Thread: The Rebellion's Shipyard (N). Imperial Fleet.

Default The Rebellion's Shipyard (N). Imperial Fleet.

Hi!

This is the Imperial Fleet. In its compatible version is playable with any other mod that has not added new ships, although is compatible with any mod, adapted versions to the mods which have created new ships should be prepared. It is based in the Rebel Fleets mods that were released for Empire Total War here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=298655. Main changes are related to battle speed, turning rate, hull strengh and visual damage, moral, guns ranges, damage, and dispersion. Also in campaign you will be able to recruit war ships in trade ports in a staggered way, so as the top option you will be able to build third rates in trading companies. Also the action or movement points in campaign have been multipied by 3, this may change in future versions. It has just been finished so not tested in campaign. So I hope you but I like it too. Well any feedback is welcome.

To install, after you have downloaded open extrac the file from the folder and paste it in :

C:>application files>steam>SteamApps>common>napoleon total war>data

The mod is in mod form, not movie, so you will need ModManager for NTW.

NEW 1.02 VERSION RELEASED TO SOLVE PROBLEMS WITH COMPATIBILITY AND CARRONADES POINTED BY IUTLAND IN POST #11.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; June 18, 2011 at 11:44 AM.

Default Re: The Rebellion's Shipyard (N). Imperial Fleet.

Looks cool. I've been waiting for something just like this. Is it possible to make a version that just includes the changes to speed and turning radius? I also like the option of building warships from trade ports.

Hi!

This post is reseved for customized version.

Imperial Fleet Customized Dignan v1 released. It only has the speed, turning speed, and campaign recruit of warships in trade ports.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 19, 2010 at 12:32 PM.

Erik Hammarstrom's Avatar Foederatus

Hi, I really like this mod, had one of the best naval battles ever yesterday, it's probably the best naval mod I've tried so far!
    However, I was wondering if there are any plans on including a reskin to make the ships colours sharper? The imperial navy looks pretty worn down.

Hi!

Erik Hammarstrom. Thank you for sharing your opinion, I am glad that you like the naval changes. It is a fact that my main work has been the naval stats in Empire TW, I have made some changes in other stats and main folder, but what I have never done is textures. Before NTW was released I got PhotoShop and Milkshape programs but as NTW was released I wanted to transfer the changes in naval stats I had done in Empire to NTW. So about future, I am working in some new concepts for the mod in Empire now, I am testing now the partial adaptation of the mod to that new concept and then I have to decide if I finally release new versions with these changes, I will learn how to make textures because can hardly open the Ps and that is it, no more. But maybe you arlready know my friend Sharp's work in naval stats and textures. He has done a great work so I recomend you to try his work too. You can use his texture separatelly if you want with other mods, as mine, or vanilla. I hope you like it as much as I do.

Congratulations to your new release on NAP! Great to see you here mate! +rep

Please feel free to integrate my current and future AUM ships and the customized naval crew Marines stats.

Hi!

Swiss Halberdier. Thank you for you post. It will be nice to do that integration, thank you for your permission.

Hi!

Imperial Fleet Customized Dignan v1 released. It only has the speed, turning rate and campaign recruiting in trade porst changes. Dowloand it from post 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Hi!

Imperial Fleet Customized Dignan v1 released. It only has the speed, turning rate and campaign recruiting in trade porst changes. Dowloand it from post 3.
    A big "thanks" to you for this, and some rep. I really appreciate it. I'll try this out tonight hopefully, if I have time.

Let's advance some positions in this cementery.

Let's advance some positions in this cementery.
    Hi Bethencourt

Very good naval mod and the best I've tried for ETW and now this for NTW. +Rep
    I have made an Imperial Fleet compatible version of my "Denmark og Englandkrigene" mod and will continue support that.
    But I have a change request for your 1.01 version:

1. Would it be possible for you to delete entries in the tables that are not covered by the mod scope (infantry stats, Artillery stats, Land artillery projectiles etc.)? (this will make the mod more modular)
    2. One of the Carronade Round shot projectile have a range of 50meters (is that intentionally?).

Thanks for this great naval mod!

iutland

PS. Also thanks for sharing your knowledge on all the naval stats

Hi!

Iutland. Thank you for giving your opinion but most of all thank you for your feedback on technical problems. You are right on both. I have not been modding for quite a while so I have not realized those problems. I have just started to work on the new version to correct those problems. Thank you.

Hi!

Imperial Fleet compatible Version 1.02 released to solve problems of compatibility and carronades pointed by IUTLAND in post #11.

Hello

Can I check if this mod disables Steam Achievements? If not is there something similar for Empire as well?

Thanks,
    G

Hi!

Darth_Pleb. This mod does not disables Steam Achievements. It is just a naval mod for Napoleon Total War, and I do not know if you ask for something symilar that disables Steam Achievements for Empire or if you ask for a naval mod for Empire. I do not know about Steam Achievements for Empire, but this is my mod for Empire which is more than naval as you can see there but it has a only naval version, Drac universal version. This is the link to get there: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=298655

Great thank you, very much appreciated.

I want to have the improvements your mods brings to the naval gameplay, i.e. realistic turning etc for both Empire and Napoleon without effecting overall vanilla gameplay and of course Steam Achievements which I don't want disabled.

Sounds like this mod and the one for Empire will do the trick!.

Regards,
    G

Hi!

I have created a new damage file over vanilla textures by request of Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe, it is in first post in attached files, Imperial Fleet ship damage 2.

Hi!

I have created a new damage file over vanilla textures by request of Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe, it is in first post in attached files, Imperial Fleet ship damage 2.
    I thank you very much + rep.

how to mod only the hull resistance?

Do you mean hull strength? please click on the NAVAL MODDING link in my signature. The hull strength of each ship is divided in several, a lot, of parts and each part has three stats as said in the tutorial - resource there. Please read it and if you have any doubt ask me there.