Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Name the faction

Artifex

Default Name the faction

Ok, we're not doing any more previews before the beta is out, but we thought we would have a little fun in the meantime.

Here we have a new unit that has not been previewed. Try to guess what its ethnicity is. Do you think it is a regional unit or on a faction's unit list? If on a faction list, which faction do you think it belongs to? If it is a regional unit, what factions do you think will have access to it?

As a bit of background, our unit recruitment is based on many factors, but one of them is that we generally divide units into two categories: Faction units and regional units. Faction units are generally tied to specific factions (though can be shared) and will have recruitment areas that vary based on the government type, faction, and other things. Regional units generally aren't tied to specific factions, they're located in a specific area, show up as rebels, and the area in which they can be recruited never changes based on who is doing the recruiting or what government type they have. They're basically ethnic groups that aren't under the control of specific factions. Mini-factions, if you want to think of them that way.

So here is the new unit - who do you think it belongs to?

Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

For my money they look like Galatian Swordsmen. Therefore they could either be a regional unit or belong to the faction Galatia...

Is this a brand new unit for MTW??? Just kidding...could be Galatian or Celtic.
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli. - OVID

www.borowitzreport.com

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnęte Homme.

yeah, Galatian or celtic immediately comes to mind ...

I'm going to have to say Galatian aswell.

But considering that is too obvious it probably isn't.

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

I vote Galatian Its the shield, Sword and mail and helmet that amkes me think it.

Quintus Valerius's Avatar Centenarius

If not Galatians, then Celtiberians? One of the two, I'd guess.
    DA MIHI SIS POCVLVM VINI FALERNI

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

I also think they are Galatians. I think they are regional units, not faction specific. If I'm not mistaken, the Romans thought very highly of them ... But then again, I'm not that well informed regarding the Asia Minor region.
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Civitate

If it is Galatian (and it looks likely), Pontus, Seleukids and the Ptolemies immediately spring to mind.
    Under patronage of: Wilpuri

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Galatian or Belgae.
    Team Member <3

I first thought of Pontic Immitation Legions, but am not too good at history and although Galatians seems far more likly I will stick with Pontus through a mixture of stubberness (sp?) and the need to be different...
    Want your Nazgul to live forever? Click Here!!

You said there won't be any more previews, but what about the group of soldiers u said were being held back for a while. Such as the Spartan hoplite, etc.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MRY6
    You said there won't be any more previews, but what about the group of soldiers u said were being held back for a while. Such as the Spartan hoplite, etc.
    What group do you mean? We always have units that aren't in each faction preview because they aren't ready. I have just now posted one of them. If you don't like the "name the faction" game, I can not play it any more...

They are not Galatian, but you guys are on the right track.

You've not done a preview of Gaul, I think..well, you did of one of the gallic tribes.

I'm assuming it's a Gallic nobleman of the..belgae (if thats one gallic tribe?)

Artifex

We did do a preview of Aedui, who are a confederation of Gallic tribes. Technically they are both a tribe and a confederation; Gallic confederations were named by the tribes that controlled them. So "Aedui," for us, is not merely the Aedu, but the confederation led by the Aedu. Hence the large area the faction holds. The Belgae, by comparison, held a relatively small area.

They are without a doubt, the Bartix heavy infantry!

Well, if they aren't Galatians, they probally are soldiers from the kingdom of Tyle or something, that Thracian-Gallic kingdom in the Balkans. I doubt they are faction though. But well, what do I know?

it is an elite unit for the Arvenii (SP?), I knew it, you wouldn´t let them out.

By the way, congratularions to all EB members, you are the best.
    Mi first post to EB.

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

Bosporan Imitation Legions

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast