Thread: No matter what i do it doesnt work

Default No matter what i do it doesnt work

Now first im going to start by saying this is how i downloaded and installed the mod.

first i downloaded 1.02 installed that
    then 1.021 hotfix and english translation
    THEN i downloaded the 1.03 patch from fileshack (the exe) installed then
    then i downloaeded the patch for that.

i Have windows 7 64bit i am also the admin.
    I HAVE THE STEAM VERSION of the game.

so first i changed tuetonic to oldtuetonic and left the warhammer mod as the tuetonic mod. then i deleted tuetonic and kept the warhammer mod as the tuetonic mod. still when i start it up it either goes black then to CTD OR sometimes it goes to the warhammer loading screen then CTD.

Tried to run it...screen goes black then CTD.
    tried to change the set launch options to

"@Sprite_vkl " without quotes (that is all i entered no previous text before @)
    and again with "@warhammer.cfg" then again with "@Sprite_vkl.cfg" then i did a combination of the
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\kingdoms.exe @<batch or cfg>" and
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\launcher.exe @<batch or cfg>" and
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\medieval2.exe @<batch o cfg>"
    still CTD on start up after black screen OR instant fatal error.

I tried also doing all of these things in admin (steam running as admin) still nothing.

then i deleted mtw2 off of steam and kingdoms and repeated the process still nothing.

i have 3 different downloads of this mod and its patches all from different sites non work.

I have downloaed the "steam mod installer http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=334458" of course it seems utterly useless since it only has the retrofit and lotr mod (hell if i hit add mod it doesnt do anything simply pops up with a "Request registry access is not allowed" the best part is is that the readme doesn't actually tell you IF YOUR NEED TO ACTUALLY DOWNLOAD THE MOD. I do not do things i am not told to do because i am NOT tech SAVY.)

So can someone email me at tonyrissone@gmail.com or tonyrissone@yahoo.com or PM me. You would have to go step by step for if you skip a step i will not know.

I have tried everything (at least the literal directions and nothing else BUT those so if the posters skipped a step o well i wouldnt know)

Funnily enough previously i had the third age mod running. After installing this mod neither worked. Then i deleted installed 3rd age and it also CTD on start up.

Im really tired sorry for grammer.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: No matter what i do it doesnt work

Welcome to the forums Enossir! It's always nice to see new members in this community.

Have you tried the torrent? It is very easy to use, as it only requires you to extract one, yes one!, folder to your "mods" folder. Then you're done!

If you do not want to use the torrent, look here. It is a guide that'll help you with installation.

Also, since you are a windows 7 64-bit user (like myself), make sure that you turn off user account control. Info can be found here.

I hope this helps you. If you need more help, feel free to pm me and I'll do my best to help you
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; April 17, 2010 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Welcome to the forums Enossir! It's always nice to see new members in this community.

Have you tried the torrent? It is very easy to use, as it only requires you to extract one, yes one!, folder to your "mods" folder. Then you're done!

If you do not want to use the torrent, look here. It is a guide that'll help you with installation.

Also, since you are a windows 7 64-bit user (like myself), make sure that you turn off user account control. Info can be found here.

I hope this helps you. If you need more help, feel free to pm me and I'll do my best to help you
    alright thx sorry for the doom and gloom post was tired of having to deal with MTw2 mods for about 6 hours straight and getting no were.

1: I used the torrent, fresh instal, and turned off user account control lets see how it goes.....ok so heres how it went

When it loaded up i got the old Teutonic loading screen. then after the vid which i skipped i saw a Warhammer loading screen with a quote i believe to be in russian, then on the menu there was nothing but 5 blank bars. i clicked on one and received a CTD. This is an improvement as well it actually loaded to the loading screen. Also i did rename tuetonic to oldtuetonic and them moved the warhammer mod into the folder...

So since i downloaded the torrent what else should i download any patches obviously a translation file but which one?

Now i downloaded and installed the 1.02 translation, and the 1.03 translation....funnily enough the loading video is the tuetonic video but i think its in russian? ? ? ? still nothing on the bars i think i opened up multiplayer option because i saw the world "gamespy" and i opened up the saved game area so i tried to load a random save game and it CTD....really have no clue why its doing what its doing. Everything is still in russian ( i think its russian) EVERYTHING.....theres not one english word except in the credits and the word gamespy also when its reforring to a-z on the controls settings. SO i installed 1.01 text, 1.02 text, 1.03 all the english translations still nothing....totally unplayable i cant even figure out how to start a game of anything.

I would take screenshots but when i hit Prtscrn i just get a black screen?

I finally got to the custom battle menu but all the factions are tuetonic, all in russian i think, all the units are also tuetonic ALSO all in russian

all i want it to do is work with English on my menu so i can actually change my settings and start a campaign.
    Last edited by Enossir; April 18, 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    17:21:02.135 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:21:02.136 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    17:21:02.141 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:21:02.142 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:21:02.143 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:21:02.145 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:21:02.146 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:21:02.146 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:21:02.147 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/teutonic/packs/data.pack
    17:21:02.147 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/teutonic/packs/localized.pack
    17:21:02.160 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    17:21:04.479 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    17:21:04.482 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    17:21:04.485 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    17:21:04.498 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    17:21:04.498 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    17:21:04.501 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    17:21:04.501 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    17:21:04.501 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    17:21:04.501 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    17:21:04.501 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    17:21:04.501 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    17:21:04.501 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    17:21:04.501 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    17:21:04.501 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    17:21:04.501 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    17:21:04.502 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    17:21:04.502 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    17:21:04.502 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    17:21:04.502 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    17:21:05.166 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 7044, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Voulgier', used by unit 'Voulgier'.

17:21:05.166 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 7250, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Swordstaff_Militia', used by unit 'Swordstaff Militia'.

17:21:05.166 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 7284, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Voulge_Militia', used by unit 'Partisan Militia'.

17:21:05.167 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 7318, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Halberd_Militia', used by unit 'Halberd Militia'.

17:21:05.167 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 7598, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Obudshaer', used by unit 'Obudshaer'.

17:21:05.168 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 8082, column 1
    Missing skeleton for secondary weapon in model type 'Swiss_Guard', used by unit 'Swiss Guard'.

17:21:05.639 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.641 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.647 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.649 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.651 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.653 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.656 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.658 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.660 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.662 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.664 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.666 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.668 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.670 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.672 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.674 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.697 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.698 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.707 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.709 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.717 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.718 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.721 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.723 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.725 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.727 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.729 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.731 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.733 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.735 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.754 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.755 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.767 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.768 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.771 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.772 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.774 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.776 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    17:21:05.792 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10834, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    17:21:05.792 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10876, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    17:21:05.792 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10877, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    17:21:05.792 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10887, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    17:21:05.792 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10888, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    17:21:05.792 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10900, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    17:21:05.793 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10901, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    17:21:05.793 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10942, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    17:21:05.804 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16725, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    17:21:05.804 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16733, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    17:21:05.804 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16741, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    17:21:05.805 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16749, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    17:21:05.807 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17619, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    17:21:05.807 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17620, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    17:21:05.807 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17629, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    17:21:05.807 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17672, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    17:21:05.807 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17673, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    17:21:05.807 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17682, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    17:21:05.808 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18024, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(FactionheirTO) additional affects for triggers(factionleader_TO)
    17:21:05.808 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/teutonic/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 18033, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(MinorRanksTO) additional affects for triggers(becomesheir_TO)
    17:21:05.815 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    17:21:05.816 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    17:21:05.818 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    17:21:10.964 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/teutonic/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:10.966 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/teutonic/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:11.917 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/teutonic/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:11.948 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/kalmar_union.tga is missing
    17:21:11.978 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    17:21:11.978 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    17:21:11.981 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    17:21:11.981 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    17:21:11.988 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    17:21:11.992 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    17:21:12.824 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:12.838 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:12.839 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:12.839 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:12.840 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:12.840 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:12.840 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:12.841 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:12.841 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:12.842 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/teutonic/data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:12.842 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:15.704 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/teutonic/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:15.706 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/teutonic/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:16.647 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/teutonic/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:21:16.697 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_regions.txt, at line 6, column 1
    Couldn't find region name 'Moot_Province' in stringtable
    17:21:17.264 [system.rpt] [error]

IF someone can please tell me why the game isnt working ive done all the correct steps EVERYTHING yet it doesnt work at all...well it does but its unplayable and ERRR ill just fraps the menu
    to show everyone

heres a vid of my error

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoEkmYxTfUI

notice the old Teutonic crap...and ITS IN RUSSIAN WTF???..?? and the old Teutonic menu....WTF i deleted tuetonic so that means it has to be in the torrent idk im drunk. the lack of actual text.

also yes ive ran the game @warhammer.bat nothing changed, then @Sprite_vkl.bat my main thing is why are there RUSSIAN mtw2:kingdoms tuetonic campaign files in the mod files it confuses the hell out of me? Because i deleted MY tuetonic file.

edit: HAHAHA i finally got to a battle set up page by randomly clicking on blank ...things (look at my video) and to my surprise instead of warhammer units and factions RUSSIAN version TUETONIC campgain factions are there???? But when i started the battle it CTD.
    Last edited by Enossir; April 19, 2010 at 01:53 AM.

Delete Teutonic, and reinstall without unpacking.

Extract torrent to a new folder, on your desktop or somewhere.

Change the name from "teutonic" to "warhammer". Go into the folder, change the name of the game .bat (not the sprite one) to "warhammer.bat". Open it up, change all references from teutonic to warhammer. Save and quit. Rename the none sprite .cfg file to "warhammer.cfg", and edit all references from Teutonic to "warhammer". Paste this at the very top of every unpacked modification folders .cfg you have made
    Code:
    [io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true
    Make sure that the [log] entry reads
    Code:
    [log] 
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt 
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error
    Save and exit.

Go up one level, and cut and paste the warhammer folder to your M2/Mods folder. Don't bother with any installations. If you're that keen to play it in English, copy and paste all .txt files from warhammer/data/text to a new folder somewhere, then place the translation files one by one, testing after each modification into the data/text folder.

If there are any errors, check the log. If you can't identify, just immediately paste the log to the translation thread, and we should be able to identify it, then just replace the error causing translation file with the russian version you backed up before test to see if it works, and continue in that manner. It's long winded, but it will be improved for 1.4.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Delete Teutonic, and reinstall without unpacking.

Extract torrent to a new folder, on your desktop or somewhere.

Change the name from "teutonic" to "warhammer". Go into the folder, change the name of the game .bat (not the sprite one) to "warhammer.bat". Open it up, change all references from teutonic to warhammer. Save and quit. Rename the none sprite .cfg file to "warhammer.cfg", and edit all references from Teutonic to "warhammer". Paste this at the very top of every unpacked modification folders .cfg you have made
    Code:
    [io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true
    Make sure that the [log] entry reads
    Code:
    [log] 
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt 
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error
    Save and exit.

Go up one level, and cut and paste the warhammer folder to your M2/Mods folder. Don't bother with any installations. If you're that keen to play it in English, copy and paste all .txt files from warhammer/data/text to a new folder somewhere, then place the translation files one by one, testing after each modification into the data/text folder.

If there are any errors, check the log. If you can't identify, just immediately paste the log to the translation thread, and we should be able to identify it, then just replace the error causing translation file with the russian version you backed up before test to see if it works, and continue in that manner. It's long winded, but it will be improved for 1.4.
    you sir are my savior