Thread: Megaupload contains Trojan horse Agent2.AQEO

Default Megaupload contains Trojan horse Agent2.AQEO

My virus scanner AVG says the megaupload file (here) is infected with the following: Trojan horse Agent2.AQEO. No other file on my system is infected and I cannot find any information as to the specifics of this "trojan horse".

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Megaupload contains Trojan horse Agent2.AQEO

It red flagged for me, too and I posted about it here. Zhuge thinks it might have something to do with the game having "Trojan Horse" in the game text files. I'm certain it's not Megaupload itself because I scoured the mod forums and test DLed two other mods from it without incident.

I remember there were some problems with troy total war for a number of people because of fussy anti-virus programs. There is nothing in the game files which could act as a virus, and the installer was made by the highly respected Aradan, so I reckon it is just your anti-virus being picky.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I had this problem with a M2TW mod once. Some very picky virus programmes will pick up on files that they think are viruses, even when they aren't. I suspect that it's just because the game files contain the words 'Trojan Horse'.

Thanks guys.