Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radious Campaign AI mod released

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Radious Campaign AI mod released

Hello Gentlemans, today i want present my new mod. I decided to start my struggle with CAI. I wanted to have CAi always more agressive, clever, with more troops ready to fight and not just camping monster which hardly attacks anything.

Before i will post further info i want to thank Sir Thoragoros for his excelent help. Without him i would be probably still lost in game files and messing there without any clue what to do.

Changes:

1. More agressive AI (will try to attack more often and capture more areas)
    2. AI will try recapture lost regions more often
    3. AI will spend more money on armies (result is more troops, bigger challenge)
    4. AI behavior of removing excess units reduced a lot (Ai will stop removing redundant soldiers, since in my opinion until AI controls all campaign map no soldier is redundant)
    5. AI will try to help ally more often
    6. AI will merge its armies so much more full stacks instead of 2 - 3 squads walking around
    7. AI prefers infantry much more then rest units (cavalry is often too, but artillary less since AI cant use them at all)
    8. AI will defend cities with full or almost full stacks most of the time.
    9. Few more little tweaks.

Result is that Ai should be bigger challenge on campaign map. Should create much more troops, do not camp so often and offer you big battles.

Download:

Attachment 84425

Instalation:

Just copy Radious_CampaignAI into your Data folder and place included script file into C/Users/Your PC/Appdata/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/ scripts folder.

Important info: All my mods created until today are fully compatible together and no matter which version from them you will use. You can use them seperately, but for best gamming experience i recommend to use them all together. There may be some problems with other mods which modding same files. I hope you will enjoy them and they will bring you better times with NTW.

Links to my other mods for easier tracking:

1. Buildings - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337797
    2. Experience - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339177
    3. Sound - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=336293
    4. Limit + Upkeep - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338284
    5. Ammo + Moral - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338641
    6. Units - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...51#post7064851
    7. Fire by Rank - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337881
    8. Weather + No dust - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...81#post7167281

Enjoy
    Last edited by Radious; April 18, 2010 at 11:40 AM.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Default Re: Radious Campaign AI mod released

Thanks Radious! I'm going to give this a try right away! cheers mate, I'll rep you when the system lets me

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Sounds great, I assume this won't work with saved games though?
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckylewis View Post
    It should work with save games, but i guess AI will need some time to adapt on the changes. For best experience is better to start new campaign, but should be save compatible.

Reuploaded the mod in mod.pack way and few minor AI tweaks added.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Luckylewis View Post
    CAI changes are indeed save game compatible. The AI will assume its new priorities immediately.

And congrats to Radious, one of our TWC favs when it comes to NTW.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    CAI changes are indeed save game compatible. The AI will assume its new priorities immediately.

And congrats to Radious, one of our TWC favs when it comes to NTW.
    Thank you Sir for you kind words. But without your help this mod would not existed.

I am still looking for any other ways how to improve CAI to be bigger challenge for players.

Niceee, Radious +1 rep indeed. Will surly give it a try right away.

this does not incorporate any BAI changes, right?
    Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by britishballer View Post
    this does not incorporate any BAI changes, right?
    No Sir, changes only CAI behavior.

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

Still working on our Mod too on the AI, I know the hell of work it makes.
    The "Agenda" of changes is at most Mods nearly the same and unfortunately you normally can mostly only change the CAI in the moment.

Radious, one tipp from one AI modding guy to an other one:
    Be aware with every change in term of making the AI more aggressive on the map and try out if they don't attack with everything and don't left behind anything to defend. That happens in my GdC Mod and I'm changing and fixing it in the moment for our 2.0 Version

btw... +1 rep for great job!

Senior Moderator and Staff Member of the large German Totalwar-Zone (over 11.000 members):
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/in...39807329133e3f

Death smiles at us all, the only thing you could do is smile back!
    Mark Aurel, Roman General and Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Mandelus View Post
    Still working on our Mod too on the AI, I know the hell of work it makes.
    The "Agenda" of changes is at most Mods nearly the same and unfortunately you normally can mostly only change the CAI in the moment.

Radious, one tipp from one AI modding guy to an other one:
    Be aware with every change in term of making the AI more aggressive on the map and try out if they don't attack with everything and don't left behind anything to defend. That happens in my GdC Mod and I'm changing and fixing it in the moment for our 2.0 Version

btw... +1 rep for great job!
    I was aware of that issue so i changed another tab where i orderdered AI to defend their citties at all cost, but create much more troops. So in my 3 campaigns AI keeps almost always full stacks in border cities but has plenty full stacks ready to attack.

But we cant change AI behavior, we can just push them little bit and told it what to prefer more, but lack of modding tools wont allow us to rework AI much more.

If you could implement the AOR it will be great, I mean recruit some local units in its own uniform.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Did anybody have the time to try this mod?

There are a lot of AI mods.My comp is a mess.But I will try this .I will see if works with pajo mod ,who mix his mod with Dogmet mod ,and Lutnick mod...my god...how many mods are there?
    Last edited by metenojo; April 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM.

Try it Sir and you will see. I think i managed to improve Ai to be bigger challenge in campaign and that it works better then vanilla version.

Senseo's Avatar Laetus

Hi Radious.
    I played a campain with the english( hard) but it was kinda boring. there was war between everyone but nothing happened. I was the only one who took territory.
    then I started a new campain on very hard but again..there wasn't much going on. I also noticed that the armies I was fighting against had 4-5 units of arty. ( that should be less,correct?)
    yes, the AI has almost in every city a full stack but could that maybe be the problem? the AI has no armies left to advance cause they are defending the cities?
    I hope you continue to work on this mod though because the ideas you have are great!

btw, sorry for the bad english. It has been a long time..

Thank you for feedback Sir, i tested Ai on 4 campaigns always no VH and in each was AI attacking and crushing other nations. But it may be conected with other my mods, where i lovered cost, upkeep and stuff so Ai gets more troops. I may soon little tweak the AI to improve it, but camapign Ai cant be changed much, you can just slightly change priorities what Ai should prefer, but still it works with scripts and changes i made takes only like an option not like a command - for example cannon problem, even if you lower it Ai still will create them because it has written in scripts which we cannot change or mod. (Or I dont know how).

But AI should not be definitely passive, atlest is not in any of my campaigns. I changed priorities for expansion behavior and recapture behavior to maximum so AI usually trying to attack, but again game is so scripted that this is mainly for 5 main nations + Otomans. Rest small nations almost never do nothing else then just camp in their country.

If you really dislike manny arty in AIs armies then i suggest to do simplest way - in first 2 levels of Arty buildings remove all cannons so nobody will be able to create arty until reach level 3 of that structure.
    Last edited by Radious; April 19, 2010 at 05:44 AM.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

We've been trying this mod in an egyptian MPC wilothewisp and I, and it gives very good results for the moment.

The first time we played this campaign in normal in the vanilla game, The AI did... nothing. The British navy even vanished from the map and Wilo, who played France, had to land on the Brits' Island to make them react! Similarly, The Beduins and Mamelukes did very little thing, so the AI was a walk in the park for Wilo who could make naval invasions everywhere and quickly crushed me.

With Radious mod and still playing on normal difficulty, the British have landed in French territory and they harrass the French forces, while the Beduins attack from the southwest. It's much more tense and interesting.

So, so far, I would say it's a pretty good improvement.

Hi Radious
    I have small problem. With this mod i have no sound and music in hole game (except intro). Any ideas what it could be?

Ok. I read couple of topics and it's done. By the way, great mod
    Last edited by Vinncent; May 09, 2010 at 07:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast