, and I would defantly join it, but Ap knows that Im kinda busy..

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

I'm sorry, I didn't catch that part. Now that I think about it, there aren't many except AOVAF, which, though based more upon England, still incorporates factions such as the Byzantines, Abassids and the rest.

Anyway, Good Luck AP!!

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Indefinitely Banned

I'm sorry, I didn't catch that part. Now that I think about it, there aren't many except AOVAF, which, though based more upon England, still incorporates factions such as the Byzantines, Abassids and the rest.

Anyway, Good Luck AP!!
    Yeah but my mod starts in 500 CE, AOVAF starts in 737 i think.

Thanks though

Oh, I wasn't aware of the AOVAF started..........but damn, they have some good skinners. Good thing we have alliances, eh?

Indefinitely Banned

I've made my choice on the map, I'm going to use the BI map and just edit the crap out of it. I am going to start adding in provinces and moving factions, etc. tonight. Maybe I'll post a picture in a little while.

I offer my services as a historian to this mod. I would like to help make it because I am very interested in this time period.

Ap, surely you will need expansion to the north...

MY TWC HISTORY

Indefinitely Banned

Are you very knowledgable about this period? Or are you volunteering to research?

Either thing is welcome, really. You can post your research/info in my dev forum on the ITW forums.

KoA, I am expanding it to the north, but I'm going to add to the other areas first, mainly because it's easier

to answer AP, I am both.

Indefinitely Banned

Okay cool, just post info in the forum linked in the top post if you are interested.

Indefinitely Banned

Faction list has been updated, it is now:

Byzantine Empire
    Kingdom of Burgundy
    Franks
    Visigoth Kingdom
    Alemanni
    Anglo-Saxons (or a split of these)
    Britanni
    Vandals
    Moors
    Longobards/Lombards
    Sassanids
    Arabs
    Sueves
    Danes
    Picts
    Gepids
    Slavs
    Scotii

:sweatingb thats 18 already

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

what about the Teutons?

Way out of time period?

MY TWC HISTORY

Berbers? or are those the Moors? or Vandals?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast