Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2146616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1661

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Hi.
    I have read this thread several times, but cant make this work. I god Windows 10, installed ETW in the normal way, and this mod. I get into the game, and can pick Norway as faction, but it says they dont have any regions. When I try starting the new game anyway, ETW crashes. I also tried a mod for Norway only, but with the same problem. Plz help.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Welcome, Laze. I don't know whether this mod works with Windows 10. I know that people have had problems installing it (and running it) with Windows 8. I can tell you what worked for them - hopefully the same solutions work with Windows 10. To install Empire Total Factions with Windows 8, you would run ETF21.exe in compatibility mode. You can do this in either of two ways:-

- Right-click on ETF21.exe, select 'properties' (the last item on the menu) then select 'compatibility' (from the tabs along the top) then tick the box by 'Compatibility mode' and select Windows 7 (thanks to Gunder1an for this suggestion)

or

- Right-click on the file, select 'Troubleshoot compatibility'. A box will appear headed 'Program Compatibility Troubleshooter'. After a few seconds, you will have a couple of options. Select 'Try recommended settings' and then 'Test the program' (thanks to Overlordqwerty for this idea)

It would be great to have feedback from Windows 10 users on whether this solution works for you or not.

Other possible issues are:-

- Do you start the Steam client before starting the Empire Total Factions mod? It is necessary to start Steam before starting Empire Total Factions.
    - Is Steam is installed on your computer in the default location? Different people seem to have had different experiences with this. When I tried to use this mod and had Steam installed in a non-default location, the mod did not work. When I re-installed Steam in the default location, this mod worked.
    Last edited by Alwyn; October 23, 2015 at 11:24 AM.

The mod starts, and there is no trouble starting up. The error occurs when I try starting a new game.

Do you run the mod in compatibility mode with Windows 7? Do you start the Steam client before starting the mod? Are Steam and Empire Total War installed in the default locations? If the answer to all of these questions is yes, then it seems that this mod is not compatible with Windows 10, unless anyone can think of a possible solution.

When I try to run the exe program, my computer says I don't have enough free space. I have 1.4 TB free on my computer so I'm very confused.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Other possible issues are:-

- Do you start the Steam client before starting the Empire Total Factions mod? It is necessary to start Steam before starting Empire Total Factions.
    - Is Steam is installed on your computer in the default location? Different people seem to have had different experiences with this. When I tried to use this mod and had Steam installed in a non-default location, the mod did not work. When I re-installed Steam in the default location, this mod worked.
    The first one is mentioned in the OP and that's required to start Steam first before launching the ETF launcher otherwise you'll get a CTD when launching the game from ETF.

However, the second one rise a question I need to ask you about. Did you exit ETF and exit Steam Client then restarting Steam and launch the ETF launcher when Steam are installed in a non-default location?
    Last edited by Leonardo; October 26, 2015 at 12:25 PM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hi, I get a crash error when I start the game up, it shows me the loading screen for a few seconds and crashes, help?

Do you have Steam running before launching ETF?

If so then exit both ETF and Steam then re-launch Steam and ETF in that order. You might need to verify game cache in Steam first before retrying to run ETF. Remember to have Steam running.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Etruscan's Avatar Civis

When I try to run the exe program, my computer says I don't have enough free space. I have over 400 GB free on my computer so I'm very confused. Pls help

Quote Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
    When I try to run the exe program, my computer says I don't have enough free space. I have over 400 GB free on my computer so I'm very confused. Pls help
    Have you tried to delete the ClientRegistry.blob file in the Steam folder yet? If you haven't then delete it and retry to launch ETF.

Also, close ETF and Steam in that order then restart Steam and ETF then try to launch ETF and sometimes it helps. If nothing helps then you have two options left.

1. Look in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts folder and check if there are any scripts left from an uninstalled mod and delete them
    2. Verify game cache in Steam

Hi everybody,

Pls help me... I need mods startpos.zip to unlock all factions in ETW. Where can I download it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wookash View Post
    Hi everybody,

Pls help me... I need mods startpos.zip to unlock all factions in ETW. Where can I download it?
    Welcome to TWC my friend!

Why do you need Startpos.zip to unlock all factions in ETW for when ETF does the same thing?

Just download ETF and extract the archive into an empty folder then run the exe and follow the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Laze View Post
    The mod starts, and there is no trouble starting up. The error occurs when I try starting a new game.
    I have the same thing when starting a new campaign via ETF, but I can start a new campaign in vanilla and I dunno if this is related to my installation of ETW outside of the Steam folder or not.

Previously, I always installed ETW (since March 2009 when ETW came out) in the Steam folder and ETF worked as intended, but now when having ETW outside of the Steam folder ETF doesn't work no matter what I do.

I have verified game cache and uninstalled then reinstalled ETF twice, and still ETF doesn't work. I suspect that ETF aren't designed to be used when having ETW installed outside of the Steam folder, but I haven't checked that yet.

Kind of worked but had to ditch it. Not sure if it is the Late Campaign's fault or just the simple act of switching campaigns after already playing on one.

Had a Mughal campaign going on Early scenario and it seemed to be stable and working fine. Switching to the Late Campaign was a complete failure.

It gets as far as the faction select screen, attempting to actually start it will bring a loading screen and a CTD a few seconds later.

Once this happens, the entire game is lost. Late, Early, Vanilla... all broken in the same way. No amount of me swapping back vanilla files or verifying files with steam will fix this. A complete re installation is required.

My best guess is that the program isn't swapping files out properly and is either adding files it shouldn't when you switch to a different campaign or swaps a file that cannot be overwritten after the mod has run, permanently destroying the game.

Sad thing is, if it were the older versions where you just swapped the startpos and script files manually, it probably wouldn't be a problem. I've played the late campaign all the time back when that was the case.

Sorry to hear that, Napoli. I was able to play a Venice campaign and an Ireland campaign using ETF without the problem you experienced. Maybe ETF is more stable for early campaign games than late campaigns? If I remember correctly, it is possible (if you have ETF installed) to 'restore vanilla' and there is a list of which startpos file belongs to which campaign. So you could (a) 'restore vanilla' and then (b) manually switch the startpos files (and the scripting lua file, if you wanted to play the Thirteen Colonies, Louisiana or New Spain, to avoid the handover to Britain, France and Spain crashing the game when you are playing a protectorate.)

The list of which startpos belongs to which campaign is in C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/ETF/campaigns. It is a file called startlist.txt. The numbers in the list refer to the numbered folders in the ETF/campaigns folder. There are also folders with the names of emergent states, e.g. 'ire' for Ireland and 'us' for US.

If anyone wants to try manually swapping files and doesn't know where the startpos file goes, I suggest:

- First, go to C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/main and create a new sub-folder called 'vanilla files'. Cut and paste (not copy and paste) the startpos.esf file into that sub-folder. (If you want to play a protectorate such as the Thirteen Colonies, you'll need to cut and paste the scripting.lua file into the vanilla files sub-directory as well.) If you want to play the late campaign, you'll need to do this for C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/main_2 instead. (in that case, you don't need to move the scripting.lua file)

- Second, choose your preferred startpos file and copy and paste it into C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/main (if you are playing the early/Grand Campaign, starting in 1700) or C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/main_2 (if you are playing the late campaign, starting in 1783)
    Last edited by Alwyn; February 21, 2016 at 03:42 AM.

I recommend to play the Thirteen Colonies via the four chapters of the Road to Independence scenario (sort of ending the early campaign before the late campaign begins) and I know you can play it in ETF, I always do that when I want to play it.

ElijahR's Avatar Foederatus

Does anybody know why when I try to play as the pirates, I have one settlement but can't do anything with it because it is darkened out. Also when I go to diplomacy all factions are missing

Quote Originally Posted by ElijahR View Post
    Does anybody know why when I try to play as the pirates, I have one settlement but can't do anything with it because it is darkened out. Also when I go to diplomacy all factions are missing
    You can't play the pirates in ETF.

I know there is a pirate mod somewhere, but I haven't used any pirate mods or read any mod threads about a pirate mod(s).

Hi there.

First of all, congratulations on this very nice mod.

I would like to know if it's worth it enabling the BAI and CAI mods. Also, is there a recommended difficulty to play the game with the AI mods on? I tend to play my campaigns on normal due to diplomacy on hard being too awful.

Finally, does the CAI mod performs naval invasions?

Thanks in advance.

PS: After reading some posts, I've realized you probably can't play as Portugal, is that right? Are there any other factions I should avoid?
    Last edited by AlexCouceiro; April 11, 2016 at 10:45 PM.
    AlexCouceiro is Caligula, son of Germanicus, Roman

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCouceiro View Post
    PS: After reading some posts, I've realized you probably can't play as Portugal, is that right? Are there any other factions I should avoid?
    Playing Hessen in a late campaign.