Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XAI 4.0 Baseline BETA of KGCM

Default Re: XAI 4.0 Baseline BETA of KGCM

Aha, yes I did that right from the start. Everything is working great. This AI is really a masterpiece.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Do me a favor and tell us what kind of sytem you have and then push the pathfinding as hard as you can go! as many armies as possible doing a siege. See how much you get slowdowns, adn how good the AI does it's pathfinding.!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I'm on an AMD X2 6000+, GeForce 9600 1GB, Windows 7 64, 4GB Ram. The only time I had a slowdown was because of graphics, I tweaked it to get rid of the 2d sprites. I did a battle then that ended up a bit sluggish where I had my armies set to huge, and it was bad weather and I fought 2 opponents at once. I had a full army, they both had full armies as well. Apart from that I've never had any slowdowns. Sorry for the late reply.

NP and thanks. I may try some new values, and see if they are adequate. I am wondering if I "overkilled" the amount of pathfinding, and if it is affecting peoples computers.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Crafty's Avatar Libertus

One small question: Did you deleted the free upkeep in citys and castles or did I screw up my installation?
    "If wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak." - Jayne Cobb.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
    One small question: Did you deleted the free upkeep in citys and castles or did I screw up my installation?
    It has been done from EDU side, every unit you field costs you maintenance cost. It felt too cheap to simply have 4-6 man garrisons in major towns basically for free. Plus, thing like free upkeep never existed. If you don't pay your army their wages, they will begin looting the local villages, causing you similar or bigger financial damage. Unfortunately game doesn't allow for this simulation. Main design intention was to make player field only as much troops as he can really maintain, depending on his economy, and to even the aggressive (although risky) expansion tactics with the 'turtling' (basically it gets us rid of exploit where player fields 9999 militias in towns for free, and when he has enough goes on few-turns blitzkrieg since his treasury can afford substantial financial drain for shorter while). Side effect is that it evens the player with hardcoded (unmoddable) idiocy of the AI, which will usually park most of it's units just outside cities, instead of garrisoning them to cut off the costs.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Oh then I must be playing your old version then on my laptop...heheh I guess I am wrong.

Good point though about being an exploit, did you remove it for Stone forts as well. I will update to the new version I promise. I swore I did that!

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Oh then I must be playing your old version then on my laptop...heheh I guess I am wrong.

Good point though about being an exploit, did you remove it for Stone forts as well. I will update to the new version I promise. I swore I did that!
    I have removed this tag from every single unit in the EDU, so apparently 'free upkeep slots' in settlements/forts are without any impact atm.

And yeah it's easy to lose track of things, I've released a lot of files for the past months.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

QUOTE:"1) Go into your mods .cfg file and add these lines"

Is that the medievalkingdoms 2.kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod cfg included in the XA1 4.0 KGCM BETA download?

yes, and it should already be in there i believe.

Ai does not recruit ships. After 20th turn no ships at all except pirates are blocking ports everywhere. But campaign without naval invasions is wery funy and hard too! sorry for very bad english...

@ Andrewww. then there is something wrong with your installation.

Medieval 2 total war gold edition (eng) > patch 1.5 (eng) > KGCM 3.0 (Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War) > KGCM patch 3.4b1,3.4b2 (Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod) > Patch 4.2 (\SEGA\Medieval II Total War) > Xmas gift (to KGCM data) > KGCM beta (to KGCM data) > Kgcm Beta overwrite (same place) > Cache clearing procedure. Everything is right I did? I must replace CFG file from KGCM Beta folder too?

you don't need kgcm 3.0

also did you upack your game...however i don't think it is mandatory. io files first??

on the beta overwrite..I do not know what that is? I would start over. or DL soul Firez's Mod

Thank you! I installed without 3.0 KGCM now ship recruitment works!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewww View Post
    Thank you! I installed without 3.0 KGCM now ship recruitment works!
    That is truly interesting

I got my arse kicked by turn 30 as Spain 2x now. time for a different strategy! If I have to lower the difficulty level, I'm gonna be HAPPY!! because that means we are getting this puppy tuned up!!

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    I got my arse kicked by turn 30 as Spain 2x now. time for a different strategy! If I have to lower the difficulty level, I'm gonna be HAPPY!! because that means we are getting this puppy tuned up!!
    Good coder, worse commander - Nay?
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

That's because you did't play my recent changes

Awesome work on this guys, I just want to say thanks to you all for successfully making the best AI for M2TW

Dave

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast