Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strong mongols minimod

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Strong mongols minimod

Try package 3 and play VH/M or VH/H or VH/VH, but should get strat with VH if possible.

And thanks a bunch for helping me testing
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

np
    Son of the now supersilly walking MasterBigAb/戦国無双

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    If this would work it would fit 100% to the mongols, unfortunately even looting a good city gave me like 10K and you loose around 30K a turn in RR/RC. But if we can increase sacking JUST for the mongols to big amounts, it will really give the horde spirit
    Well, we can give a few traits for +Looting to the mongol generals, if they haven't got any already.
    Or create special +100/200% looting traits which disappear as time passes by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Patrician Citizen

Great idea i must say, but when you look at the debt the mongols accumulate, it should be +900% looting
    Or maybe keep the lower upkeep, King's purse of 15K and give all mongols traits with +400% looting. Only problem i can see: if you sack a city with a captain you gain nothing more, but it should not happen very often.

EDIT: and other issue, is that i know nothing about adding traits in game...
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Ha
    descr_strat.txt in ...\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Late_Era_Campaign and add up your traits.

example:
    character Genghis, named character, male, leader, age 48, x 500, y 154, label mongols4genghis ;Urgench
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , Factionleader 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 3 , Bloodthirsty 2 , BattleDread 4 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 1 , Loyal 2 , GoodCavalryGeneral 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , UltimateMongolLootingSkillz 3
    Last edited by SoulBlade; April 17, 2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Patrician Citizen

I will try to add a trait in export_descr_character_trait.txt like this one:

Level Butcher
    Description Butcher_desc
    EffectsDescription Butcher_effects_desc
    Epithet Butcher_epithet_desc
    Threshold 9
    Effect Chivalry -3
    Effect Piety -3
    Effect Unrest 2
    Effect Looting 40

But with Effect Looting 400
    And give it to the starting generals.

Patrician Citizen

Yeah i get it, i have modified export_descr_character_trait.txt to add my custom trait that gives +400% looting then adjusted the export_VnVs.txt file to get the translations and finally put the new trait to all starting generals in descr_strat.txt. Just need to test it

EDIT: did not work must have missed something
    Last edited by cedric37; April 17, 2010 at 04:44 PM.

I think the easiest way would be giving them a very large starting treasury that can uphold their chaps for a while, and let them keep their good ol' king purse. Boring but perhaps effective. it also forces you to expand quickly to get your income out of the negatives, atleast it provides some sort of challenge and all that =D

Patrician Citizen

So v2 is for you then, you start with 250K gold (which will still diminish quite rapidly).
    But v3 would be nice too i think since you start with twice the king's purse but then you get normal king's purse and at the end a diminished king's purse.

How many turns do i have to go , until you know the effect is (not)proven ?And can i give the results in an excell file ? Or does it need to be in a txt doc ?
    Last edited by BURNY26; April 17, 2010 at 11:27 PM.

is this compatible with BGRIV?? Im guessing not since they edit the same files..Oh great job Cedric btw *thumbs up*
    Last edited by Redhawkdown; April 18, 2010 at 01:30 AM.

Patrician Citizen

@BURNY26: it should be nice if you'd get 10 regions, normally the king's purse should go from 30K to 15K. Then just post a screenie with finances

@Redhawkdown: thanks man, maybe PB will do something about mongols anyway as today they are way too weak IMHO (and their finances are catastrophic)

@Redhawkdown: thanks man, maybe PB will do something about mongols anyway as today they are way too weak IMHO (and their finances are catastrophic)
    So i take it its not compatible with BGRIV? Yea hopefully he'll do something about it

Patrician Citizen

I don't know if it is compatible with BGRIV or not, but if it uses the same files, it is certainly not.

I don't know if it is compatible with BGRIV or not, but if it uses the same files, it is certainly not.
    I hadn't considered BGR-IV when downloading this. I play with both now, no problems yet in Early or Late campaigns, though I haven't played as the Mongols yet.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Walter View Post
    I hadn't considered BGR-IV when downloading this. I play with both now, no problems yet in Early or Late campaigns, though I haven't played as the Mongols yet.
    If you didn't start a new campaign the game wont recognise the changes and if you did then the BGR scripts will have been obliterated.
    It's not compatible.
    To make it compatible, one would have to note the changes this mod makes in each file (using something like winmerge) & then manually add them to the BGRIVE fileset (you may possibly only have to do this with the custom_script) as I think the other files are shared by BGRIVE & non_BGRIVE filesets.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Looks good cedric, I'll integrate it (and into BGR) for next update with your permission.

Patrician Citizen

Yes you get my permission for sure, mate Thanks.

@Sir Walter: as i said in 1st post, it is not save game compatible and works only for late era campaign, although with little effort same can be made to integrate the changes in early campaign too (i don't think 1450 campaign is much concerned).
    Last edited by cedric37; April 18, 2010 at 04:59 AM.

im observing them with england and fog of war turned off. making detailed descr of their advancement in every region .so how can i check their finances ? because in the faction rankings scrool ,they cant be chosen , like the teutonic order

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Looks good cedric, I'll integrate it (and into BGR) for next update with your permission.
    Might be worth considering making those changes ai-only in the BGR version.
    Last edited by Byg; April 18, 2010 at 10:17 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast