Page 75 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25506566676869707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1661

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Rehost on mediafire or some other site that doesn't suck. Looking at a 30 minute download for a 400 MB file.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Kruniac View Post
    Rehost on mediafire or some other site that doesn't suck. Looking at a 30 minute download for a 400 MB file.
    Here you go.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I would like to ask a question. When playing Empire Total Factions, am I still able to gain steam achievements?

hi, after i download the ETF file,unzip it and try and open it,it says i dont have enough space.but i have lots of space on my computer

Quote Originally Posted by JLHartsock View Post
    I would like to ask a question. When playing Empire Total Factions, am I still able to gain steam achievements?
    I think so, but I'm not entirely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mickiesnoodles View Post
    hi, after i download the ETF file,unzip it and try and open it,it says i dont have enough space.but i have lots of space on my computer
    Try restart Steam and verifiy game cache before installing ETF. Remember, you must have Steam running before installation or launching ETF.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I bought the DLC Expansions which let's me use elite troops. Are these troops available in ETW if i have the correct DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by JLHartsock View Post
    I bought the DLC Expansions which let's me use elite troops. Are these troops available in ETW if i have the correct DLC.
    They should be available at least I can train them in my game. Of course it depends what campign you're playing and in what theatre e.g Europe, America, India plus if it's the early or the late campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post

Try restart Steam and verifiy game cache before installing ETF. Remember, you must have Steam running before installation or launching ETF.
    I have the same problem, I have already installed some mods, verifying the steam cache won't disable those mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    I have the same problem, I have already installed some mods, verifying the steam cache won't disable those mods?
    What mods do you use?

What mods do you use?

Age of enlightment mod, vanilla units enhanced, ornamentum, ben natives and no protectorates mod.
    Last edited by Principe Alessandro; August 01, 2017 at 08:30 AM.

I assume those mods are created as movie, which means that a mod (movie pack) will automatically start as soon ETW is launched.

A created mod as a mod pack will NOT automatically start, instead it requires a mod entry in the user.script file like this.

Another thing I forgot to ask you about. Where is ETW installed? Is it outside of Steam or is it in Steam?

Why I ask you this is simple. It seems ETF was designed to only work properly when ETW is installed inside of Steam and not outside of Steam.

I have Empire with steam and anyway the majority of those mods aren't movie packs.

Well then I'm afraid you cannot use those mods with ETF, unless you have included them in the user.empire script file.

Should you still have an issue with ETF despite for having those mods inlcuded in the user.empire script file then ETF cannot work with the mods you are now using.

In order to get ETF to work then uninstall ETF and remove all mods and verify game cache in Steam. Alternatively, is to reinstall ETW from scratch.

Yeah, I am having the same problem with the setup telling me I don't have any space. I have over 100GB available. Steam is on when I try to install, and the cache of ETF is all set. ETF is also install into steamapps/common/empire total war. Any idea on what could be causing this?

Try this.

1. Verify game cache
    2. Exit Steam
    3. Launch Steam
    4. Verify game cache
    5. Launch ETF

Should you still not being able to play ETF then perhaps you need to delete the C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts folder and try to launch ETF a second time. Doing that might delete scripts that other mods are using.

If that doesn't help then reinstall ETW and make sure you can launch ETW without mods and start a new campaign and make a gamesave.

Okay, I've tried all those now and nothing changed. I don't have any mods. This is a bummer, as this was my go to mod when I played this game years ago. Nostalgia and introducing my SO brought me back. If you have anymore ideas I'd love to hear them but if not I understand.

Well I have tried another approach, I have extracted the files with Winrar from the executable and I have tried to paste them into the ETW directory, the launcher seems working but I'm not sure if it is a correct method.

For instance during the campaign the button for the option to decline supporting one of my allies being attacked is completely blank without the "Decline (Break Alliance)". I don't know if it is a bug of the mod or it is buggy my installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    Well I have tried another approach, I have extracted the files with Winrar from the executable and I have tried to paste them into the ETW directory, the launcher seems working but I'm not sure if it is a correct method.
    That's not the correct method, instead just extract the archive and run the ETF21.exe and follow the instructions.

It might be necessary to run ETF21.exe as an administrator, but personally I have never run the ETF21.exe as an administrator.

That's not the correct method, instead just extract the archive and run the ETF21.exe and follow the instructions.

It might be necessary to run ETF21.exe as an administrator, but personally I have never run the ETF21.exe as an administrator.
    Well the correct method is not working so.....

Extracted from the exe two folders data and ETF and pasted them into the Empire Total War directory and everything seems working.
    Last edited by Principe Alessandro; August 02, 2017 at 08:15 AM.

Never heard anyone extracted a few e.g files, folders from the ETF21.exe and paste it into the ETW folder and actually get ETF working. Amazing!