Thread: Help, general losing stats (playing with BGRIV)

Default Help, general losing stats (playing with BGRIV)

Hi, 1st of all I would like to thank PB and the contribution of the numerous modders who made the complication possible.

I'm currently playing a Teutonic Late Era campaign with April 11th patch and BGRIV activated. For some reason my faction leader keep having his authority diminished.

At turn 1 he has 5 authority ( 2 from Hochmeister Trait, 1 from Champion of Honour, 2 from political animal). At turn 2 he obtained his Duke of Konigsberg ancillary which gives 2 authority so he should have 7. But he end up with only 3 authority. Im at turn 7 now and hes down to 2 authority. I have checked his trait and ancillary list and there's nothing listed there that would give negativ authority.

The same thing happened with my english campaign, some of my generals start losing their command stars, but theres no mention of it in their traits or ancillary list.

Ive read somewhere that one feature of BGR is that its possible for your general to be banished thus losing their status. But i dont think that is the case here.

Is this a bug, or a feature of BGR that I'm not aware of? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: Help, general losing stats (playing with BGRIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhawkdown View Post
    Hi, 1st of all I would like to thank PB and the contribution of the numerous modders who made the complication possible.

I'm currently playing a Teutonic Late Era campaign with April 11th patch and BGRIV activated. For some reason my faction leader keep having his authority diminished.

At turn 1 he has 5 authority ( 2 from Hochmeister Trait, 1 from Champion of Honour, 2 from political animal). At turn 2 he obtained his Duke of Konigsberg ancillary which gives 2 authority so he should have 7. But he end up with only 3 authority. Im at turn 7 now and hes down to 2 authority. I have checked his trait and ancillary list and there's nothing listed there that would give negativ authority.

The same thing happened with my english campaign, some of my generals start losing their command stars, but theres no mention of it in their traits or ancillary list.

Ive read somewhere that one feature of BGR is that its possible for your general to be banished thus losing their status. But i dont think that is the case here.

Is this a bug, or a feature of BGR that I'm not aware of? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Well, if you expanded rapidly your faction's zeal would drop. I don't know if it affects Authority but it certainly causes a loss of command points. That's all I can think of... all my leaders in Byg IV seem to start out with 3 Authority before it slowly rises...
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

BGRIII IV &V limit authority to 3 mostly.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    BGRIII IV &V limit authority to 3 mostly.
    Well, eventually I got Prince Vsevolod up to 7 or so. But it took time.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

What does authority do?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Walter View Post
    Well, eventually I got Prince Vsevolod up to 7 or so. But it took time.
    Yes it limits authority to 3 for the 1st 10 authority, i.e it removes up to 7, but of course the human player gets so many bonuses that you can still build it up again, even to 10 (would have been 17), unfortunately. Though I don't know whether any authority over 10 actually counts.

I see, thank you Sir Walter, and Byg!

So your faction leader can only have max of 3-5 authority? What affects the max number of authority your faction leader can have?

Wow playing with BGRIV really gives you lots of handicap.. I usually play on H or VH but im just rolling on medium now, money's been a real pain too.

All and all thank you for your work Byg, its an awesome mod and i can certainly how it add a lot of depth and role-playing aspects, i can see my self crying for help again as i go further into the campaign.

Patrician

I think the leader can have a max of 10 effective authority at one time, but as I said BGR will clip off up to 7 out of the first 10. There are many things that grant authority though, that would normally be throwing about 20 authority at the player, so a deserving Leader can still get 10 eventually, even after losing 7. It's a tricky one to mod because it wraps around, so less than 0 = 10 as far as I can remember, or something similarly quirky.
    Last edited by Byg; April 16, 2010 at 02:14 AM.