Thread: austrain campaign help

Default austrain campaign help

I am playing as the Austrians in world domination, not the historical campaign. So fare I have destroyed all of France except for the tiny island they have in the Mediterranean. I am still having problems with revolts in Paris. The Spanish still hold all of their original territories; the ottomans are at peace with my allies and me. Also the entire Italian peninsula is untouched. So any ideas on what I should do next are welcome.

Default Re: austrain campaign help

Have you gone north?

Libertus

Go to Italy. Austria had always been present there in those times. And another hint... peace between Austria and Otoman Empire used to be more or less fragile.

Immediately invade Corsica and take it - that will destroy France as a faction so even if they revolt again it will be as bog standard revolutionaries and even if they take Paris from you they won't get Napoleon, the cuirassiers old guard etc back.

Having destroyed France you can evacuate Paris and let any rebels that pop up take it - then when you retake it again you should get a protectorate option which will give you a French puppet state there and end the revolts.

And take the whole Italian peninsula - although note that the Neapolitans and Sicilians have mysteriously powerful veteran armies so you need more than one stack to be sure of beating them.

The Spanish are also tougher to beat in NTW than they were historically.

And don't trust your allies - if France and its allies are gone one of the main factors keeping them allied to you will disappear - and depending on difficulty level the sooner you take on Prussia and Russia the weaker they'll be.

Britain is best left to the end as its AI tends to be very passive and is unlikely to attack you without provocation - particularly if you give it Hannover as its one of their target provinces.

The Ottomans however will attack you and its probably better to take them out before tackling Prussia and Russia as if you don't they stab you in the back at the worst possible moment.
    Last edited by Clodius; April 16, 2010 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks for the suggestions