Thread: [A.H] From Humble Beginnings

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Default [A.H] From Humble Beginnings

From Humble Beginnings

Prologue

Only 18. Yesterday I had been happily sharing a meal with my mother and father, laughing and chattering away to them. I wake up in the morning and they're gone. How was I not able to wake up to find out what was going on? I stand in the main room, staring at the wall in anger. Fists clenched, nose flared and veins throbbing, the desire for destruction runs through my mind. I proceed to launch the table across the wall, upon which it breaks upon contact, and immediately throw the chairs at it too. Why. Why! Why did this have to happen to me! I had done nothing wrong. My family had done nothing wrong. Why were we targeted then! Having calmed myself down, I grab a bag, collecting food, a container with water, clothing and other necessities and place them all inside. I may not have much, but hopefully I will have enough to keep me going until I can find more of what I need. With the intention of finding out what happened to my parents, I walk outside of the farmhouse and gaze at the countryside.

A beautiful land of opportunity it seemed. The luscious grassland, sloping ever so gently for miles, petals dotted throughout with the occasional tree to offer more diversity to the landscape. A radiant sun shines down upon the ground, with birds chirping away as if there was not a problem in the world. Finally relaxed, I proceed down the dusty path from the farmhouse and reach a crossroads. Left or right? Both ways seem inviting, but I choose to go westwards. I continue along the path, taking in all that surrounds me, as I optimistically predict what lays in store for me.

----

Sorry it's so short, i'm just getting started
    Last edited by Lysimachus; April 16, 2010 at 03:22 PM.

Default Re: [A.H] From Humble Beginnings

This has me hooked man; wonder what era you've set it in, how it'll deviate from history and, of course, what will happen to the character's family!

THis story is terrible. I would rather ingest laxatives and spend a day on the toilet than have to read this again.. Where did you study writing, The Bush Ranch?

God, I'm even better than Simon Cowell..

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima
    wonder what era you've set it in
    My guess is WW2.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

This has me hooked man; wonder what era you've set it in, how it'll deviate from history and, of course, what will happen to the character's family!
    Thanks

THis story is terrible. I would rather ingest laxatives and spend a day on the toilet than have to read this again.. Where did you study writing, The Bush Ranch?

YEAH WELL, RPGS SUCK

ESPECIALLY GSTK AND VIVE L'EMPIRE

Good start.
    Thanks

My guess is WW2.
    All will be revealed eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Good start.

My guess is WW2.

MY guess is that Lysi doesn't know when to set it, so he made an open-ended prologue.. Amateur error..

Monarchist's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    YEAH WELL, RPGS SUCK

ESPECIALLY GSTK AND VIVE L'EMPIRE
    We will have no inter-forum rivalry here, PEASANT! Cease and desist.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    MY guess is that Lysi doesn't know when to set it, so he made an open-ended prologue.. Amateur error..
    Now, now... leave your Say Cheesy banter for the proper forum.

I look forward to seeing the direction this takes, Lysimachus!
    "Pauci viri sapientiae student."
    Cicero

I like where this is going!!!

Keep em coming

- Cussa

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Very impressive Prologue, I look forward to more!
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.