Thread: persia

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Default persia

Is there a way to make persias units recruitable in everycity they capture when the barrack requirements are fulfilled.

also why is there a 30000 denari unit recruitable[ its a spardybardar thing missile infantry]
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

Default Re: persia

1.) You have to edit/mod the files but I donīt know which ones. Maybe someone other can help?
    It is simply not planned to recruit your Persian troops anywhere. You have to use the local regional troops of the conquered factions.

2.) Similar units are available in every town to prevent possible CTDs. The RTW engine needs one (and only one) unit recruitable in any town to spam rebells when a city revolts. In unmodded (vanilla) RTW this is done by making peasants recruitable in the (undestructible) government or palace building you can erect when reaching 2000, 6000 and so one inhabitants.
    As these peasants are deleted in nearly every mod, units can only be recruited in (destructible) barracks. When you destroy them in enemy cities or they get destroyed during sieges or sabotage the engine faces a problem. In case the city rebells it can not spam rebell units -> CTD follows. Therefore this 30000 denari units are placeholders preventing this.

And before you might ask you can recruit them when having more than 30000 denari. It only bankrupts you but you donīt have to restart the game in case you accidently recruited them, so it doesnīt result in any CTD or other irregularies.
    On the other side when having 100000īs of denari left you can cheat by recruiting these units without building barracks first when conquering a new town.

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: persia

There have been a few instances of aving to load a save as i have got no money left although my mighty persian empire is on the brink of death as my troops and garrisons around jerusaleum arnt a match for armored trained hoplites
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY